Sony 46" BRAVIA XBR10 Series Black LCD Flat Panel HDTV, Model KDL46XBR10
Sony breaks new ground with the Sony® BRAVIA® XBR10-Series Edge Lit LED-based HDTV. Redefining thin, this LCD HDTV features an over 1,000,000 to 1 dynamic contrast level so you can experience exceptional black detail and brilliant whites. And with Motionflow 240Hz technology youll experience unbelievable motion detail and clarity. Internet connectivity allows you to stream thousands of movies, videos, music and more from a wide variety of leading partners like Netflix, YouTube and Slacker.
Say Goodbye to Component Clutter
Thanks to the supplied BRAVIA 1080p Wireless media box, you can place your XBR10 on the wall and keep your video components where they belongout of sight. The media box allows you to wirelessly transmit high-definition 1080p quality video and audio to the TV, so you can keep your components inside a cabinet and still control them with ease.
Flat Panel, Redefined
Featuring an Edge Lit LED backlight, the BRAVIA XBR10 is the thinnest HD television Sony has yet to produce. Designed to deliver unbelievable blacks and brilliant whites, this HDTV also boasts an unbelievably slim form factor and an amazing 1,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio which will leave you wondering if the view is nicer with the TV on or off.
Watch Fast Action at Full Speed
Your fast-paced movies, sports and games have never looked clearer thanks to Motionflow 240Hz refresh rate. Our most advanced motion processing technology to date delivers an unbelievably smooth, crisp and fluid picture.
Enjoy free, premium on-demand entertainment directly to your HDTV. Using your in-home broadband connection and BRAVIA HDTV remote control, you can access online content from an ever-growing list of leading providers including Netflix (coming in Fall 2009), Slacker® Radio, YouTube, Sports Illustrated, Sony Pictures, Sony Music and Epicurious.com.
Personalize Your Viewing Experience
Stay in touch with the world and access the latest news, weather, sports, entertainment and more at the touch of a button with BRAVIA Internet Widgets. These small application widgets are located on TV's display and can be positioned to your liking.
Incredible Full HD Picture Quality
From the moment you turn on this XBR10, you'll notice a sharper, more vibrant picture. With BRAVIA Engine 3 fully digital video processor, this TV produces breathtaking picture quality with reduced visual noise, enhanced color and overall image detail even on 1080p sources such as PlayStation®3 systems and Blu-ray Disc players.
16:9 Full HD 1080p Resolution Panel (1920x1080) : 16:9 Full HD 1080p resolution panel (1920x1080) accepts any high definition video signal and renders it with optimum resolution, so you can take full advantage of Blu-ray Disc players and Sony® PlayStation®3 entertainment systems that can deliver 1080p content.
Edge Lit LED backlight : Allows for a sleek and slender form factor, and creates an amazing, pver 1,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio.
Bravia 1080 Wireless : Separate Monitor and Media Box allow for line of sight transmission of HD quality video and audio, so you can keep your components inside a cabinet or other storage area, and control them with ease. Now you can enjoy the beauty of your edge-lit LCD without the clutter of home video components in the picture. 6
Motionflow 240Hz technology : Motionflow 240Hz technology is Sonys highest level of motion detail and clarity so you enjoy unprecedented motion detail in sports, movies and games. Motionflow 240Hz technology quadruples the frame rate from the normal 60Hz, resulting in a crisp fluid motion and a natural, realistic viewing experience.
BRAVIA Internet Video : With BRAVIA Internet Video you can enjoy select premium and free on-demand entertainment directly to your HDTV. Use your in-home broadband connection and the BRAVIA HDTV remote control to access online video, music, and more content from over 20 providers including Amazon Video On Demand, YouTube, Sports Illustrated, Sony Pictures, Sony Music, Slacker and Epicurious.com.4
BRAVIA® Internet Widgets : Personalize your viewing experience by selecting, positioning, and resizing widgets on your BRAVIA HDTV display. BRAVIA Internet Widgets are small applications that can be accessed with the touch of one button providing you with the latest in news, weather, stock info, and much more on your BRAVIA XBR10-Series.8
BRAVIA Engine 3 fully digital video processor : BRAVIA Engine 3 is the newest fully digital video processor from Sony. It uses a collection of enhanced algorithms to significantly reduce noise, enhance overall image detail, and optimize contrast so every scene produces sharp, vibrant, life-like images.
