Canon EOS 7D Black 18 Megapixel Digital SLR Camera Body - EOS7DBODY
A Whole New Class of EOS.
With a host of brand new features designed to enhance every facet of the photographic process, from still images to video, the new EOS 7D represents a whole new class of camera.
Made to be the tool of choice for serious photographers and semi-professionals, the EOS 7D features an all-new 18.0 Megapixel APS-C size CMOS sensor and Dual DIGIC 4 Image Processors, capturing tremendous images at up to ISO 12800 and speeds of up to 8 fps. The EOS 7D has a new all cross-type 19-point AF system with improved AI Servo AF subject tracking and user-selectable AF area selection modes for sharp focus no matter the situation. The EOS 7D's Intelligent Viewfinder, an entirely newly-designed technology, provides 100% coverage and displays user-selected AF modes as well as a spot metering circle and on demand grid lines. New iFCL Metering with 63-zone dual-layer metering system uses both focus and color information to provide accurate exposure even in difficult lighting. The EOS 7D also captures Full HD video at 30p (29.97 fps), 24p (23.976 fps) and 25p with an array of manual controls, including manual exposure during movie shooting and ISO speed selection. The EOS 7D features a magnesium alloy body that is dust- and weather-resistant and shutter durability of up to 150,000 cycles. Compatible with over 60 EF and EF-S lenses as well as with EOS System accessories, the creative opportunities - not just with stills but also with video - are beyond amazement.
- 18.0 Megapixel CMOS Sensor and Dual DIGIC 4 Image Processors for high image quality and speed.
- ISO 100-6400 (expandable to 12,800) for shooting from bright to dim light.
- 8.0 fps continuous shooting up to 126 Large/JPEGs with UDMA CF card and 15 RAW.
- Advanced movie mode with manual exposure control and selectable frame rates: 1920 x 1080 (Full HD): 30p (29.97) / 24p (23.976) / 25p, 1280 x 720 (HD): 60p (59.94) / 50p, 640 x 480 (SD): 60p (59.94) / 50p.
- Intelligent Viewfinder with 100% field of view, wide viewing angle of 29.4°, high magnification of 1.0, intelligent viewfinder with glass pentaprism and an overlaid LCD display in viewfinder supports various shooting styles.
- New 19-point, all cross-type AF system equipped with dual diagonal cross-type sensors in center at f/2.8 and f/5.6 and AF area selection modes to match various shooting situations.
- iFCL Metering with 63 zone dual-layer metering sensor that utilizes AF and color information for optimizing exposure and image quality.
- Magnesium body with shutter durability up to 150,000 cycles and exclusive dust and weather resistance.
- EOS 7D Digital SLR Body
- Eyecup Eg
- Wide Neck Strap EW-EOS7D
- Stereo AV Cable AVC-DC400ST
- USB Interface Cable IFC-200U
- Battery Pack LP-E6
- Battery Charger LC-E6
- "Great Photography is Easy" Booklet and "Do More with Macro" Booklet
- EOS Digital Solution Disk
- Software Instruction Manual
- Type: Digital, AF/AE single-lens reflex camera with built-in flash
- Recording Media: CF Card Type I and II, UDMA-compliant CF cards, via external media (USB v.2.0 hard drive, via optional Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E5A)
- Image Sensor Size: 22.3 x 14.9 mm (APS-C size)
- Compatible Lenses: Canon EF lenses including EF-S lenses (35mm-equivalent focal length is approx. 1.6x the lens focal length)
- Lens Mount: Canon EF mount
- Type: High-sensitivity, high-resolution, large single-plate CMOS sensor
- Pixels: Effective pixels: Approx. 18.0 megapixels
- Total Pixels: Approx. 19.0 megapixels
- Aspect Ratio: 3:2 (Horizontal: Vertical)
- Color Filter System: RGB primary color filters
- Low-pass Filter: Fixed position in front of the CMOS sensor
- Dust Deletion feature:
- (1) Automatic Sensor Cleaning
- Removes dust adhering to the low-pass filter.
