Canon PowerShot G11 Black 10 Megapixels Digital Camera - G11
The G Series Comes Full Circle.
You asked, and Canon not only listened, but delivered big-time. Advanced amateurs who have overwhelmingly embraced the G Series will be delighted with the PowerShot G11, which features RAW mode for unlimited editing options, a 28mm wide-angle lens, and a 2.8-inch Vari-Angle PureColor System LCD. Add to that Canon's new High Sensitivity System and high-speed ISO for incredible image quality, and Canon's top-range compact digital camera is a truly groundbreaking successor.
- New 10.0 Megapixel sensor coupled with Canon's DIGIC 4 Image Processor designed as the High Sensitivity System for improved low light image performance.
- Full range of shooting and recording modes including RAW + JPEG for the ultimate creative control.
- Large, bright 2.8-inch Vari-angle LCD with 461,000 dots for shooting at a variety of angles plus an optical viewfinder.
- A host of optional accessories including Speedlite flashes, underwater housing and Tele-Converter Lens are available.
- A high-powered Wide-Angle 5x Optical Zoom (equivalent to 28 - 140mm) with Canon's Optical Image Stabilizer gets you up close and personal to your subjects.
- DIGIC 4 Image Processor improves the overall camera performance.
- HDMI output for viewing still images on an HDTV.
- Improved Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper setting for the camera based on 22 predefined shooting situations.
- PowerShot G11
- Lithium Battery Pack NB-7L
- Battery Charger CB-2LZ
- Neck Strap NS-DC9
- Digital Camera Solution CD-ROM
- USB Interface Cable IFC-400PCU
- AV Cable AVC-DC400
- Type of Camera
- Compact digital still camera with built-in flash, 5x Optical/4x Digital/20x Combined Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer System
- Image Capture Device
- Type:1/1.7-inch type Charge Coupled Device (CCD)
- Total Pixels: Approx. 10.4 Megapixels
- Effective Pixels: Approx. 10.0 Megapixels
- Focal Length 6.1 (W) - 30.5mm (35mm film equivalent: 28 (W) - 140 (T) mm)
- Digital Zoom 5x
- Focusing Range
- Normal: 1.6 ft./50cm-infinity
- Macro: 0.4 in.-1.6 ft./1-50cm
- Autofocus System TTL Autofocus
- Viewfinder & Monitor
- Viewfinder: Real-image optical zoom viewfinder
- LCD Monitor: 2.8-inch TFT color, with wide viewing angle
- LCD Pixels: Approx. 461,000 pixels
- LCD Coverage: 100%
- Aperture & Shutter
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.8 (W) - f/4.5 (T)
- Shutter Speed: 15-1/4000 sec. (Total shutter speed range; settable in Tv and M)
- Exposure Control
- Auto*, ISO 80/100/200/400/800/1600/3200 (Standard output sensitivity. Recommended exposure index. *Camera automatically sets the optimal ISO speed according to shooting mode and subject brightness. The ISO speed also varies according to subject movement and camera shake when the shooting mode is set to Auto.)
- Light Metering Method: Evaluative*1, Center-weighted average, spot*2
*1 Facial brightness is also evaluated in Face Detect AiAF.
*2 Fixed to center or linked to the AF frame.
- Exposure Control Method: Program AE, Shutter Speed-Priority AE, Aperture-Priority AE, i-Contrast, Manual; AE Lock, Safety Shift, Auto ISO Shift
- Exposure Compensation: +/-2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- Shooting standby only (Movies)
- White Balance
- White Balance Control: Auto*, Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Flash, Underwater, Custom1, Custom2
*The color of faces is evaluated in Face AiAF
- Built-in Flash: Auto, Auto w/Red-eye Reduction, Flash On, Flash On w/Red-eye Reduction, Flash Off; FE lock, Safety FE, Slow Synchro, Second-curtain synchro
- Flash Range: 1.6 ft.-23 ft./50 cm-7 m (W), 1.6-13 ft./50cm-4.0m (T)
- Recycling Time: 10 sec. or less (battery voltage: 7.4V)
- Flash Exposure Compensation: +/-2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- Shooting Specifications
- Shooting Modes: Auto*1, P, Tv, Av, M, C1, C2, Low Light, Quick Shot, SCN*2, Movie
*1 Optimum image processing for each scene. *2 Portrait, Landscape, Night Snapshot, Kids & Pets, Indoor, Sports, Sunset, Night Scene, Fireworks, Beach, Underwater, Aquarium, Foliage, Snow, Color Accent, Color Swap, Stitch Assist
- Photo Effects: My Colors
My Colors Off, Vivid, Neutral, Sepia, Black & White, Positive Film, Lighter Skin Tone, Darker Skin Tone, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid Red, Custom*
*Adjustment of contrast, sharpness, saturation, red, green, blue and skin tone are available.