USB with photos, music, and video : Connect your compatible camera, USB-enabled MP3 player, or USB storage device directly to the HDTV's USB input to view photos on the big screen or listen to music. BRAVIA® XBR10-Series HDTVs also include MPEG2 video file support, so you can go straight from shooting video to screening it over USB.
DLNA® support for photos, music, and video : Compliance with DLNA® (Digital Living Network Alliance) allows BRAVIA® XBR10-Series HDTVs to access digital photos, music, and video from DLNA-enabled PCs and other devices, so you can enjoy your memories with friends and family in the comfort of your living room instead of crowding around a PC.
Networked TV Guide® Interactive Program Guide : Sony has integrated the TV Guide Interactive Program Guide5 into the exclusive xross media bar user interface to deliver regularly updated program listings via your existing internet connection. ⊃
HD input x 7 : Get versatile HD connection options with seven HD inputs. Four HDMI inputs (up to 1080/60p capable) let you connect a Sony® PlayStation®3 entertainment system, Blu-ray Disc player or any other HDMI-capable equipment and get uncompressed digital video and multi-channel digital audio on a single cable per device.9 An HD combo input, which includes HD component and composite inputs,(1080/60i capable) provide added HD-capable connectivity, and a PC input (HD-15 pin) offers the added versatility of using your HDTV as a computer monitor. ³
xross media bar menu navigation : The award-winning Sony® xross media bar user interface allows you easily navigate through your favorite photos, music, channels, and connected devices.
Favorites Menu function : The Favorites Menu function makes it easy to quickly access your favorite channels and frequently used video inputs.
BRAVIA® Sync capable : BRAVIA Sync capability combines the one-touch access and control functionality of BRAVIA Theatre Sync with the ability to control HDMI CEC-enabled Sony® Handycam® camcorders and Cybershot® digital still cameras using the TV's remote and an on-screen display. ²
Scene Select lets you easily manage your settings : Scene Select makes choosing the appropriate settings for the best HDTV experience easier than ever. Scene Select packages different picture and audio settings based on the type of content you want to view. For example, the "Sports" package configures the perfect picture and audio settings to make you feel like you're right in the stadium. Other packages include "Cinema," "Photo," "Game," and "Music."
ATSC/NTSC tuner with QAM : A built-in ATSC/NTSC tuner with QAM delivers over-the-air digital TV and unencrypted HDTV broadcast signals, as well as traditional analog TV broadcasts.
Exceeds Energy Star 3.0 Guidelines : Sony® XBR-series HDTVs exceed Energy Star 3.0 guidelines for energy efficiency. In addition, they incorporate advanced power saving features such as Light Sensor® technology that adjusts backlight intensity based on ambient room lighting conditions and Dynamic Backlight Control that adjusts backlight intensity based on the brightness of the image on the screen.
