Sonos White Play:5 Music System, Model PLAY5US1
The ultimate all-in-one listening experience with the richest HiFi sound.
- Stream your entire music library, music services, and radio stations
- Control wirelessly, easy to set up music system
- 5 Driver HiFi Speaker System for room filling sound
- Line-in to connect your favorite music sources.
Original, bigger room, bigger sound wireless speaker
The PLAY:5 uses 5 state-of-the-art digital amplifiers individually coupled with 5 speakers to deliver superior sound to any room. A subwoofer produces powerful bass while two mid-range drivers and two tweeters fill out the sound. The Play:5 is available in both black and white.
- 5 speakers powered by 5 dedicated digital amplifiers
The PLAY:5 uses 5 state-of the-art digital amplifiers individually coupled with 5 speakers to deliver superior sound to any room. The wireless music system provides crystal-clear, high-quality sound that rivals much larger, more complicated systems. A subwoofer produces powerful bass while two mid-range drivers and two tweeters fill out the sound.
- Mid-range drivers
2 dedicated mid-range drivers ensure the faithful reproduction of mid-range frequencies crucial for accurate playback of vocals and instruments.
- Acoustic port
The acoustic port on the rear of the unit serves two purposes – it's vital to the sound output of the PLAY:5 when in use and it's also a convenient handle when moving it from one room to another.
- Class-D amplifiers
State of the art, great sounding amplifiers that are light weight, powerful and very energy efficient in standby and use.
2 tweeters create a crisp and accurate high frequency response.
- Subwoofer driver
Dedicated subwoofer driver provides deep, powerful bass you can feel.
- All-digital sound architecture
From the recording studio to your home the music is reproduced as the artist intended. All filter settings, active equalization, and time-alignment are done in the digital domain through state-of-the-art DSP circuitry so there's absolutely no loss of audio quality or energy.
- Adjustable bass and treble controls
Optimize sound performance using room-specific bass, treble, balance, and loudness controls. Adjust volume by individual room or by groups of rooms
- Pre-loaded Internet radio stations - free of charge
Get over 100,000 free radio stations, shows, and podcasts -- all for free. And you can tune in without turning on your computer. Browse for stations or type in specific call letters or a radio host you love.
- Computer-free music playback
Get instant access to millions of songs and thousands of radio stations — without ripping, downloading or turning on a computer. Sonos connects directly to these services over the Internet and then streams the music to the rooms of your choice.
- Endless music from the most popular online music services
Sonos works seamlessly with Amazon Music, Deezer, iHeartRadio, JB Hi-Fi NOW, JUKE, Pandora, Rdio, Rhapsody, SiriusXM, Slacker Radio, Songza, Spotify, Stitcher SmartRadio, Radio by TuneIn, Concert Vault, WiMP, and downloads from any service offering DRM-free tracks. (Service availability varies by region.)
- Play the music on your computer in any room
Play music stored on up to 16 PCs, Macs or NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices on your home network, supporting the most popular audio formats, from iTunes to MP3.
- Stream music from an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
An analog audio input lets you connect to an external audio source (such as a CD or MP3 player, TV, DVD, VCR, or radio) and play that music or audio on all Sonos players in the system.
- Easy Internet connectivity for other products in your house
The PLAY:5 has a two-port Ethernet switch to bring standard Internet connectivity to your set-top box, DVR, PC, game console or NAS drive.
- Top-panel play/pause controls
Provides quick access to music, volume and play/pause controls when you don't have a controller in hand. Press the mute button once to start or stop the music and twice to skip to the next track.
- Rubber bottom
Place the PLAY:5 on any kind of surface in your home without fear of scratches or scrapes.
- Control all your music and rooms with your Android device, iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
Free Sonos Controller apps for Android, iPhone and iPad let you control your Sonos players, music on the Internet and your computer right from the palm of your hand. Download the apps for free on the iTunes App Store or Google Play.
- Find and play your favorite songs in an instant
Browse or search for songs and stations, choose the music, and control the volume from anywhere in the home.
- Integrated, multi-room control
If you have multiple music players, you can control what music is playing in every room in your house, from anywhere in your house. Sonos Controllers aren't tied to a specific player, so you can use any Controller to control the music and the volume in all your rooms.
- Wireless connectivity
Android devices, iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad connect to your Sonos system through your home WiFi network.
- Includes Sonos Controller for Mac or PC
Turn any Mac or PC desktop or laptop computer in your home into a Controller. The software is included for free with every Sonos component.
- Built-in wireless capability
The PLAY:5 can go anywhere, delivering music to any room in your house, wirelessly. Players and Controllers establish their own secure wireless mesh network that delivers the extensive range and superior performance you need to get music all over your house.
