Generac Pre Packaged 8000 Watts Air Cooled Home Generator - 5501
INNOVATIVE DESIGN & PROTOTYPE TESTING are key components of GENERAC'S success in "IMPROVING POWER BY DESIGN." But it doesn't stop there. Total commitment to component testing, reliability testing, environmental testing, destruction and life testing, plus testing to applicable CSA, NEMA, EGSA, and other standards, allows you to choose GENERAC POWER SYSTEMS with the confidence that these systems will provide superior performance.
TRUE POWER ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY: Superior harmonics and sine wave form produce less than 5% Total Harmonic Distortion for utility quality power. This allows confident operation of sensitive electronic equipment and micro-chip based appliances, such as variable speed HVAC.
- PROTOTYPE TESTED
- NEMA MG1-22 EVALUATION
- SYSTEM TORSIONAL TESTED
- MOTOR STARTING ABILITY
SOLID-STATE, FREQUENCY COMPENSATED VOLTAGE REGULATION. This state-of-the-art power maximizing regulation system is standard on all Generac models. It provides optimized FAST RESPONSE to changing load conditions and MAXIMUM MOTOR STARTING CAPABILITY by electronically torque-matching the surge loads to the engine.
SINGLE SOURCE SERVICE RESPONSE from Generac's dealer network provides parts and service know-how for the entire unit, from the engine to the smallest electronic component.
GENERAC TRANSFER SWITCHES. Long life and reliability are synonymous with GENERAC POWER SYSTEMS. One reason for this confidence is that the GENERAC product line includes its own transfer systems and controls for total system compatibility
- Generac (OHVI) Design: Maximizes engine breathing for increased fuel efficiency. Plateau honed cylinder walls and plasma moly rings help engine run cooler, reducing oil consumption. Because heat is the primary cause of engine wear, the OHVI has a significantly longer life than competitive engines.
- Spiny-lok cast iron cylinder walls: Rigid construction and added durability provide long engine life.
- Electronic ignition/spark advance: These features combine to assure smooth, quick starting every time.
- Full pressure lubrication system: Superior lubrication to all vital bearings means better performance, less maintenance and significantly longer engine life. Now featuring a 2 year/200 hour oil change interval.
- Low oil pressure shutdown system: Superior shutdown protection prevents catastrophic engine damage due to low oil.
- High temperature shutdown: Prevents damage due to overheating.
- Revolving field: Allows for smaller, light weight unit that operates 25% more efficiently than a revolving armature generator.
- Skewed rotor: Produces a smooth output waveform for compatibility with electronic equipment.
- Displaced phase excitation: Maximizes motor starting capability.
- Automatic voltage regulation: Regulates the output voltage to ±2% prevents damaging voltage spikes.
- UL 2200 Listed: For your safety
- Fully Automatic: Transfers your vital electrical loads to the energized source of power.
- Remote Mounting: Mounts near your existing distribution panel for simple, low cost installation.
- UL Listed: For your safety
- Manual/Auto/Off switch: Selects the operating mode.
- Utility voltage sensing: Constantly monitors utility voltage, setpoints 65% dropout, 75% pick-up, of standard voltage.
- Utility interrupt delay: Prevents nuisance start-ups of the engine, setpoint approximately 10 seconds.
- Engine warm-up: Ensures engine is ready to assume the load, setpoint approximately 10 seconds.
- Engine cool-down: Allows engine to cool prior to shutdown, setpoint approximately 1 minute.
- Seven day exerciser: Operates engine to prevent oil seal drying and damage between power outages.
- Timed Trickle Battery charger: Maintains battery charge level to insure starting.
- Main Line Circuit Breaker: Protects generator from overload.
- Weather protective enclosure:
- Ensures protection against mother nature. Hinged key locking roof panel for security.
- Lift-out front for easy access to all routine maintenance items. Electrostatically applied textured epoxy paint for added durability.
- Enclosed critical grade muffler: Quiet, critical grade muffler is mounted inside the unit to prevent injuries.
- Small, compact, attractive: Makes for an easy, eye appealing installation.