- Audio Power Output : 20W (10W x2)
- Speaker Configuration : Invisible Speaker Box + Tweeter
- Speakers (Total) : 4
- 5.1 Channel Audio Out : Yes
- 5.1ch Through Out (Handycam) : Yes
- Alternate Audio (Digital) : Yes
- Audio Out : Variable/Fixed
- Auto Mute (on no signal) : Yes
- Auto SAP : Yes
- Digital Amplifier : Standard
- Dolby® : Dolby® Digital
- Sony Original Surround : S-Force
- Sound Booster : Yes
- Sound Mode : Dynamic, Standard, Clear Voice, Custom
- SteadySound® Automatic Volume Control : Yes
- Stereo System : MTS
- Surround Effect : Sports, Music, Cinema, Game
- Voice Zoom : Yes
- Auto Photo Mode : Yes (DLNA, USB)
- Auto Picture Setting w/ HDMI : Game, Graphics, Photo, Cinema
- BRAVIA® Sync : Yes
- BRAVIA® Sync Menu Button : Yes (on Remote Control)
- Channel Block (with password) : Yes
- Channel Jump : Yes
- Channel Labels : Yes
- Channel Surf : Yes
- Control for HDMI (HDMI CEC) : Yes
- Edit Channel Labels : Yes
- Favorite Channel : Yes
- Favorites Menu : Graphic
- ID-1 Detection : Yes
- Info Banner : TV Guide on Screen, PSIP, XDS
- Input Skip : Automatic
- Internet Radio : Yes
- Label Inputs : Yes
- Multiple Language Display : English, French, Spanish
- New Theatre Mode with surround : Yes
- On-Screen Clock : Yes
- On-Screen Display for External Input : Yes
- On-Screen Operating Instructions : Yes
- On/Off Timer : Yes
- Parental Control : Yes
- Picture Adjustments Lock : Yes
- Program Block : Yes
- Scene Select : Cinema, Sports, Photo, Music, Game, Graphics, General, Auto
- Show/Hide Channels : Yes
- Sleep Timer : Yes
- Start Up BRAVIA® Logo Display : Yes
- TV Guide On-Screen : Yes(Gemstar ver.10)
- Theatre Mode (Theatre Button) : Yes
- Theatre Mode with Cinema Surround : Yes
- USB Application(s) : Music Player (mp3), Photo Viewer (jpeg), Video Player (mpeg2 TS)
- White Balance : RGB Gain/Bias
- Aspect Ratio : 16:9
- Color Range (u'v') : 92%
- Color Range (xy) : 75%
- Display Resolution : 1920 x 1080p (Full HD)
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio : Over 1,000,000:1
- On-Screen Contrast Ratio : 4000:1
- Panel Bit : 10-bit
- Screen Size (measured diagonally) : 46"
- Viewing Angle (Right/Left) : 178° (89/89)
- Viewing Angle (Up/Down) : 178° (89/89)
- Backlight Type : White LED
- Display Device : LCD
Energy Saving & Efficiency
- Backlight Off Mode : Yes
- Dynamic Backlight Control : Yes
- Eco Settings : Yes
- Energy Star® compliant : Meets Energy Star® Version 3.0
- Estimated Annual Energy Consumption (kWh) : 383kWh
- Idle TV Standby : Yes
- LightSensor Technology : Yes
- PC Power Management : Yes
- Power Consumption (On Mode) for Energy Star : 207.1Wh
- Power Consumption (Standby Mode) for Energy Star : 0.75W
- Power Saving Modes : Yes
- Television Type : Flat Panel LCD HDTV
- Closed Captions (CC) : Analog, Digital
- Demo Mode : Yes
- Finish (Surface Color) : Black
- On-Screen Display : 3D XMB
- Touch Sensor : Yes(Monitor)
Inputs and Outputs
- AC Power Input : 2 (Rear: Monitor & Media Box)
- Analog Audio Input(s) (Total) : 5 (Media Box)
- Analog Audio Input(s) for HDMI : 1 (Rear) (Media Box)
- Audio Out : 1 (Rear) (Media Box)
- Component Video (Y/Pb/Pr) Input(s) : 2:Rear (1 common terminal w/composite) (Media Box)
- Composite Video Input(s) : 2 (1:Front, 1:Rear common terminal w/compornent) (Media Box)
- Digital Audio Output(s) : Optical Digital Output - 1 (Rear) (Media Box)
- Ethernet Connection(s) : 1 (Rear) (Media Box)
- HDMI Connection(s) (Total) : 4 (1 Front/3 Rear) (Media Box)
- HDMI PC Input : Yes (Media Box)
- PC In (D-Sub) + Audio In (Stereo Mini) : 1 (Rear) see owner's manual for supported timings (Media Box)
