JL Audio Black Ford F-150 Subwoofer Stealthbox - 94027
If you're like most people, you spend more time listening to music in your car than any other place. Too bad most car stereos have weak sound quality, especially in the bass department.
Adding a subwoofer is the single, most significant improvement you can make to a car audio system. Not only do you get the benefit of the subwoofer's superior bass performance, but with proper system design you also relieve the small front and rear speakers in your car from the burden of reproducing bass. This makes them sound better, cleaner and louder.
The only problem with subwoofers in the car is that they typically take up a lot of room, which can be a big problem if you want to keep your vehicle's comfort and utility intact. JL Audio's Stealthbox® subwoofer systems solve this problem once and for all, while delivering a level of sub-bass performance that is way ahead of the curve. And, as the name implies, no one will ever know it's there.
Our engineers begin the Stealthbox® design process by studying the acoustics of the target vehicle and evaluating potential Stealthbox® locations. Extensive testing takes place with the goal of maximizing performance while minimizing loss of vehicle utility and comfort. Then we choose from our vast arsenal of acclaimed subwoofer components and our rather extensive bag of loading techniques to produce the best possible subwoofer response for each and every Stealthbox® vehicle. Prototypes are evaluated and fine-tuned to further improve sound quality, output, cosmetics and fit. After a month or two (sometimes, three) of intense research, a Stealthbox® is ready for production.
The result is a product that embodies JL Audio's passion for car audio by exceeding the conventional limits of system design... Delivering performance so good that Truckin' magazine declared: “You never would think that a single 10-inch woofer... in a box made to blend in with the interior, could produce as much bass as a system with several 12-inch subwoofers...”
So, check the search feature above to see if your car, truck or SUV is ready for the world's best engineered subwoofer system.
If your F-150 is equipped with a console and bucket seats with integral fold-down armrests, this clever Stealthbox® design was made for you. The compact Stealthbox® unit installs inside the factory console shell for a complete factory appearance and stunning "up-front" bass presence.
- Compatible With Ford F-150 (short console) '97-Early '01 Standard or SuperCab with bucket seats and folding armrests attached to seat backs. Also fits SuperCab "Harley-Davidson" edition '00
- Contains one 10W3v2-D6 in a sealed enclosure.
- 300 watt power handling.
- Wired for 3 ohm mono.
- Stealthbox® installs inside factory center console and fires down into the floor.
- Cupholders are not affected.
- Console storage is reduced.
- Will not fit in trucks with bench seats.
- The factory console is not supplied with the Stealthbox®.
- Will not fit SuperCrew model with expanded console.
- Only fits trucks equipped with bucket seats and armrests attached to seat backs (see in-car photo above).