- Self-cleaning executed automatically (taking 2 sec.) when power is turned on or off. Manual execution also possible (taking 6 sec.).
- Low-pass filter has a fluorine coating.
- (2) Dust Delete Data appended to the captured image
- The coordinates of the dust adhering to the low-pass filter are detected by a test shot and appended to subsequent images.
- The dust coordinate data appended to the image is used by the provided software to automatically erase the dust spots.
- (3) Manual cleaning of sensor
- Recording Format: Design rule for Camera File System 2.0 and Exif 2.21
- Image Type:
- Still: JPEG, RAW (14-bit, Canon original), sRAW, mRAW, RAW+JPEG
- Video: MOV (Image data: H.264, Audio: Linear PCM)
- File Size:
- (1) Large: Approx. 17.90 Megapixels (5,184 x 3,456)
- (2) Medium: Approx. 8.00 Megapixels (3,456 x 2,304)
- (3) Small: Approx. 4.50 Megapixels (2,592 x 1,728)
- (4) RAW: Approx. 17.90 Megapixels (5,184 x 3,456)
- (5) M-RAW: Approx. 10.10 Megapixels (3,888 x 2,592)
- (6) S-RAW: Approx. 4.50 Megapixels (2,592 x 1,728)
- Exact file sizes depend on the subject, ISO speed, Picture Style, etc.
- Recording Functions: Images record directly to the CF card. With the WFT-E5A attached, image recording to the CF card and to the USB external media connected to the WFT-E5A will be possible as follows:
- (1) Standard
- No automatic switching of recording media.
- (2) Automatic switching of recording media
- When the current recording media becomes full, it switches to another recording media automatically and continues recording.
- (3) Separate recording
- Each recording media can be set to record a specific image-recording quality for each shot.
- (4) Recording of identical images
- Images can also be recorded at the same size to both recording media. (RAW+JPEG, M RAW+JPEG or S RAW+JPEG is possible).
- (5) Backup to external recording media
- Selected images, all images, and quick backup are possible.
- Backup Recording: Enabled with WFT-E5A attached
- File Numbering:
- Consecutive numbering, auto reset, manual reset.
- Possible to create new folders and select folders in the CF card.
- Color Space: sRGB, Adobe RGB
- Picture Style: Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, User Defined 1-3
- Type: Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten Light, White Fluorescent Light, Flash, Custom, Color Temperature setting
- Auto White Balance: Auto white balance with the image sensor
- Color Temperature Compensation:
- White balance correction: ±9 mireds in 5 step increments
- White balance bracketing: ±3 mireds in full-step increments
- Blue/amber direction or magenta/green direction possible
- Color Temperature Information Transmission: Provided
- Type: Eye-level pentaprism
- Coverage: Vertical/Horizontal approx. 100%
- Magnification: Approx. 1.0x (-1m-1 with 50mm lens at infinity)/29.4° angle of view
- Eyepoint: Approx. 22mm (from eyepiece lens center)
- Built-in Dioptric Adjustment: -3.0 to +1.0m-1 (diopter)
- Focusing Screen: Fixed
- Mirror: Quick-return half mirror (transmission: reflection ratio of 40:60) with EF600mm f/4L IS USM or shorter lenses)
- Viewfinder Information: AF information (AF points, focus confirmation light), Exposure information (Shutter speed, aperture, ISO speed, AE lock, exposure level, spot metering circle, exposure warning), Flash information (Flash-ready, flash exposure compensation, high-speed sync, FE lock, red-eye reduction light), Image information (Highlight tone priority, Monochrome shooting, maximum burst, white balance correction, CF card information), Composition information (Grid, electronic level), Battery check
- Depth-of-Field Preview: Enabled with depth-of-field preview button
- Type: TTL-CT-SIR AF-dedicated CMOS sensor
- AF Points: 19-point all cross-type AF (f/2.8 at center: Dual Cross Sensor)
- Metering Range: EV -0.5-18 (at 73°F/23°C, ISO 100)
- Focusing Modes:
- (1) Autofocus
- - One-Shot AF
- - Predictive AI Servo AF
- * For automatic AF point selection, the AF point to start the AI Servo AF operation can be selected.