- RF Connection Input(s) : 1 (Rear) (Media Box)
- RS-232C Input(s) : Yes (Media Box)
- USB 1.1 : 2 (Media Box Rear) for Service only, (Monitor Rear) for Service only
- USB 2.0 : 1 (Front) (Media Box)
- HD Indicator : Yes(Monitor:Amber)
- BRAVIA® Internet Video : Yes
- BRAVIA® Internet Widgets : Yes
- DLNA : Client (Photo), Client (Music), Client (Video), Renderer (Photo), Renderer (Music), Renderer (Video)
- Power Consumption (in Operation) max. : 228W (Media Box & Monitor)
- Power Consumption (in Standby) : 0.75W (Media Box & Monitor)
- Power Requirements (frequency) : 60Hz
- Power Requirements (voltage) : AC 120
Recycled & Recyclable Materials
- Packaging Materials : Recycled Cardboard
- Printed Materials : Recycled Paper
- Product Materials : Recycled Plastic
Regulation and Standard Compliance
- VESA® Hole Spacing Compatible : Yes
Service and Warranty Information
- Limited Warranty Term : 18 Months Labor / 18 Months Parts
- Online Instruction Manual (Reference Book) : Yes
- Channel Coverage : VHF: 2-13 UHF: 14-69 CATV (analog): 1-135 CATV (digital) : 1-135
- Color System : NTSC 3.58
- Number of Tuners (Analog) : 1
- Number of Tuners (Digital) : 1(Hybrid)
- TV System (Analog) : M
- TV System (Digital) : ATSC
- Tuner (Cable) : Clear QAM
- Tuner (Terrestrial) : ATSC Tuner, NTSC Tuner
- Video Signal : 480/60i, 480/60p, 720/60p, 1080/60i, 1080/60p (HDMI / Component), 1080/24p (HDMI only)
- 24p True Cinema Technology : Yes
- 3D Comb Filter : Yes
- 4:3 Default : Yes
- Advanced Contrast Enhancer (ACE) : Yes
- Auto Wide : Yes
- CineMotion® Reverse 3:2 Pulldown Technology : Yes
- Deep Color : Yes
- Game Mode : Yes
- MPEG Noise Reduction : Yes
- Motionflow Technology : 240Hz
- PhotoTV HD : Yes (HDMI / Component)
- Picture Mode : Vivid, Standard, Custom, Cinema, Sports, Game, Graphics, Photo-Vivid, Photo-Standard, Photo-Original, Photo-Custom
- Video Processing : BRAVIA Engine 3 Technology
- Wide Mode : Wide Zoom, Normal, Full (Full1-2 for PC), H Stretch, Zoom
- Remote Control (RM-YD029)
- Batteries (Type AA x2)
- AC Power Cord (Separate)
- Screws (Screws for Stand)
- Operating Instructions
- Quick Setup Guide
- Warranty Card
- Table Top Stand (Separate, Assembly Required)
- With Pedestal
- Height: 30"
- Width: 44-3/4"
- Depth: 12-5/8"
- Without Pedestal
- Height: 25-7/8"
- Width: 43-1/8"
- Depth: 1-7/16"
- With Pedestal: 52.5 lbs
- Without Pedestal: 50 lbs
- Shipping: 65 lbs
- Manufacturers Warranty (Authorized Online Retailer):
- Limited Warranty Term : 18 Months Labor / 18 Months Parts
- Extended Service Warranty Available: Click the warranty tab above for details.
- Video quality and picture size will vary depending on your broadband connection speed (we recommend at least 2.5Mbps and 10Mbps for HD content) and the content itself. Select content provided and subject to change. Premium content may require additional fees and/or PC registration.
- Works with other BRAVIA® Sync or Theatre Sync labeled home audio/video products when connected via HDMI.
- High definition viewing is limited to resolutions supported by both the PC and the Sony TV. See Sony TV user's manual and PC documentation for the supported resolutions.
- See product specifications for power consumption details.
- Distance will vary depending upon environmental conditions
- Latency is 3ms, which is well below human perception. Maximum range is 10 meters, and depends on environment.
- A home network and DLNA compliant PC or server are required
- Availability may vary by geographic area.
- HDMI cables required (sold separately).