APC Back-UPS ES 8 Outlet Black Battery Backup - BE550G
APC's Back-UPS® ES series is now "greener" than ever. The ES 550 utilizes an ultra-efficient design that consumes less power during normal operation than any other battery backup in its class, saving you money on your electricity bill. It's also RoHS compliant, which means its manufacture and ultimate disposal is easier on the environment. Even the packaging has been carefully selected to minimize energy use in it's creation, and to maximize the use of recycled materials. Coupled with all the standard features of the Back-UPS ES series, the ES 550 is the best value for home and home office computers.
- Battery failure notification
Provides early-warning fault analysis on batteries enabling timely preventive maintenance
- Battery-protected and surge-only outlets
Reserves power capacity and run time for connected equipment that require battery back-up while providing surge only protection for less critical equipment
- Cold-start capable
Provides temporary battery power when the utility power is out.
- Hot-swappable batteries
Ensures clean, uninterrupted power to protected equipment while batteries are being replaced
- Disconnected battery notification
Warns when a battery is not available to provide backup power.
- Dataline Surge Protection
Provides protection of connected equipment from power surges on the data lines.
- Automatic self-test
Periodic battery self-test ensures early detection of a battery that needs to be replaced.
- Audible alarms
Provides notification of changing utility power and UPS conditions.
- User-replaceable batteries
Increases availability by allowing a trained user to perform upgrades and replacements of the batteries reducing Mean Time to Repair (MTTR)
- USB connectivity
Provides management of the UPS via a USB port (not available on all models).
- Transformer-block spaced outlets
Protect equipment with input transformer blocks without blocking access to other receptacles.
- Intelligent battery management
Maximizes battery performance, life, and reliability through intelligent, precision charging.
- Safety-agency approved
Ensures the product has been tested and approved to work safely with the connected service provider equipment and within the specified environment. UL, FCC, CE, C-Tick approvals.
- Lifetime data recovery warranty
Provides peace of mind by providing professional data recovery services in the event data is lost due to the failure of the unit.
- Battery replacement without tools
Allows quick, easy battery replacement.
- LED status indicators
Quickly understand unit and power status with visual indicators.
- Output Power Capacity 330 Watts / 550 VA
- Max Configurable Power 330 Watts / 550 VA
- Nominal Output Voltage 120V
- Output Frequency (sync to mains) 60 Hz
- Waveform Type Stepped approximation to a sinewave
- Output Connections
- (4) NEMA 5-15R (Battery Backup)
- (4) NEMA 5-15R (Surge Protection)
- Nominal Input Voltage 120V
- Input Frequency 60 Hz +/- 1 Hz
- Input Connections NEMA 5-15P
- Cord Length 5 feet (1.52 meters)
- Input voltage range for main operations 88 - 139V
Batteries & Runtime
- Battery Type Maintenance-free sealed Lead-Acid battery with suspended electrolyte : leakproof
- Typical recharge time 24 hour(s)
- Replacement Battery APCRBC110
- RBC110 RBC™ Quantity 1
Communications & Management
- Control panel LED status display with On Line : On Battery : Replace Battery and Building Wiring Fault
- Audible Alarm Alarm when on battery : distinctive low battery alarm : overload continuous tone alarm
Surge Protection and Filtering
- Surge energy rating 365 Joules
- Filtering Full time multi-pole noise filtering : 5% IEEE surge let-through : zero clamping response time : meets UL 1449
- Data Line Protection RJ-11 Modem/Fax/DSL protection (two wire single line)
- Operating Environment 32 - 104 °F (0 - 40 °C)
- Operating Relative Humidity 5 - 95%
- Operating Elevation 0-10000 feet (0-3000 meters)
- Storage Temperature 5 - 113 °F (-15 - 45 °C)
- Storage Relative Humidity 5 - 95%
- Storage Elevation 0-50000 feet (0-15000 meters)
- Audible noise at 1 meter from surface of unit 45.00 dBA
- Online Thermal Dissipation 16.00 BTU/hr
- Regulatory Approvals FCC Part 15 Class B,FCC Part 68,NOM,TUV-C,UL 1778,UL 497A,UL 497B
- Standard Warranty 3 years repair or replace
- Equipment protection policy Lifetime : $75000
- Environmental Compliance RoHS
- CD with software
- USB cable
- User Manual
- Height: 3.5"
- Width: 7"
- Depth: 12"
- Unit: 13 lbs.
- Shipping: 14.3 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty(authorized online retailer): 3 Years