- Pre-wired External Connection Box: Easy Installation - Virtually all hardware included, plus step-by-step photographed Installation Guide.
- 1 Flexible Fuel Line Connector
- Composite Mounting Pad
- Pre-wired conduits
- UL Listed wire nuts
- True Power® Electrical Technology
- Automatic Transfer Switch with Built-In Priority Load Center
- Pre-wired External Connection Box
- Flexible Fuel Line Connector
- Composite Mounting Pad
- Pre-wired conduits
- Natural Gas or LP Gas Operation
- UL 2200 Listed
- Rated Maximum Continuous Power Capacity (LP): 8,000 Watts*
- Rated Maximum Continuous Power Capacity (NG): 7,000 Watts*
- Rated Voltage: 120/240
- Rated Maximum Continuous Load Current 240 Volts: 33.3 LP/29.2 NG
- Total Harmonic Distortion: Less than 5%
- Main Line Circuit Breaker: 35 Amp
- Phase: 1
- Number of Rotor Poles: 2
- Rated AC Frequency: 60Hz
- Power Factor: 1
- Battery Requirement (not included):
- Group 26R
- 12 Volts and
- 350 Cold-cranking
- Amperes Minimum
- Type of Engine: GENERAC OHVI
- Number of Cylinders: 1
- Rated Horsepower: 14.8 @ 3,600 rpm
- Displacement: 410cc
- Cylinder Block
- Aluminum w/Cast
- Iron Sleeve
- Valve Arrangement: Overhead Valve
- Ignition System: Solid-state w/Magneto
- Governor System: Mechanical
- Compression Ratio: 9.4:1
- Starter: 12 Vdc
- Oil Capacity Including Filter: Approx. 1.5 Qts.
- Operating RPM: 3,600
- Fuel Consumption
- Natural Gas cu.ft./hr.
- 1/2 Load: 77
- Full Load: 139
- Liquid Propane ft3/hr (gal/hr)
- 1/2 Load: 34 (0.94)
- Full Load: 62 (1.68)
- 2-Line Plain Text LCD Display (10 & 14 kW): Simple user interface for ease of operation
- Mode Switch
- Auto: Automatic Start on Utility failure. 7 day exerciser
- Off: Stops unit. Power is removed. Control and charger still operate.
- Manual/Test (start): Start with starter control, unit stays on. If utility fails, transfer to load takes place.
- Engine Start Sequence: Cyclic cranking: 16 sec. on, 7 rest (90 sec. maximum duration)
- Engine Warm-up: 10 seconds
- Engine Cool-Down: 1 minute
- Starter Lock-out: Starter cannot re-engage until 5 sec. after engine has stopped.
- 2.5 Amp Timed Trickle Battery Charger: Standard
- Automatic Voltage Regulator w/Overvoltage Protection: Standard
- Automatic Low Oil Pressure Shutdown: Standard
- Overspeed Shutdown: Standard, 72Hz
- High Temperature Shutdown: Standard
- Overcrank Protection: Standard
- Safety Fuse: Standard
TRANSFER SWITCH & PRIORITY LOAD CENTER
- No. of Poles: 2
- Current Rating (amps): 100
- Voltage Rating (VAC): 250
- Utility Voltage Monitor (fixed)
- Return to Utility: approx. 15 sec.
- Exerciser weekly for 12 minutes: Standard
- UL Listed: Standard
- Total of Pre-wired Circuits: 8
- No. 15A 120V: 5
- No. 20A 120V: 1
- No. 20A 240V:
- No. 30A 240V: 1
- No. 40A 240V:
- No. 50A 240V:
- Circuit Breaker Protected
- Available RMS Symmetrical Fault Current @ 250 Volts: 10,000
- Width: 25"
- Height: 29"
- Depth: 48"
- Transfer Switch:
- Width: 12.5"
- Height: 26.5"
- Depth: 7"
- Unit: 340 lbs
- Shipping: 360 lbs
- Manufacturers Warranty(authorized online retailer): 3 Years Parts and Labor