Apple Mac Mini 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Computer With Snow Leopard Server - MC408LLA
There’s a whole server in there.
What is Mac mini with Snow Leopard Server?
Exactly what you’d expect — a Mac mini specifically designed to be a server with Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server preinstalled. Instead of a SuperDrive, there are two 500GB hard drives that give you all the power and storage you need to help your group work more efficiently than ever.
What can it do for you?
Mac mini with Snow Leopard Server is designed to help you communicate, collaborate, and share information. It’s perfect for any small business or group — retail shops, doctor and law offices, classrooms, design studios — you name it. Now you can have your own server that supports email on Mac computers, PCs, and iPhone. Sync and share calendars and contact information. Access and swap files securely, and at lightning speed, between Mac computers and PCs. Easily create full-featured wikis and high-quality podcasts. And automatically back up all your important data.
- File Sharing: Create shared folders for exchanging files and backup.
- Instant Messaging: Exchange instant messages and conduct video conferences.
- Address Book: Synchronize and share contacts.
- Mail: Send and receive email on the Internet.
- Calendar: Schedule events and share calendars.
- Internet: Host a website. Create and share wikis and blogs.
Add as many people as you want.
Mac mini with Snow Leopard Server lets you add an unlimited number of Mac and PC users without per-user licensing fees. So you can grow your business without growing your costs. And you get amazing hardware and software that are ready to go, right out of the box, for less than the cost of most server software alone.
Easy to set up. Easy to run.
The Mac is famously easy to use, and so is Mac mini with Snow Leopard Server. That makes it perfect for people who’ve never run a server before or for overtaxed IT departments. Server Assistant will walk you through the setup process step by step. And if you want help at any stage, just click the ? icon for more information.
Tools like Server Preferences let you quickly set up all your key services and manage users and groups. And a Server Status Dashboard widget makes it easy to keep an eye on the status of services such as email, file sharing, web hosting, and more.
Integration and compatibility.
Advanced network hardware and software make it incredibly simple to integrate Mac mini with Snow Leopard Server into any Mac or PC environment. And it’s compatible with a wide range of displays, keyboards, mice, and other peripherals, so you can put it to work with the equipment you already have.
Small, but powerful.
The new Mac mini with Snow Leopard Server features a 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 4GB of memory. It also has two 500GB hard drives built in, so you have plenty of room to host wikis and websites, back up the data you need, and store just about anything.
If you ever want to burn discs or install additional software, consider the external USB-based MacBook Air SuperDrive. It takes up very little space and easily connects to Mac mini with a single USB cable — there’s no separate power adapter.
Space efficient. Energy efficient.
Mac mini with Snow Leopard Server uses less than 16 watts of power when idle. That’s 4.5 times less than a similarly equipped tower server. It’s also made from highly recyclable aluminum. So it has a big impact on the way your office works and a tiny impact on the planet.
- Mac mini
- Mini-DVI to DVI Adapter
- 110W power adapter and power cord
- Install/restore DVDs
- Printed and electronic documentation
- Processor and memory
- 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
- 3MB on-chip shared L2 cache running 1:1 with processor speed
- 1066MHz frontside bus
- 4GB (two 2GB SO-DIMMs) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM
- Environment Status Report
- Highly recyclable aluminum and polycarbonate enclosure
- Meets ENERGY STAR requirements
- Rated EPEAT Gold
- Peripheral connections
- One FireWire 800 port (up to 800 Mbps)
- Five USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps)
- Graphics and video support
- NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory3
- Extended desktop and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports up to 1920 by 1200 pixels on a DVI or VGA display; up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on a dual-link DVI display using Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter (sold separately)
- Mini-DVI port
- DVI output using Mini-DVI to DVI Adapter (included)
- VGA output using Mini-DVI to VGA Adapter (sold separately)
- Mini DisplayPort output
- Built-in AirPort Extreme 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking4; IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
- Built-in Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
- Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
- Combined optical digital audio input/audio line in (minijack)
- Combined optical digital audio output/headphone out (minijack)
- Built-in speaker
- Dual 500GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard disk drives5
- Electrical and operating requirements
- Line voltage: 100-120V AC (applies to U.S., Japan, and South America only)
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz, single phase
- Maximum continuous power: 110W
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -40° to 116° F (-40° to 47° C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- Maximum altitude: 10,000 feet
- Mac OS X Server v10.6 Snow Leopard
- Height: 2"
- Width: 6.5"
- Depth: 6.5"
- Unit: 2.9 lbs
- Shipping: 4 lbs