Canon FS300 Blue Flash Memory Camcorder - FS300BLUE
The Canon FS300 Flash Memory camcorder is among the most affordable ways to get stunning video in a light, compact and very user-friendly package. As employed in advanced electronic products such as laptop computers, MP3 players, PDAs and cell phones, flash memory has numerous benefits. Adding to the usefulness of this camcorder is Quick Charge - which reduces the recharge time for the FS300's battery and Pre-Record which gives you a head start on capturing the action. With the FS300's Canon Exclusive features such as Canon 41x Advanced Zoom and our DIGIC DV II Image Processor, combined with a 2.7” Widescreen LCD, Quick Charge and our new Dynamic IS - you've got a flash memory camcorder that's both hard to beat and unmistakably Canon. Our most affordable flash memory camcorder even lets you show your personal style with a choice of three colors - blue, silver or red.
With the ultra-sleek and compact FS300 you’re able to record over 20 hours of sharp, clear video onto a removable SD card using flash memory. The SD memory card is easily inserted into your computer or TV’s card reader and will allow you to view your recorded footage immediately.
In addition to the advantage of added recording time, flash memory offers more to you as well. You'll appreciate its quick response time, because it doesn't have to wait for moving parts. Press the record button and your FS300 starts recording video faster than you've ever seen before. In addition, when you review your footage, it will start playing more quickly as well. Another plus is the FS300's low power consumption rate, allowing your battery to last longer. It's just what you need so you don't miss that pivotal play on the field or the moment when they say "I do." While we certainly hope you keep your FS300 securely in your hand while shooting, if it happens to slip, or you accidentally knock it against something, you'll be happy to know that flash memory makes your camcorder more shock resistant than other recording storage systems. It also minimizes the chance of data loss due to damage to your recording media or the moving parts found in other camcorders.
Ultra-Sleek, Compact and Lightweight Design
The FS300 is ultra-compact and lightweight. Measuring only 2.2" wide, 2.3" high and 4.8" deep, it combines big video storage capacity in a small, easy to carry camcorder weighing only 7.9 oz. You’ll want to take it wherever you go.
Superb Image Quality
Great looking video starts with the images your camcorder sees, processes and records. Canon’s legendary technology works together in the FS300 to deliver the best at every step. Canon delivers the best in standard definition video in the FS300. A Genuine Canon 41x Advanced Zoom delivers unsurpassed image quality. The 680,000 pixel CCD Image Sensor and Canon DIGIC DV II Image Processor captures video with vivid, intense, lifelike detail.
With the Canon FS300, you can be sure that even on the move your video will be smooth, steady and professional looking. Dynamic IS provides continuous adjustment throughout the entire zoom range to correct a broader range of motion. In comparison to conventional electronic image stabilization systems, extra compensation is applied at wide-angle focal lengths to eliminate unwanted vibration that is common when walking.
2.7" Widescreen LCD
The 2.7" LCD on the FS300 lets you see more of what your camcorder is recording. The 123,000 dot screen delivers bright, clear detail and the widescreen format means there's no need to imagine what your final image will look like on your widescreen television because it's not squeezed into a small space while you're shooting. What you see will be what you get.
Video Snapshot will let you shoot short movie clips with the FS300 in the same way you've shot snapshots with your still camera. You can create 4-second video clips which can be played back in the FS300 with background music. You'll also be able to capture clips in Playback as well, making it more convenient than ever to use this feature. It's the perfect way to document your vacation in a quick, easy, entertaining series of clips, perfect for Internet sharing.
Superb Shooting Control - Quick Start, Dual Shot, Quick Charge, Pre-Record and More
With Quick Start, you’ll never miss a quickly unfolding shot again. When the FS300 is in Camera Mode and the LCD panel is closed, it is placed in standby. When the action starts, open the LCD panel and you'll begin recording in less than one second. You'll also help extend your battery life as compared to leaving the camcorder in regular recording mode.
Dual Shot makes capturing video and photos faster and easier than ever. Both types of images can be captured in the same mode - without requiring any switching. This ensures you will be ready to capture the action when it starts, helping you to avoid the chance of a missed shot.
When you've got a lot to shoot but not a lot of time to recharge your batteries, the Quick Charge feature comes to the rescue. In 20 minutes, you can charge up to approximately 60 minutes of recording time! It's ultra-fast battery charging when you need it most.
The Pre-record feature places your FS300 in a stand-by "pre-roll" mode. With this feature the camcorder continuously records three seconds of video to memory before you even press the record button. When you start recording, the additional video is recorded too. It will be easier than ever to capture the moment when the bat hits the ball at the start of that home run.
The FS300 captures and records true 16:9 High Resolution Widescreen for picture perfect video. It comes from Canon's sophisticated image processing system, which uses the entire width of the image sensor, capturing true 16:9 widescreen. The additional pixels captured deliver better image quality.
You’ll take the compact, lightweight FS300 wherever you go, so to give you the best exposure settings for different conditions and subjects, automatically, you’ll have Program AE.
