Garmin Gray Nuvi 1690 GPS Navigation System - 0100082200
Get real-time content on the go with nüvi 1690. From fuel prices to Google™ Local Search, you'll be the first to know with Garmin nüLink!™ Services¹. The 1690 also includes preloaded maps, lane assist with junction view, hands-free calling and ecoRoute™ — making it one smart navigator.
Travel Like a Local with Garmin nüLink!™ Services
With Garmin nüLink! Services, you receive accurate real-time information delivered wirelessly to your nüvi 1690. In the U.S., each nüvi 1690 comes with a free 2-year nüLink! subscription and includes Google Local Search to find local POIs. And the traffic service delivers alerts for delays and road construction then automatically guides you around them in the shortest time. Need fuel? Find up-to-date fuel prices near your location for regular, mid-grade, premium or diesel. Other convenient services included in the subscription: Ciao!™ friend finder, weather, movie times, local events, Send to GPS, flight status, currency converter, White Pages and myGarmin.
Know the Lane Before It’s Too Late
No more guessing which lane you need to be in to make an upcoming turn. Lane assist with junction view guides you to the correct lane for an approaching turn or exit, making unfamiliar intersections and exits easy to navigate. It realistically displays road signs and junctions on your route along with arrows that indicate the proper lane for navigation.
Get Turn-by-turn Directions
nüvi 1690's intuitive interface greets you with 2 simple options: "Where To?" and "View Map." Touch the color screen to easily look up addresses and services and get voice-prompted, turn-by-turn directions that speak street names to your destination. It comes preloaded with detailed City Navigator® NT street maps, nearly 6 million POIs, 2-D or 3-D maps and speed limits for most major roads. Its digital elevation maps show you shaded contours at higher zoom levels, giving you a big picture of the surrounding terrain. And with HotFix™ satellite prediction, nüvi calculates your position faster to get you there quicker.
Make Hands-free Calls
For hands-free calling, nüvi 1690 integrates Bluetooth® wireless technology with a built-in microphone and speaker. Just pair it with your compatible Bluetooth phone and talk hands-free through the 1690 while staying focused on the road. Simply dial numbers with nüvi's touchscreen keypad to make a call. To answer calls, just tap the screen and speak. Enjoy convenient 1-touch dialing for contacts and POIs.
Select Fuel-efficient Routes
nüvi 1690 saves you gas and money with ecoRoute — a green feature that calculates the most fuel-efficient route, tracks fuel usage and more. With ecoRoute, you have a “less fuel” option as a routing preference. When selected, nüvi will determine if a more fuel efficient route exists based upon road speed data and vehicle acceleration data for a given route.
nüvi 1690 includes advanced navigation features to take the worry out of traveling. With route planning you can save 10 routes, specify via points and preview simulated turns on the 1690's wide screen. In addition, nüvi 1690 automatically sorts multiple destinations to provide an efficient route for errands, deliveries or sales calls. It also displays speed limits for highways and Interstates. A trip log provides an electronic breadcrumb trail of up to 10,000 points, so you can see where you've been on the map.
With nüvi 1690's widescreen display, you'll always get the big picture. View map detail, driving directions, photos and more in bright, brilliant color. Its sunlight-readable, 4.3-inch display is easy to read from any direction.
Go Beyond Navigation
Navigation is just the beginning. "Where Am I?" emergency locator finds the closest hospitals, police stations, fuel stations, nearest address and intersections. nüvi 1690 helps you remember where you parked by automatically marking your position when you remove it from your car. It also includes travel tools such as JPEG picture viewer, world travel clock with time zones, currency converter, measurement converter and calculator. Photo navigation lets you download pictures from Garmin Connect™ Photos. The 1690 features Garmin Lock™, an anti-theft feature, and is compatible with Garmin Garage where you can download free vehicles and voices. Enhance your travel experience with optional plug-in microSD™ cards.
- Voice prompts (e.g. "Turn right in 500 ft."): yes (internal speaker)
- Speaks street names (e.g. "Turn right ON ELM STREET in 500 ft."): yes
- Lane assist (guides you to the proper lane for navigation): yes (with junction view)
- Auto sort multiple destinations (provides most direct route): yes
- Auto re-route (fast off-route and detour recalculation): yes
- Choice of route setup (faster time, shorter distance, off road): yes
- Route avoidance (avoid highways, tolls etc.): yes
- Bluetooth® wireless technology (connect to your phone for hands-free calling): yes
- Garmin nüLink! Services: (receive accurate real-time travel information): yes (Google™ local search, traffic, gas prices, Ciao!™, weather, movie times, local events, Send to GPS, flight status, converter, White Pages, myGarmin™)
- Speed limit indicator (displays speed limit for most major roads in the U.S. and Europe): yes
- Where Am I? (find closest hospitals, police & gas stations, nearest address & intersection): yes
- Garmin Locate™ (marks position when removed from windshield mount): yes
- ecoRoute™ (calculates a more fuel-efficient route) : yes
- Qwerty or ABC keyboard (choose keyboard layout): yes
- Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest): yes
- Garmin Garage™ vehicles compatible (download car-shaped icons to your device): yes
- Garmin Garage™ voices compatible (download custom voices to your device): yes
- Photo navigation (navigate to geotagged photos): yes
- World travel clock, currency & unit converter, calculator: yes
- Picture viewer: yes
- Garmin Lock™ (anti-theft feature): yes
- Touchscreen: yes
- nüvi® 1690
- Free 2-year data subscription to Garmin nüLink!™ Services in the U.S.
- Preloaded City Navigator® NT North America (full coverage)
- Vehicle suction cup mount
- Vehicle power cable
- USB cable
- Dashboard disc
- Quick start manual
Physical & Performance:
- Display size, WxH: 3.81"W x 2.25"H (9.7 x 5.7 cm); 4.3" diag (10.9 cm)
- Display resolution, WxH: 480 x 272 pixels
- Display type: WQVGA color TFT with white backlight
- Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life: up to 4 hours
- Waterproof: no
- High-sensitivity receiver: yes
- RoHS version available: yes
Maps & Memory:
- Basemap: yes
- Preloaded street maps: yes
- Ability to add maps: yes
- Built-in memory: internal solid state
- Accepts data cards: microSD™ card (not included)
- Waypoints/favorites/locations: 1000
- Routes: 10
- Additional: This USB mass storage device is compatible with Windows® 2000 or later and Mac® OS X 10.4 or later.
- Width: 4.9"
- Height: 3.1"
- Depth: 0.75"
- Unit: 0.3875 lbs
- Shipping: 1 lb