Apple Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard Software Update - MC223ZA
Upgrade from Mac OS X Leopard with Snow Leopard, a simpler, more powerful, and more refined version of Mac OS X. It delivers a wide range of enhancements, next-generation technologies, out-of-the-box support for Microsoft Exchange Server, and new accessibility features. It's the world's most advanced operating system, finely tuned from installation to shutdown.
Better, Faster, Easier
- Snow Leopard enhances your entire Mac experience. In ways big and small, it gets faster, more reliable, and easier to use.
- Activate Exposé right from the Dock.
- Wake from sleep and shut down your Mac faster than before.
- Install it more quickly and get back 7GB of disk space.
- Enjoy dozens more refinements for everything from iChat to Preview and more.
- New core technologies in Snow Leopard unleash the power of today’s advanced hardware and prepare Mac OS X for future innovation.
- 64-bit support, the next big step for the Mac. All key system applications are now 64-bit so they can take advantage of all the memory in your Mac.
- Grand Central Dispatch, a revolutionary new way for software to get the most from multicore processors.
- OpenCL, a new technology that unleashes the power of graphics processors to accelerate application performance.
- As the next generation of media players, it’s built on new core technologies and advances modern media and Internet standards.
- Watch your videos in a clean, uncluttered interface with the new QuickTime Player.
- Record audio or video using the built-in iSight camera and microphone in your Mac.
- Trim your media to the perfect length.
- Easily publish your media to MobileMe or YouTube.
Out-of-the-Box support for Microsoft Exchange
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard delivers built-in support for the latest version of Microsoft Exchange Server, something even Windows PCs don’t have.
- Use your Mac at home and at work and have all your messages, meetings, and contacts in one place.
- Easily set it up using the Autodiscovery feature in Exchange.
- Use Mail, iCal, and Address Book to access your work email, calendars, and the
- Global Address List alongside your personal accounts. Take advantage of powerful Mac OS X features such as Spotlight, Quick Look, data detectors, and more.
- Use Top Sites to view your favorite websites at a glance, see which ones have been updated, and visit them in a click.
- Complete search queries as you type with built-in Google Suggest.
- Flip through full-page previews of your browsing history in Cover Flow the same way you flip through album art in iTunes.
- Mac computer with an Intel processor
- 1GB of memory
- 5GB of available disk space
- DVD drive for installation
- Some features require a compatible Internet service provider; fees may apply.
- Some features require Apple’s MobileMe service; fees and terms apply.
- Time Machine requires an additional hard drive or Time Capsule (sold separately).
- Photo Booth
requires an iSight camera (built in or external), USB video class (UVC) camera, or FireWire DV camcorder. Backdrop effects when using a DV camcorder require fixed focus, exposure, and white balance.
- Boot Camp requires Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or Windows Vista (sold separately).
- Screen sharing in iChat and the Finder requires a 128-Kbps Internet connection (300 Kbps recommended).
- DVD Player requires a 1.6GHz processor or faster for improved deinterlacing.
- iChat Audio chats require a microphone and a 56-Kbps Internet connection.
Video chats require an iSight camera (built in or external), USB video class (UVC) camera, or FireWire DV camcorder; and a 128-Kbps upstream and downstream Internet connection. Backdrop effects when using a DV camcorder require fixed focus, exposure, and white balance. Some iChat features offer better performance and quality with higher system capabilities. More details
- Exchange Support requires Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 Update Rollup 4. Auto-setup requires enabling the Autodiscovery feature of Microsoft Exchange Server.
- QuickTime X movie capture requires iSight camera (built-in or external), USB video class (UVC) camera, or FireWire DV camcorder.
- QuickTime H.264 hardware acceleration requires a Mac with an NVIDIA 9400M graphics processor.
- Developer tools require 1GB of memory and an additional 3GB of available disk space.
- OpenCL requires one of the following graphics cards or graphics processors:
- NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, GeForce 9600M GT, GeForce 8600M GT, GeForce GT 120, GeForce GT 130, GeForce GTX 285, GeForce 8800 GT, GeForce 8800 GS, Quadro FX 4800, Quadro FX5600
- ATI Radeon 4850, Radeon 4870
- 64-bit support requires a Mac with a 64-bit processor.
- Grand Central Dispatch requires a Mac with a multicore processor.