- * For automatic AF point selection, the active AF point can be displayed.
- - AI Focus AF (Switches between One-Shot AF and AI SERVO AF automatically)
- (2) Manual focus (MF)
- AF Point Selection:
- (1) Manual selection: Single point AF
- (2) Manual selection: Spot AF
- (3) Manual selection: AF point expansion
- (4) Manual selection: Zone AF
- (5) Automatic selection: 19 point AF
- Selected AF Point Display: Indicated by transmissive LCD display in the viewfinder and on the LCD panel
- AF-assist Beam: When an external EOS-dedicated Speedlite is attached to the camera, the AF-assist beam from the Speedlite will be emitted when necessary.
- Metering Modes: 63-zone SPC TTL metering with selectable modes
- Evaluative metering (linkable to any AF point)
- Partial metering (approx. 9.4% of viewfinder at center)
- Spot metering (approx. 2.3% of viewfinder at center)
- Center-weighted average metering
- Metering Range: EV 1-20 (at 73°F/23°C with EF50mm f/1.4 USM lens, ISO 100)
- Exposure Control: Program AE (Shiftable), Shutter-priority AE, Aperture-priority AE, Creative Auto, Full auto, Manual exposure, E-TTL II autoflash program AE
- ISO Speed (Recommended Exposure Index):
- Automatically set, ISO 100-6400 (in 1/3-stop or 1-stop increments)
- Basic Zone modes: ISO 100-3200 set automatically
- Extension settable (with C.Fn.I 3-1): ISO 12800
- High Tone Priority settable: ISO 200-6400
- Exposure Compensation: Manual: ±5 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments (AEB ±3 stops)
- * Indicated up to ±3 stops on the LCD panel and in the viewfinder.
- AE Lock
- Auto: Applied in One-Shot AF mode with evaluative metering when focus is achieved
- Manual: By AE lock button
- Type: Vertical-travel, mechanical, Electronically-controlled, focal-plane shutter
- Shutter Speeds:
- 1/8000 to 1/60 sec., X-sync at 1/250 sec.
- 1/8000 to 30 sec., bulb (Total shutter speed range. Available range varies by shooting mode)
- Shutter Release: Soft-touch electromagnetic release
- Self-timer: 10-sec. or 2-sec. delay
- Type: Retractable, auto pop-up flash
- Flash Metering: E-TTL II autoflash
- Guide Number: 12/39 (ISO 100, in meters/feet)
- Recycling Time: Approx. 3 sec.
- Flash-ready Indicator: Flash-ready icon lights in viewfinder
- Flash Coverage: 15mm lens angle of view (equivalent to approx. 24mm in 135 format)
- FE Lock: Provided
- Flash Exposure Compensation: ±3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
- Zooming to Match Focal Length: Provided
- Compatible Flash: EX-series Speedlites
- Flash Metering: E-TTL II autoflash
- Flash Exposure Compensation: ±3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
- FE Lock: Provided
- External Flash Settings: Flash function settings, Flash C.Fn settings
- PC Terminal: Provided
- Drive Modes: Single, High-speed continuous, Low-speed continuous, and Self-timer (10 sec. self-timer/remote control, or 2-sec. self-timer/remote control)
- Continuous Shooting Speed:
- High-speed: Max. 8.0 shots/sec.
- Low-speed: Max. 3.0 shots/sec.
- Maximum Burst:
- JPEG (Large/Fine): approx. 94 (CF)/approx. 126 (UDMA CF)
- RAW: approx. 15/approx. 15 (UDMA CF)
- RAW+JPEG (Large/Fine): approx. 6 (CF/UDMA CF)
- Based on Canon's testing standards with a 2GB CF card, high-speed continuous shooting, ISO 100 and Standard Picture Style.
