VisionTek Radeon HD 5870 Series Graphics Card - 900298
Prepare to experience a riveting high-definition gaming experience with ATI Radeon™ HD 5870 Series graphics processors. Expand your visual real estate across up to three displays and get lost in the action with revolutionary ATI Eyefinity Technology. Using ATI Stream technology, accelerate even the most demanding applications and do more than ever with your PC. The first to deliver full support for Microsoft DirectX® 11, these GPUs enable rich, realistic visuals and explosive HD gaming performance so you can dominate the competition.
- Get unrivalled visual quality and intense gaming performance and for today and tomorrow with support for Microsoft® DirectX® 11
- With ATI Eyefinity technology get the ultimate immersive gaming experience innovative wrap around’ multi-display capabilities
- Tap into the massive parallel processing power of your GPU with ATI Stream technology and tackle demanding tasks like video transcoding with incredible speed
- Experience the speed, responsiveness and performance of ultra-high bandwidth GDDR5 memory
- ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual-mode offers advanced scalability
Microsoft DirectX® 11 Support
ATI Radeon™ HD 5870 Series GPUs fully support Microsoft DirectX® 11, enabling the following:
Tessellation is now available to PC developers for real-time rendering with ultra-realistic characters and an incredible level of detail with 3D images
HDR Texture compression delivers an intense level visual detail without increasing graphics memory footprint with efficiency and incredible image quality
Multi-threading support for DirectX® 11 accelerates rendering by leveraging all the CPU cores to enable overall faster gaming performance
DirectCompute improves PC performance by taking on some or all of a DirectX 11-enabled application’s processing load, freeing up the computer’s main processor to take on additional tasks. Get intense gaming performance and unrivalled image quality with stunning 3D visual effects, realistic lighting and lifelike imagery.
Expand with ATI Eyefinity Technology
ATI Eyefinity technology maximizes your field of view across up to three displays, fully engaging your peripheral vision and putting you right IN the game. Unleash the massive parallel processing power of your GPU to help speed up your PC and do more. Extend your view of a game across up to three displays, that’s as much as 12 megapixels for the ultimate gaming environment. Create the ultimate flight or racing simulation platform by extending supported games across multiple displays for a panoramic view that gives you a true sense of height and speed. Get a bird’s-eye view and spread out game information across multiple screens and still stay in the center of the action. See more of the battlefield without having to zoom. Get a better view of what’s going on around you, use your peripheral vision so you can see the enemy before they see you. The perfect solution for your home or office, ATI Eyefinity technology makes multi-tasking a snap by eliminating the need to flip between windows. Surf the internet, email, edit photos or videos, track your stocks and much more all at the same time. ATI Eyefinity technology is ideal for multimedia applications; it allows you to keep several ‘palettes’ or ‘panels’ open while you edit images or videos so video playback, editing and transferring content to portable media players is quick and easy.
DirectCompute 11, helps improve PC performance by taking on some or all of a DirectX 11-enabled application’s processing load, freeing up the computer’s main processor to take on additional tasks. DirectX® 11-enabled applications are designed for fast performance on your PC running Windows® 7. For example, there are programs designed for Windows 7 that can convert (i.e. transcode) a digital media file to a different size or format faster with Windows 7 than previous versions of Windows. Windows® 7 with built-in drag and drop transcoding is a great example how ATI Radeon™ HD 5850 Series GPUs provide an exceptional experience for the upcoming operating system.
ATI CrossFireX™ Technology
Increase your gaming performance up to 180% with ATI CrossFireX™ Technology in dual-mode5
Enhanced Anisotropic Filtering
New anisotropic filtering method Ultimate image quality and visuals for more immersive gaming
Accelerated Video Transcoding
Native support for common transcoding instructions in each shader for motion estimation that accelerates video encoding
Enjoy a full range of display options natively on the board, including dual-link DVI-I, DisplayPort and HDMI
More flexibility with the highest level of connectivity for the latest display technologies
HDMI 1.3 with Deep Color and 7.1 High Bitrate Audio Support Ensures you get the full Blu-ray and PVR experience from your PC
Dolby® TrueHD and DTSHD Master AudioTM Support
Support of content protected, high bandwidth, 7.1 channels of surround sound over HDMI
Get a fully immersive high-definition audio experience with the latest Blu-ray movies.
ATI PowerPlay™Technology7 – Enhanced Support for GDDR5 memory
Improved ATI PowerPlay™ technology capabilities with GDDR5 based boards including memory clock switching. Power draw scales according to activity so when GPU activity is low, the power draw is minimal.
- 1GB GDDR5 memory
- ATI Eyefinity technology with support for up to three displays
- ATI Stream technology
- Designed for DirectCompute 11 and OpenCL
- Accelerated Video Transcoding (AVT)
- Compliant with DirectX® 11 and earlier revisions
- Supports OpenGL 3.1
- Dual-mode ATI CrossFireX™ technology support for highly scalable performance
- ATI Avivo™ HD video and display technology
- Dynamic power management with ATI PowerPlay™ technology
- DL-DVI, DisplayPort, HDMI (outputs may require adapter)
- PCI Express® 2.0 support
- ATI Radeon™ HD 5870 graphics card
- Set-up CD
- Adapters may be included for additional output configurations
- Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista (all versions)
- Windows XP
- System Requirements
- PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard
- 500 Watt or greater power supply with one 75W 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors recommended (600 Watt and two 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode)
- Certified power supplies are recommended. Refer to http://ati.amd.com/certifiedPSU for a list
- Minimum 1GB of system memory
- Installation software requires CD-ROM drive
- DVD playback requires DVD drive
- Blu-ray™ playback requires Blu-ray drive
- For an ATI CrossFireX™ system, a second ATI Radeon™ HD 5850 graphics card, an ATI CrossFireX Ready motherboard and one ATI CrossFireX Bridge Interconnect cable (not included) per graphics card are required.