Canon PowerShot SX120 IS Black 10 Megapixels Digital Camera - SX120IS
A Big, Easy Zoom.
Everything about the PowerShot SX120 IS is easy. The Smart AUTO feature makes every shot picture-perfect. An impressive 10x Optical Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer keeps you sharp and steady. There's even an Easy Mode that makes shooting super simple.
- Smart AUTO detects and analyzes faces, brightness, colors, distance, and movement, then compensates and enhances to make every image the best it can be by selecting an appropriate setting for the scene.
- Easy Mode makes capturing images as easy as 1-2-3! The camera takes all the guesswork out of the equation by determining the right shooting mode for the situation.
- This high-powered 10x Optical Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer ensures clear images whether you are up close or further away.
- Lightweight, compact camera with the DIGIC 4 Image Processor and high resolution 10.0 Megapixels you can take anywhere you go!
- Large 3.0-inch PureColor System LCD enables easy viewing.
- This AA battery powered camera enables you to easily power up.
- PowerShot SX120 IS Body
- AA-size Alkaline Battery (x2)
- SD Memory Card SDC-128MB
- Wrist Strap WS-800
- Digital Camera Solution CD-ROM
- USB Interface Cable IFC-400PCU
- AV Cable AVC-DC400
- Type of Camera
- Compact digital still camera with built-in flash, 10x Optical/4x Digital/40x Combined Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer System
- Image Capture Device
- Type: 10.0 Megapixel, 1/2.5-inch type Charge Coupled Device (CCD)
- Total Pixels: Approx. 10.3 Megapixels
- Effective Pixels: Approx. 10.0 Megapixels
- Focal Length 6.0 (W) - 60.0mm (T) f/2.8 (W) - f/4.3 (T)
(35mm equivalent: 36 (W) - 360 (T) mm)
- Digital Zoom 10x
- Focusing Range
- Normal: 1.6 ft./50cm-infinity (W), 3.3 ft./1m-infinity (T)
- Macro: 0.4 in.-1.6 ft./1-50cm (W)
- Autofocus System TTL Autofocus
- Viewfinder & Monitor
- Viewfinder: None
- LCD Monitor: 3.0-inch low-temperature polycrystalline silicon TFT color LCD with wide viewing angle
- LCD Pixels: Approx. 230,000 pixels
- LCD Coverage: 100%
- Aperture & Shutter
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.8 (W) - f/4.3 (T)
- Shutter Speed: 15-1/2500 sec. (settable in Tv and M)
- Exposure Control
- ISO Sensitivity: Auto, ISO 80/100/200/400/800/1600 equivalent
(Subject movement is taken into account while shooting in Auto and Easy modes)
- Light Metering Method: Evaluative*, Center-weighted average, spot**
* Facial brightness is also evaluated in Face Detect AF
** Fixed to center
- Exposure Control Method: Program AE, Manual; AE Lock, Program Shift, Safety Shift, Auto ISO Shift
- Exposure Compensation: +/-2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- White Balance
- White Balance Control: Auto*, Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Custom
*The color of faces is evaluated in Face Detect
- Built-in Flash: Auto, Auto w/Red-eye Reduction, Flash On, Flash On w/Red-eye Reduction, Flash Off; FE lock, Safety FE, Slow Synchro
- Flash Range: 50 cm - 4.0 m (W), 1.0 cm - 2.5 m (T) (1.6 - 13 ft. (W), 3.3 - 8.2 ft. (T))
- Recycling Time: 12 sec. or less (battery voltage: 3.0 V)
- LCD monitor is turned off during flash charging (Except when turning on the power)
- Flash Exposure Compensation: +/-2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- Shooting Specifications
- Shooting Modes: Auto*, P, Av, Tv, M, Easy, Portrait, Landscape, Special Scene (Foliage, Snow, Beach, Sunset, Fireworks, Aquarium, ISO 3200), Indoor, Kids & Pets, Night Snapshot, Movie, Night Scene
* Automatically detects the shooting scene.
- Photo Effects: My Colors
My Colors Off, Vivid, Neutral, Sepia, Black & White, Custom Color*
*Adjustment of contrast, sharpness and saturation is available.
- Saving original image is not available.
- Self-Timer: Activates shutter after an approx. 2-sec./10-sec. delay, Custom*, Face Self-Timer**
* Shooting start time (0-10 sec. (in 1-second increments), 15/20/30 sec.) and number of shots (1-10 (in one-shot increments)) can be specified.
** When the number of detected faces increases, the shutter is released after 2 sec. delay. However, if no face is detected for 30 seconds or more, the shooting operation starts automatically.
- Wireless Control: Not available
- Continuous Shooting: Normal: Normal: approx. 1.3 fps; AF: approx. 0.9 fps; LV: approx. 0.9 fps
- Image Storage
- Storage Media: SD/SDHC memory card, MultiMediaCard, MMCplus card, HC MMCplus card
- File Format: Design rule for camera file system, DPOF (Version 1.1) compliant
- Image Compression: Normal, Fine
- JPEG Compression Mode:
- Still Image: Exif 2.2 (JPEG)
- Movie: AVI (Image data: Motion JPEG; Audio data: WAVE (Monaural))
- Number of Recording Pixels:
- Still Image: 3,648 x 2,736 (Large), 2,816 x 2,112 (Medium 1), 2,272 x 1,704 (Medium 2), 1,600 x 1,200 (Medium 3), 640 x 480 (Small), 3,648 x 2,048 (Widescreen)
- Movie: 640 x 480 (30 fps/30 fps LP), 320 x 240 (30 fps) available up to 4GB or 60 minutes per clip.
- Data stamp is available in all recording pixels
- Playback Specifications
- Playback Modes
- Still Image: Single, Magnification (approx. 2x-10x), Jump, Auto Rotate, Rotate, Resume, My Category, Transition Effects, Histogram, Index (4-100 thumbnails), Over Exposure Warning, Slide Show, Red-eye Correction, Resize, Easy;
- Movie: Normal Playback, Special Playback, Auto Rotate, Resume, Easy
- Erasing Specifications
- Erase Modes
- Still Image: single image, select all images
- The image data stored in the memory card with the design rule for camera file systems format can be erased. However, protected images cannot be erased)
- Movie: any movie file (files must be erased one at a time)
- Computer Interface: Hi-Speed USB* (dedicated connector (female) with unified type of digital audio and video**
* Use of USB logomark is not allowed.
** mini-B compatible.
- Video Out: NTSC/PAL
- Audio Out: Monaural
- Other: Memory card slot; direct connection to Canon and SELPHY Compact Photo Printers, PIXMA Photo Printers and PictBridge-compatible printers via camera's USB 2.0 Hi-Speed cable
- Power Supply
- Power Source
- AA-size Alkaline Battery (x2)
- Rechargeable AA-size NiMH Battery NB-3AH (x2)
- AC Adapter Kit ACK-800 (optional)
- Shooting Capacity Still Image: Still Image: approx. 130 shots (AA-size Alkaline Battery), approx. 370 shots (AA-size Ni-MH Battery)*
- Playback Time Approx. 7 hrs. (AA-size Alkaline Battery), approx. 9 hrs. (AA-size Ni-MH Battery)
*LCD screen on. The above figures comply with CIPA testing standards and apply when fully-charged batteries are used.
- Physical Specifications
- Operating Temperature 32–104°F/0–40°C
- Operating Humidity 10–90%
- Width: 4.35"
- Height: 2.77"
- Depth: 1.76"
- Unit(camera body only): 0.5 lbs
- Shipping: 2 lbs
- Manufacturers Warranty(authorized online retailer): One Year parts and labor