- Varies depending on the subject, CF card brand, image-recording quality, ISO speed, drive mode, Picture Style, etc.
Live View Functions
- Shooting Modes: Still photo shooting and video shooting
- Quick mode (Phase-difference detection)
- Live mode/Face detection Live mode (Contrast detection)
- Face detection Live mode
- Manual focusing (5x/10x magnification possible)
- Metering Modes:
- Evaluative metering with the image sensor (still photos)
- Center-weighted average metering (video)
- Metering Range: EV 1-20 (at 73°F/23°C with EF 50mm f/1.4 USM lens, ISO 100)
- Grid Display: Provided (Two-type grid displays)
- Exposure Simulation: Provided
- Silent Shooting: Provided (Mode 1 and 2)
- Type: TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor
- Monitor Size: 3.0 in.
- Dots: Approx. 920,000 dots (VGA)
- Approx. 100%
- Viewing angle: 170°
- Brightness Adjustment: Auto: Brightness adjusted automatically by the light sensor, Manual: 7 levels provided
- Interface Languages: 25 (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Ukraine, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, Japanese)
- Display Format: Single image, Single image + Image-recording quality/shooting information, histogram, 4- or 9-image index, magnified view (approx. 1.5x-10x), rotated image (auto/manual), image jump (by 10/100 images, index screen, by shooting date, by folder), slide show (all images/selected by date/folder)
- Highlight Warning: Provided (Overexposed highlights blink)
Image Protection and Erase
- Protect: Single images can be erase-protected or not
- Erase: Single image, check-marked images or all images in the CF card can be erased (except protected images)
- Compatible Printers: PictBridge-compatible printers
- Printable Images:
- JPEG images compliant to Design rule for Camera File System (DPOF printing possible) and
- RAW/sRAW images captured with the EOS 7D
- Easy Print feature: Provided
DPOF: Digital Print Order Format
- DPOF: Version 1.1 compatible
Direct Image Transfer
- Compatible Images: JPEG and RAW images
- *Only JPEG images can be transferred as wallpaper on the personal computer screen
- Custom Functions: Total 27
- Camera User Settings: Register under Mode Dial's C1, C2 and C3 positions
- My Menu Registration: Provided
- USB Terminal: For personal computer communication and direct printing (USB 2.0 Hi-Speed)
- Video Out Terminal:
- (1) Video OUT terminal: NTSC/PAL selectable
- (2) mini-HDMI OUT terminal
- Extension System Terminal: For connection to WFT-E5A
- One Battery Pack LP-E6
- AC power can be supplied via AC Adapter Kit ACK-E6
- With Battery Grip BG-E7 attached.
- Number of Shots:
|AE 100%||AE 50%, FA 50%|
|At 73° F/23° C||approx. 1000 ||approx. 800|
|At 32° F/0° C||approx. 900||approx. 750|
|Live View shooting at 73°F/23°C||approx. 230|| approx. 220|
|Live View shooting at 32°F/0°C||approx. 220|| approx. 210|
- Battery Life:
- The above figures apply with a fully-charged Battery Pack LP-E6 without a Battery Grip
- The figures above are based on CIPA (Camera & Imaging Products Association) testing standards
- Battery Check: Auto
- Power Saving: Provided. Power turns off after 1, 2, 4, 8, 15 or 30 min.
- Date/Time Battery: One CR1616 lithium-ion battery
- Start-up Time: Approx. 0.1 sec. (based on CIPA testing standards)
- Working Temperature Range: 32-104°F/0-40°C
- Working Humidity Range: 85% or less
- Height: 4.4"
- Width: 5.8"
- Depth: 2.9"
- Unit(body only): 1.81 lbs
- Shipping: 3 lbs
- Manufacturers Warranty(authorized online retailer): One Year Parts and Labor