APC SurgeArrest 7 Outlet Surge Protector - P74
Basic Protection for Computers and Electronics
- Status Indicator LED's
Provides a quick visual indication of your unit's status.
- Transformer Block Spacing
Connect bulky transformer block plugs without covering up other outlets.
- IEEE let-through rating and UL 1449 compliance
The 'Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers' (IEEE) Let-Through Voltage rating is based on a test that subjects a Surge Protector to a 6,000 volt spike. The rating equates to the amount of excess voltage that reaches connected equipment. The lower the number, the better the performance of the Surge Protector is. Underwriter's Laboratory's UL1449 surge protection safety standard uses these ratings to help users gauge performance. UL's best Transient Voltage Surge Suppressor (TVSS) Let-Through Voltage rating is "300V".
- Fail Safe Mode
Most other surge suppressors continue to let power through even after their circuits have been damaged, leaving your equipment exposed to future surges. APC’s SurgeArrest fail safe, which means that once the circuit of an APC SurgeArrest has been compromised the unit disconnects equipment from the power supply ensuring that no damaging surges reach your equipment.
- Catastrophic Event Protection
SurgeArrest components such as MOVs and Thermal fuse ensure instantaneous reaction to lightning strikes and wiring faults. If the surge components are damaged due to power spike or over voltage, excess power cannot reach your equipment. Unlike the APC SurgeArrest products, most surge suppressors continue to let power through even after circuits have been damaged, leaving your equipment exposed to other damaging surges.
- Noise Filtering
Surge Protector attenuates EMI/RFI line noise that can cause data errors and keyboard lockups, ensuring better performance of protected equipment.
- Building Wiring Fault Indicator
This LED informs users of potentially dangerous wiring problems in the wall circuit.
- Lightning and Surge Protection
To prevent damage to your equipment from power surges and spikes.
- Number of Outlets 7
- Receptacle Style NEMA 5-15R
- Nominal Input Voltage 120V
- Input Frequency 50/60 Hz +/- 5 Hz (auto sensing)
- Input Connections NEMA 5-15P
- Cord Length 4 feet (1.22 meters)
- Maximum Input Current 15A
Surge Protection and Filtering
- Surge energy rating 490 Joules
- eP Joule Rating 1080
- EMI/RFI Noise rejection (100 kHz to 10 MHz) 20 dB
- Peak Current Normal Mode 10 kAmps
- Peak Current Common Mode 30 kAmps
- Let Through Voltage Rating < 330
- Operating Environment 32 - 113 °F (0 - 45 °C)
- Operating Relative Humidity 0 - 95%
- Operating Elevation 0-10000 feet (0-3000 meters)
- Storage Temperature 5 - 113 °F (-15 - 45 °C)
- Storage Relative Humidity 0 - 95%
- Storage Elevation 0-50000 feet (0-15000 meters)
- Regulatory Approvals CSA,UL 1449
- Standard Warranty Lifetime
- Equipment protection policy Lifetime : $25000
- UL 1449 TVSS Rating 330V
- Height: 12.5"
- Width: 3"
- Depth: 1.4"
- Unit: 1 lbs.
- Shipping: 1.33 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty(authorized online retailer): Lifetime