Sony 40" BRAVIA S Series Black LCD Flat Panel HDTV, Model KDL40S504
Step up to Full HD 1080p without breaking the bank. The KDL-40S504 40-inch BRAVIA® S Series HDTV features Advanced Contrast Enhancer (ACE) for an impressive dynamic contrast ratio of 20,000:1 and BRAVIA Engine™ 2 digital video processor for superior resolution. Plus, 6 HD inputs (3 HDMI™, 2 component and 1 PC) are provided to connect all of your HD devices including PlayStation®3, Blu-ray Disc™ player and laptop or desktop. You can even expand the capabilities of this HDTV by adding optional BRAVIA Link modules (sold separately).
- 16:9 Full HD 1080p Resolution Panel (1920x1080)
16:9 Full HD 1080p resolution panel (1920x1080) accepts any HDTV signal and renders it with optimum resolution, so you can take full advantage of Blu-ray Disc™ players and Sony® PLAYSTATION®3 entertainment systems that can deliver 1080p content.
- HDMI™ connection x 3 (1080/60p capable)
Get versatile HDMI connection options with three HDMI inputs (up to 1080/60p input capable)1. Connect a Sony® PLAYSTATION® 3 entertainment system, Blu-ray Disc™ player, or any other HDMI-capable equipment and get uncompressed digital video and multi-channel digital audio on a single cable.
- BRAVIA® Sync™ capable
BRAVIA Sync capability combines the one-touch access and control functionality of BRAVIA Theatre Sync™ with the ability to control CEC-enabled Sony® Handycam® camcorders and Cyber-shot® digital still cameras using the TV’s remote and an on-screen display via HDMI connector1, 2.
- Energy Star® 3.0 Certified
Sony® HDTVs exceed Energy Star 3.0 requirement. In addition, they incorporate advanced power saving features such as Light Sensor® technology that adjusts backlight intensity based on ambient room lighting conditions and Dynamic Backlight Control that adjusts backlight intensity based on the brightness of the image on the screen.
- Dynamic contrast (20,000:1)
Advanced Contrast Enhancer (ACE) creates a dynamic contrast level by working in real time to produce deep blacks in darker scenes, as well as fine details in shadows and other dark areas of the picture for a difference you can truly see.
- HD Component x 2 (1080/60p capable)
Two YPbPr Component inputs (1080/60ipcapable) provide added HD-capable connectivity, and a PC input3 (HD-15 pin) offers the added versatility to use your HDTV as a computer monitor.
- 24p True Cinema™
24p True Cinema support provides a direct connection to 24p video sources, avoiding conversions and allowing users to enjoy films at their intended 24 fps (frames per second) cinematic picture quality when using a 24p-capable output device, such as a Blu-ray Disc™ player or Sony® PLAYSTATION® 3 entertainment system.
- VESA® compatible hole spacing
VESA compatible hole spacing uses an industry-standard mounting hole pattern that can be used with VESA-compliant mounting brackets, taking the guesswork out of selecting the proper hardware for hanging your TV on the wall.
- Audio Power Output : 20 W (10 W x 2)
- Speaker Configuration : 2.0
- Speakers (Total) : 2
- Auto Shut-off : Yes
- BRAVIA® Sync™ : Yes
- BRAVIA® Sync™ Menu Button : Yes (on Remote Control)
- Channel Block (with password) : Yes
- Channel Jump : Yes
- Channel Labels : Yes
- Channel Surf : Yes
- Edit Channel Labels : Yes
- Favorites : Graphic
- Favorites (Simple UI) : Standard
- ID-1 Detection : Yes
- Info Banner : PSIP, XDS
- Input Skip : Manual
- Label Inputs : Yes
- Multiple Language Display : English, Spanish, French
- On-Screen Clock : Yes
- On/Off Timer : Yes
- Parental Control : Yes
- Picture Adjustments Lock (For Americas) : Yes
- Show/Hide Channels : Yes
- Sleep Timer : Yes
- Start Up BRAVIA® Logo Display : Yes
- Theatre Mode (Theatre Button) : Yes
- White Balance (For Americas) : RGB Gain/Bias
- Backlight Type : CCFL
- Display Device : LCD
- Aspect Ratio : 16:9
- Color Range (u'v') : 90% of NTSC
- Color Range (xy) : 72% of NTSC
- Display Resolution : 1920 x 1080p (Full HD)
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio : 20,000:1
- On-Screen Contrast Ratio : 3,000:1
- Panel Bit : 8-bit
- Screen Size (measured diagonally) : 40"
- Viewing Angle (Right/Left) : 178 (89/89)
- Viewing Angle (Up/Down) : 178 (89/89)
- Native Resolution : 1920 x 1080
Energy Saving & Efficiency
- Backlight Off Mode : Yes
- Dynamic Backlight Control : Yes
- Eco Settings : Yes
- Energy Star® compliant : Exceeds Energy Star® Version 3.0
- Estimated Annual Energy Consumption (kWh) : 284.96 kW
- LightSensor™ Technology : Yes
- PC Power Management : Yes
- Power Consumption (On Mode) for Energy Star : 155 W
- Power Consumption (Standby Mode) for Energy Star : 0.30 W
- Power Saving Modes : Yes
- Television Type : Flat Panel LCD HDTV
- BRAVIA® Link Module support : DMX-DVD; DMX-WL1
- Closed Captions (CC) : Analog, Digital
- Finish (Surface Color) : Piano Black
- XMB : Traditional
- Power Consumption (in Operation) max. : 200 W (max)
- Power Consumption (in Standby) : Less than 1W
- Power Requirements (frequency) : 60HZ
- Power Requirements (voltage) : AC 120V
Recycled & Recyclable Materials
- Packaging Materials : Recycled Carton (more than 40%)
- Printed Materials : FSC Certified
- Channel Coverage : VHF: 2-13 UHF: 14-69 CATV (analog): 1-135 CATV (digital) : 1-135
- Color System : NTSC
- Number of Tuners (Digital) : 1(Hybrid)
- TV System (Analog) : M
- TV System (Digital) : ATSC
- Tuner (Cable) : Clear QAM
- Tuner (Terrestrial) : ATSC, NTSC
- Video Signal : 1080/60p (HDMI™ / COMPONENT), 1080/60i, 1080/24p (HDMI™ ONLY), 720/60p, 480/60p, 480/60i
In the Box:
- AC Power Cord (attached)
- Table Top Stand (separate, pre-assembled)
- Remote Control RM-YD028
- Operating Instructions
- Screws (4) for Pedestal
- Batteries (Type AA x2)
- Quick Setup Guide
- Warranty Card
- With Pedestal
- Height: 27"
- Width: 38.875"
- Depth: 10.75"
- Without Pedestal
- Height: 25.125"
- Width: 38.875"
- Depth: 3.75"
- With Pedestal: 40.8 lbs
- Without Pedestal: 37.1 lbs
- Shipping: 45 lbs
- Manufacturer's Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts and Labor