Canon PowerShot S90 Black 10 Megapixels Digital Camera - S90
Cutting-Edge Technology Yields to Old School Feel.
Canon's storied S Series gets a revitalized new leader in the slimmer, lighter, new PowerShot S90, the perfect everyday camera for people who are serious about great photography. Image quality is superb thanks to the new High Sensitivity System and higher ISO speeds, plus an exceptionally bright f/2.0 lens that makes portraits and low-light shots come to life. Photography enthusiasts will love the new control ring at the base of the lens barrel, designed for intuitive, pro-style manual control.
- New 10.0 Megapixel sensor coupled with Canon's DIGIC 4 Image Processor designed as the High Sensitivity System for improved low light image performance, plus a Low Light scene mode for ISO settings up to 12,800.
- This compact and pocket-sized camera is a must-have for everyday use for the advanced amateur.
- A bright f/2.0 lens, great for shooting in low light conditions or using a shallow depth-of-field for great images with beautiful soft backgrounds.
- A customizable control ring for easy access and operation of manual or other creative shooting settings.
- A Wide-angle 3.8x Optical Zoom (equivalent to 28 - 105mm) with Canon's Optical Image Stabilizer.
- Full range of shooting and recording modes including RAW + JPEG for the ultimate creative control.
- Large 3.0-inch PureColor System LCD for even greater true-to-life color reproduction.
- PowerShot S90 Body
- NB-6L Battery Pack
- Neck Strap WS-DC9
- Digital Camera Solution CD-ROM
- USB Interface Cable IFC-400PCU
- AV Cable AVC-DC400
- Type of Camera
- Compact digital still camera with built-in flash, 3.8x Optical/4x Digital (not w/RAW or Widescreen)/15x Combined Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer System
- Image Capture Device
- Type: 10.0 Megapixel, 1/1.7-inch type Charge Coupled Device (CCD)
- Total Pixels: Approx. 10.4 Megapixels
- Effective Pixels: Approx. 10.0 Megapixels
- Focal Length 6.0 (W)-22.5mm (T) f/2.0-4.9 (35mm equivalent: 28-105mm)
- Digital Zoom 4x
- Focusing Range
- Auto: 2.0 in./5cm-infinity (W), 12 in./30 cm-infinity (T)
- Normal: 1.6 ft.-infinity/50cm-infinity
- Macro: 2.0 in.-1.6 ft./5-50cm (W)
- Autofocus System TTL Autofocus
- Viewfinder & Monitor
- LCD Monitor: 3.0-inch TFT color with wide viewing angle
- LCD Pixels: Approx. 461,000 pixels
- LCD Coverage: 100%
- Aperture & Shutter
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.0 (W) - f/4.9 (T)
- Shutter Speed: 15-1/1600 sec. (settable in Tv and M)
- Exposure Control
- Auto, ISO 80/100/125/160/200/250/320/400/500/640/800/1000/1250/1600/2000/2500/3200 equivalent
(Standard output sensitivity. Recommended exposure index)
- Evaluative*, Center-weighted average, Spot**
*Facial brightness is also evaluated in Face Detect AiAF
** Metering frame is fixed to the center/linked to AF frame
- Exposure Control Method: Program AE, i-Contrast, Manual; AE Lock, Program Shift, Safety Shift, Auto ISO Shift
- Exposure Compensation: +/-2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- White Balance
- White Balance Control: Auto*, Preset (Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Flash, Underwater), Custom
*The colors of faces are evaluated in AiAF
- Built-in Flash: Auto, Auto w/ Red-eye Reduction, Flash On, Flash On w/ Red-eye Reduction, Flash Off; FE lock, Safety FE, Slow Synchro
- Flash Range: 1.6-21 ft./50cm-6.5m (W), 1.6-8.2 ft./50cm-2.5m (T) (when sensitivity is set to ISO Auto)
- Recycling Time: 10 sec. or less (battery voltage=3.7V)
- Flash Exposure Compensation: +/-2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- Shooting Specifications
- Shooting Modes: Auto, P, Av, Tv, M, C, Portrait, Landscape, Special Scene (Foliage, Snow, Beach, Sunset, Fireworks, Aquarium, Night Scene, Indoor, Color Accent, Color Swap, Kids & Pets, Underwater, Nostalgic), Night Snapshot, Stitch Assist, Low Light, Movie
- Photo Effects: My Colors
My Colors Off, Vivid, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid Red, Neutral, Sepia, Black & White, Positive Film, Lighter Skin Tone, Darker Skin Tone, Custom
- Self-Timer: Activates shutter after an approx. 2-sec./10-sec. delay, Face Detection Self-timer, Custom
- Wireless Control: Not available
- Continuous Shooting: Normal: approx. 0.9 fps; AF: approx. 0.6 fps; LV: approx. 0.6 (Low Light: 2.1 fps)
- Image Storage
- Storage Media: SD/SDHC Memory Card, MultiMediaCard, MMCplus card, HC MMCplus card
- File Format: Design rule for Camera File system, DPOF (Version 1.1) compliant
- Image Compression: Normal, Fine
- JPEG Compression Mode:
- Still Image: Exif 2.2 (JPEG)
- Movie: MOV (Image: H.264; Audio: Linear PCM (Stereo))
- Number of Recording Pixels:
- Still Image: 3,648 x 2,736 (Large), 2,816 x 2,112 (Medium 1), 2,272 x 1,704 (Medium 2), 1,600 x 1,200 (Medium 3), 640 x 480 (Small), 3,648 x 2,048 (Widescreen), 3,648 x 2,736 (RAW), 1,824 x 1,368 (Low Light)
- Playback Specifications
- Playback Modes
- Still Image: Single, Magnification (approx. 2x-10x), Jump, Auto Rotate, Rotate, Resume, My Category, Transition Effects, Histogram, Index (4-130 thumbnails), Over Exposure Warning, Slide Show, Red-eye Correction, Trimming, Resize, Image Inspection Tool, i-Contrast; Movie: Normal Playback, Special Playback, Editing, Auto Rotate, Resume
- Erasing Specifications
- Erase Modes
- Still Image: single image, all images
- Movie: part of movie, all of movie
- Computer Interface: USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (mini-B jack)
- Video Out: NTSC/PAL
- Audio Out: Monaural
- Other: Memory card slot; direct connection to Canon and SELPHY Compact Photo Printers, PIXMA Photo Printers and PictBridge-compatible printers via camera's USB 2.0 Hi-Speed cable
- Power Supply
- Power Source
- Rechargeable Battery Pack NB-6L
- Compact Power Adapter CA-DC10 (optional)
- Shooting Capacity Still Image: approx. 220 shots*
- Playback Time Approx. 300 min. *LCD screen on. The above figures comply with CIPA testing standards and apply when fully-charged batteries are used.
- Physical Specifications
- Operating Temperature 32–104°F/0–40°C
- Operating Humidity 10–90%
- Width: 3.94"
- Height: 2.30"
- Depth: 1.22"
- Unit(camera body only): 0.4 lbs
- Shipping: 2 lbs
- Manufacturers Warranty(authorized online retailer): One Year parts and labor