Saving original image is not available.
Not available with RAW setting.
- Self-Timer: Approx. 10-sec. delay/approx. 2-sec. delay/ Custom*1/Face Self-Timer*2
*1 Shooting start time (0-10 sec. (in one-second increments)) can be specified.
*2 When the number of detected faces increases, the shutter is released after 2 sec. delay. However, if no face is detected for 30 seconds or more, the shooting operation starts automatically. 2 sec. delay. However, if no face is detected for 30 seconds or more, the shooting operation starts automatically.
- Wireless Control: Not available
- Continuous Shooting: Normal: approx. 1.1 fps; AF: approx. 0.7 fps; LV: approx. 0.8 fps (Large/Fine)
- Image Storage
- Storage Media: SD/SDHC Memory Card, MultiMediaCard, MMCplus card, HC MMCplus card
- File Format: Design rule for Camera File system, DPOF (Version 1.1) compliant
- Image Compression: Normal, Fine, RAW
- JPEG Compression Mode:
- Still Image: Exif 2.2 (JPEG) RAW (CR2 Canon Original))
- Movie: MOV (Image: H.264; Audio data: Linear PCM (monaural))
- Number of Recording Pixels:
- Still Image: 3,648 x 2,736 (Large); 2,816 x 2112 (Medium 1); 2,272 x 1,704 (Medium 2); 1,600 x 1,200 (Medium 3); 640 x 480 (Small); 3,648 x 2,048 (Wide); 3,648 x 2,736 (RAW); 1,824 x 1,368 (Medium*)
* Low Light mode
- Playback Specifications
- Playback Modes
- Still Image: Single, Magnification (approx. 2x-10x), Jump, Auto Rotate, Rotate, Resume, My Colors, My Category, Transition Effects, Histogram, Overexposure Warning, Index (4-130 thumbnails can be selected), Slide Show, Red-eye Correction, RAW playback, Trimming, Resize, Image Inspection Tool, i-Contrast
- Movie: Normal Playback, Special Playback, Editing, Auto Rotate, Resume
- Erasing Specifications
- Erase Modes
- Still Image: single image, select range, select by date, select by category, select by folder, all images
- Movie: part of movie, all of movie
- Computer Interface: USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (mini-B jack)
- Video Out: NTSC/PAL (dedicated connector (female) with unified type of digital, audio and video)
- Audio Out: Monaural (dedicated connector (female) with unified type of digital, audio and video)
- Other: SD Memory card slot; direct connection to Canon CP and SELPHY Compact Photo Printers, PIXMA Photo Printers and PictBridge-compatible printers via camera's USB 2.0 Hi-Speed cable
- Power Supply
- Power Source
- Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery NB-7L
- AC Adapter Kit ACK-DC50
- Shooting Capacity Still Image: approx. 390 shots (NB-7L/LCD on)*, approx. 1,000 shots (NB-7L/LCD off)
- Playback Time Approx. 420 min. (NB-7L)
* LCD screen on. The above figures comply with CIPA testing standards and apply when fully-charged batteries are used.
- Physical Specifications
- Operating Temperature 32–104°F/0–40°C
- Operating Humidity 10–90%
- Width: 4.41"
- Height: 3"
- Depth: 1.90"
- Unit(camera body only): 0.8 lbs
- Shipping: 2 lbs
- Manufacturers Warranty(authorized online retailer): One Year parts and labor