Yamaha NeoHD Media Controller Black 2.1 Channel Home Theater System Package - YMCS21BK
Air Surround Xtreme
- Achieves surround sound with clarity and sound imaging unlike any other two-speaker system. You can hear clear dialogue from the front, with distinctly separate surround sounds and smooth movement around the sound field.
- 7.1ch technology: Articulate Sound Source Expressions from Various Directions: ”The AIR SURROUND XTREME has employed a newly developed virtual 7.1ch technology that can independently recreate the surround-channel and surround-back-channel in stereo. The result of it is the clearly and amazingly identifiable sound sources from various directions”.
- Position Mode: Sideways Shift of the Most Effective Listening Point: ”This mode is capable of shifting the most effective listening spot on the row while keeping the sound field of multi-channel program. The amazing ability to shift the best listening point by a mere balance adjustment has enabled to provide an idealistic surround effect, even when listening not exactly in between two speakers”.
- Wide Mode: Widening of Surround Effective Area: ”The “Wide Mode” is for two to three people listening laterally. Our original technology, “multi-points cross talks canceling” process has enabled to create a comfortable surround feeling in much larger area, adding a further value to the AIR SURROUND XTREME for the enjoyment with more than two people”.
Dolby TRUE HD
- Dolby® TrueHD is Dolby’s next-generation lossless technology developed for high-definition disc-based media. Dolby TrueHD delivers tantalizing sound that is bit-for-bit identical to the studio master, unlocking the true high-definition entertainment experience on next-generation discs. When coupled with high-definition video, Dolby TrueHD offers an unprecedented home theater experience that lets you enjoy sound as stunning as the high-definition picture.
DTS Digital Surround
- The basic DTS 5.1 channel sound format. Uses a higher data rate than Dolby Digital.
- HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is the first and only industry-supported, uncompressed, all-digital audio/video interface. With the ability to deliver crystal-clear, all-digital audio and video via a single cable, HDMI dramatically simplifies cabling and helps provide consumers with the highest-quality home theater experience. HDMI can provide an interface between any audio/video source, such as a set-top box, DVD player, or A/V receiver and an audio and/or video monitor, such as a digital television (DTV), over a single cable.
- Depending on the model of product, HDMI can support standard, enhanced, or high-definition video, plus multi-channel digital audio on a single cable . It can transmit all ATSC HDTV standards and supports 8-channel, 192kHz, uncompressed digital audio and all currently-available compressed formats (such as Dolby Digital and DTS), newer HDMI devices can support HDMI 1.3 technology which adds additional support for new lossless digital audio formats Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™.
- This unit is equipped with a USB port that allows you to enjoy WAV (PCM format only), MP3 and WMA audio files from a USB memory device (USB flash drive).
CINEMA DSP Digital
- Conventional multichannel audio reproduction systems base their sound on Dolby Digital and DTS decoding, using matrix and steering technologies to create surround sound effects. Yamaha CINEMA DSP is much more advanced, actually creating richly realized independent sound fields that envelop you in an unmatched surround sound experience. With dialogue, music and effects from ideally located in these separate sound fields, you will hear sound with accurate placement, smooth movement, exceptional clarity and richness, and startlingly realistic presence. It will seem as if the walls of your room have disappeared and you are in the middle of your own immense theater! The decoding circuitry performs Dolby Pro Logic IIx, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, DTS Digital Surround, DTS-ES (DTS-ES Matrix 6.1 and DTS-ES Discrete 6.1), DTS Neo:6 and DTS 96/24 decoding with extreme accuracy, as well as all digital sound field processing.
Compressed Music Enhancer
- Yamaha employs sophisticated digital signal processing with exclusive algorithms to enable playback that improves the performance of compressed music formats, including MP3 and WMA. With the Compressed Music Enhancer, highs and especially lows are richer and smoother, bringing music back to life to be as close to the original as possible.
YPAO Automatic System Calibration
- Yamaha’s YPAO system uses a small microphone and sophisticated equalization to automatically set the best sound for any room, no matter where the speakers are. First it checks the speaker connections and phase of each speaker. Then it sends out tones which are captured by the microphone to analyze the room acoustics and sets a variety of parameters, such as the speaker size, the distance of the speakers and even the sound pressure level, etc. Until it achieves the best sound conditions for your room and you don't have to do anything!
- Channels: 5.1
- Dolby TrueHD
- Dolby ProLogic IIx
- DSP Programs: 5
- Adaptive DRC
- Air Surround Xtreme
- Compressed Music Enhancer
- HDMI Auto Lip Sync
- Analog Video to HDMI Upconversion
- HDMI Pass-through
- Deep Color 30 / 36 Bit
- x v Color
- YPAO (w/Optimizer Microphone)
- On-Screen Display: (GUI w/ HDMI Overlay)
- Simplified Main Remote Control Unit
- Main unit cablable of Learning IR Commands
- Firmware Upgradeable: (via USB)
- 1080p Compatible HDMI (In/Out): (3 / 1)
- Component Video Inputs: 2
- Composite Video Inputs: 1
- Digital Inputs (O: Optical, C: Coaxial): (0 : 1, C: 1)
- Analog Audio Inputs: 1
- Remote Control IR Ports (In/Out): (1 / 3)
- Speaker Terminals: 5 Ch
- Subwoofer Output
- Dock Port: (For optional YDS-11/YBA-10)
- USB Input* (Photos, Music)
- iPod Music: (w/ optional YDS-11)
- Bluetooth (A2DP) Audio: (w/ optional YBA-10)
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts, 90 Days Labor