PolyScience Sous Vide Cooking Kit - 7306AC1B9
A new 64-page guide to sous vide cooking written by Thomas Keller, renowned chef and author of Under Pressure, is now available exclusively from PolyScience as part of the our new Sous Vide Cooking Kit.
Sous Vide – A Guide to Low-Temperature Cooking is a primer in sous vide cooking for any cook who wants to learn the fundamental techniques of sous vide. Featured sections include the specifics of sous vide, its history, safety issues, and the equipment used. This informative new guide also features tips and highly approachable sous vide recipes not found anywhere else.
Sous vide is a technique that slowly cooks vacuum-sealed foods in a water bath,
bringing them to temperature gently to prevent overcooking and create incomparable
texture. The technique that relies on a precise, temperature controlled circulator
allows achieving perfect, repeatable results every time, which is ideal for
delicate foods such as lobster or fish. Sous vide cooking is great for retaining
vibrant flavor and texture in vegetables, and long cook times on secondary cuts
of meat without drying them out.
- Cooking Temperature: User settable to 302°F/150°C
- Stability: +/- .09°F; +/- .05°C
- Controller Type: Standard controller; LED display; 3 temperature preset buttons
- Protective Cage Preinstalled: YES
- Maximum Temperature: 210°F / 99°C
- Voltage: 120 V, 11 A
What's In The Box:
- Sous Vide – A Guide to Low-Temperature Cooking
- A model 7306C Thermal Circulator with protective cage
- An 18 liter clear polycarbonate cooking tank
- A custom-fit lid designed to keep heat and steam in the cooking tank.
- Thomas Keller cookbook
- Height: 5.75"
- Width: 4.63"
- Depth: 12.25"