Portrait mode ensures shallow depth of field for a pleasing background to your shots of friends and family. Sports mode stops the action with faster shutter speeds. Night mode is designed to give you great shots after the sun goes down. Snow and Beach modes compensate for bright surroundings and give you the proper exposure on your subject. Sunset mode results in vibrant, well-exposed colors for one of the toughest subjects to capture. Use Spotlight mode when your child is on stage and in the spotlight - literally - and you want to make sure the exposure is right for them. And, Fireworks mode records brilliant images of another tough subject: the holiday fireworks display.
With the Level Marker feature, it's easy to keep your camcorder level for more professional-looking results. Line up any horizontal lines in your shot - such as the horizon - to the marker and you can be sure your camcorder is level.
The FS300's Grid Marker feature lets you compose your shot accurately. You can even choose from two different colors for the grid. This ensures that you see the grid, no matter what the background color of your shot is.
You can also easily burn DVDs of the video shot with your FS300 as it is compatible with Canon's DW-100 DVD Burner. A one-cable connection is all it takes to send the files across and with the click of a few buttons; your videos will be burned to a disc ready to play in a compatible DVD player.
To maximize the usefulness and versatility of the FS300, you’ll find an A/V terminal to easily view the recorded video on your television. The FS300 is also equipped with a USB port for direct transfer of your video and photos to your computer for editing or online sharing.
Express Your Color Preference
Express your color preference with the range of choices offered in the FS300. Whether it's silver, blue or red, your creative expression can begin even before you shoot your first frame of video.
- Built-in Video Light greatly improves the quality of your video shot in low light conditions.
- Pixela ImageMixer 3SE Video Editing Software: The FS300 camcorder is bundled with a powerful software suite. Pixela™ ImageMixer 3SE lets you play back your recorded video on your computer. You can also easily perform editing in which you can trim, reorder, and combine scenes, as well as add music, titles, and transitions. With the Pixela ImageMixer 3SE Software, you can burn a standard definition DVD to relive the memories on your TV. And to perfectly complement the Video Snapshot feature found on Canon flash memory camcorders, a music CD containing royalty-free soundtracks is also provided.
- Intelligent Lithium-ion Battery: The Intelligent Lithium-ion battery which powers the FS300 is a major, and useful, advance. It not only more accurately tracks remaining battery life, it also gives a display in minutes remaining. It will allow you to better plan your shooting, so you won't be caught out with a battery that suddenly goes from "half" to "empty."
- Built-in Electronic Lens Cover: The Built-in Electronic Lens Cover means you never have to go looking for your lens cover again. Turn your camcorder on and the lens cover automatically opens. Turn it off, and the cover closes.
- FS300 Flash Memory Camcorder
- Battery Pack BP-808
- Compact Power Adapter CA-570
- Stereo Video Cable STV-250N
- USB Interface Cable IFC-400PCU
- Pixela ImageMixer Video Editing Software
- Music CD
- Standard Definition or High Definition: Standard Definition
- Power Consumption: 1.8W (LP Mode, LCD set to normal brightness)
- Television System: NTSC
- Video Recording system: MPEG-2
- Image Sensor: 1/6-inch CCD
- Total Pixels: Approx. 680,000 pixels
- Effective Pixels
- Video: Advanced Zoom ON (16:9): Approx. 0.45 Megapixels (Wide) / 0.36 Megapixels (Tele); Advanced Zoom OFF (16:9): Approx. 0.36 Megapixels
- Photo: Approx. 0.45 Megapixels
- Maximum recording time
- 32GB SD Memory Card (not supplied): LP (3 Mbps): 20 hours, 50 minutes
- SP (6 Mbps): 11 hours
- XP (9 Mbps): 7 hours, 20 minutes
- Zoom Ratio 41x Advanced Zoom (16:9 mode); 37x Optical / 2000x Digital
Focal Length f=2.6-96.2mm, (35mm equivalent: 45.8 - 1695mm, Advanced Zoom OFF, 16:9)
- Zoom Speed Variable/3 Fixed Zoom Speeds
- Max. F/Stop f/2.0-5.2
- Focusing System: TTL (through the lens)
- Programmed AE: Auto, Program, Tv, Portrait, Sports, Night, Snow, Beach, Sunset, Spotlight, Fireworks
- Max Shutter Speed: Movie: 1/2000, Still Image: 1/500
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 10mm (wide) / 1m (tele)
- White Balance: Auto, Daylight, Tungsten, Manual
- Minimum Illumination: 1.3 lx (Night mode)
- Image Stabilization: Electronic
- LCD Screen: 2.7-inch widescreen color LCD (Approx. 123,000 dots)
- Recording Media: SD Memory Card
- USB Terminal: USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
- Video Terminal: Composite (output)
- Audio: Dolby Digital 2 channel (AC-3)
- AV Mini Terminal/Headphone Terminal: 3.5 mm 4-pole mini-jack (video/audio output only), Headphone (input)
- Height: 2.3"
- Width: 2.2"
- Depth: 4.8"
- Unit: 0.49 lbs
- Shipping: 1 lb
- Manufacturers Warranty(authorized online retailer): One Year Parts and Labor