- SonosNet wireless mesh network technology
Provides whole-house coverage, ensures synchronous music playback, and avoids sources of wireless interference. Incorporating sophisticated MIMO (multiple input, multiple output) technology, SonosNet uses multiple antennas and radios together to boost signal strength and reach remote locations.
- Works with any mix of Sonos components
- Compatible with all previous generations of Sonos players, CONTROL, and BRIDGE
- Listen to the same song in every room, in perfect synchronization
Play the same song in different rooms, simultaneously, without echoes or delays. Add or drop rooms from your rooms grouping and still be in sync.
- Simple setup
No technical or wireless expertise required. Put a PLAY:5 in any room where you want music and connect it to your home WiFi network using the free Sonos Controller App. The Sonos System Setup software provides simple on-screen prompts on any Sonos CONTROL. With the touch of a few buttons, you'll be play music all over the house in minutes.
- Expandable wireless system
Expand your wireless music system room by room. Wirelessly add more PLAY:5s to your house with the press of a single button and enjoy true multi-room music.
- Simple to move
Built-in carrying handle allows you to move the PLAY:5 to the backyard, deck or any other room. Simply pick it up, plug it in, and enjoy the music.
- New features and music services delivered automatically — and for free
The Sonos system keeps getting better over time with new features and music services. Once the Sonos music system has been registered, Sonos will automatically notify you when software updates are available. Simply press one button and your system updates itself.
- Amplifiers: Five Class-D digital amplifiers
- Speakers: Five driver speaker system – two tweeters, two 3" mid-range drivers, and one 3.5" woofer. Each driver of the product is individually powered by a dedicated amplifier.
- Headphone connection: Auto-detecting 3.5 mm headphone connection. The Play:5's integrated speakers mute when headphones are inserted.
- Audio line in: Auto-detecting 3.5mm audio line-in connection
- Stereo Pair setting: Allows you to group two Play:5s in the same room with one Play:5 serving as the left channel and the other as the right channel.
- Audio formats supported: Support for compressed MP3, iTunes Plus, WMA (including purchased Windows Media downloads), AAC (MPEG4), Ogg Vorbis, Audible (format 4), Apple Lossless, Flac (lossless) music files, as well as uncompressed WAV and AIFF files.
Native support for 44.1kHz sample rates. Additional support for 48kHz, 32kHz, 24kHz, 22kHz, 16kHz, 11kHz, and 8kHz sample rates.
- Music services supported: Sonos works seamlessly with most music services, including Pandora, Spotify, Deezer and Soundcloud. For a complete list see http://www.sonos.com/music.
- Apple AirPlay music sources: Connect an Apple AirPlay® music source, such as an Apple AirPort Express® to any Sonos player via line-in. Enjoy songs from your iPhone®, iPad™ or iPod touch® in any or every room of the home.
Connect an Apple AirPort Express® to any Sonos player via line-in and stream songs from your iPhone®, iPad™ or iPod touch® all over your home.
- Operating systems (for stored files): Windows® XP SP3 and higher; Mac OS X v10.6.8 or greater; NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices supporting CIFS
- Internet radio supported: Streaming MP3, WMA
- Album art supported: JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
- Playlists supported: iTunes, Rhapsody, WinAmp, Windows Media Player, and MusicMatch (.m3u, .pls, .wpl)
- Playback modes: Crossfade, shuffle, repeat
- Wireless connectivity: Works on your home WiFi network with any 802.11b/g, 2.4GHz broadcast capable router.
Also works on SonosNet, a secure AES encrypted, peer-to-peer wireless mesh network dedicated exclusively for your Sonos system to reduce WiFi interference
- Network bridging: 2-port switch (10/100Mbps, auto MDI/MDIX) allows Ethernet devices to connect through SonosNet
- Power supply: AC 120/240V, 50-60Hz, auto-switchable
- Top-panel buttons: Volume and Mute
- Top-panel lights: Indicates Sonos component status and Mute status
- Operating temperature: 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
- Storage temperature: 4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)
- Multi-language support: Sonos System Software supports : Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish and Brazilian Portuguese.
- Package contents: Sonos PLAY:5, power cord, line-in audio cable, flat Ethernet cable, QuickStart guide with Setup CD
- Height: 8.5"
- Width: 14.4"
- Depth: 4.8"
- Unit: 9.15 lbs
- Shipping: 12 lbs
- Manufacturer's Warranty (authorized online retailer): OneYear Parts and Labor
- * Internet connection required for access to Internet radio stations, online music services and software updates (DSL, cable modem or LAN-based high-speed Internet connection required.) Internet functionality may require payment of separate fee to a service provider; local and/or long distance telephone charges may apply.