Generac Pre Packaged 20000 Watts Air Cooled Home Generator - 5744
INNOVATIVE DESIGN & PROTOTYPE TESTING are key components of GENERAC'S success in "IMPROVING POWER BY DESIGN." But it doesn't stop there. Total commitment to component testing, reliability testing, environmental testing, destruction and life testing, plus testing to applicable CSA, NEMA, EGSA, and other standards, allows you to choose GENERAC POWER SYSTEMS with the confidence that these systems will provide superior performance.
TRUE POWERR ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY: Superior harmonics and sine wave form produce less than 5% Total Harmonic Distortion for utility quality power. This allows confident operation of sensitive electronic equipment and micro-chip based appliances, such as variable speed HVAC.
- PROTOTYPE TESTED
- NEMA MG1-22 EVALUATION
- SYSTEM TORSIONAL TESTED
- MOTOR STARTING ABILITY
SOLID-STATE, FREQUENCY COMPENSATED VOLTAGE REGULATION. This state-of-the-art power maximizing regulation system is standard on all Generac models. It provides optimized FAST RESPONSE to changing load conditions and MAXIMUM MOTOR STARTING CAPABILITY by electronically torque-matching the surge loads to the engine.
SINGLE SOURCE SERVICE RESPONSE from Generac's dealer network provides parts and service know-how for the entire unit, from the engine to the smallest electronic component.
GENERAC TRANSFER SWITCHES. Long life and reliability are synonymous with GENERAC POWER SYSTEMS. One reason for this confidence is that the GENERAC product line includes its own transfer systems and controls for total system compatibility.
- Generac (OHVI) Design: Maximizes engine “breathing” for increased fuel efficiency. Plateau honed cylinder walls and plasma moly rings help engine run cooler, reducing oil consumption. Because heat is the primary cause of engine wear, the OHVI has a significantly longer life than competitive engines.
- ”Spiny-lok” cast iron cylinder walls: Rigid construction and added durability provide long engine life.
- Electronic ignition/spark advance: These features combine to assure smooth, quick starting every time.
- Full pressure lubrication system: Superior lubrication to all vital bearings means better performance, less maintenance and significantly longer engine life. Now featuring a 2 year/200 hour oil change interval.
- Low oil pressure shutdown system: Superior shutdown protection prevents catastrophic engine damage due to low oil.
- High temperature shutdown: Prevents damage due to overheating.
- Revolving field: Allows for smaller, light weight unit that operates 25% more efficiently than a revolving armature generator.
- Skewed stator: Produces a smooth output waveform for compatibility with electronic equipment.
- Displaced phase excitation: Maximizes motor starting capability.
- Automatic voltage regulation: Regulates the output voltage to ±2% prevents damaging voltage spikes.
- UL 2200 Listed: For your safety
- Manual/Auto/Off switch: Selects the operating mode.
- Utility voltage sensing: Constantly monitors utility voltage, setpoints 65% dropout, 75% pick-up, of standard voltage.
- Utility interrupt delay: Prevents nuisance start-ups of the engine, adjustable 10-30 seconds.
- Engine warm-up: Ensures engine is ready to assume the load, setpoint approximately 10 seconds.
- Engine cool-down: Allows engine to cool prior to shutdown, setpoint approximately 1 minute.
- Seven day exerciser: Operates engine to prevent oil seal drying and damage between power outages.
- Timed Trickle Battery charger: Maintains battery charge level to insure starting.
- Main Line Circuit Breaker: Protects generator from overload.
- Electronic governor: Maintains constant 60 Hz frequency.
- Weather protective enclosure:
- Ensures protection against mother nature. Hinged key locking roof panel for security.
- Lift-out front for easy access to all routine maintenance items. Electrostatically applied
textured epoxy paint for added durability.
- Enclosed critical grade muffler: Quiet, critical grade muffler is mounted inside the unit to prevent injuries.
- Small, compact, attractive: Makes for an easy, eye appealing installation.
- 1’ Flexible Fuel Line Connector: Easy Installation
- Composite Mounting Pad
- True Power® Electrical Technology
- Two Line LCD Digital Controller
- Electronic Governor
- 200 Amp Service Entrance Rated Automatic Transfer Switch
- External Main Circuit Breaker, System Status & Maintenance Interval LED's and GFCI Duplex Outlet
- Flexible Fuel Line Connector
- Composite Mounting Pad
- Natural Gas or LP Gas Operation
- UL 2200 Listed
- Rated Maximum Continuous Power Capacity (LP): 20,000 Watts*
- Rated Maximum Continuous Power Capacity (NG): 18,000 Watts*
- Rated Voltage: 120/240
- Rated Maximum Continuous Load Current 240 Volts: 83.3 LP/75 NG
- Total Harmonic Distortion: Less than 5%
- Main Line Circuit Breaker: 100 Amp
- Phase: 1
- Number of Rotor Poles: 2
- Rated AC Frequency: 60Hz
- Power Factor: 1
- Battery Requirement (not included):
- Group 26R
- 12 Volts and
- 525 Cold-cranking
- Amperes Minimum
- Sound output in dB(A) at 23 ft. with generator operating at normal load: 66
- Sound output in dB(A) at 23 ft. with generator in Whisper-Test™ low speed exercise mode: 60
- Type of Engine: GENERAC OHVI V-TWIN
- Number of Cylinders: 2
- Rated Horsepower: 36 @ 3,600 rpm
- Displacement: 999cc
- Cylinder Block:
- Aluminum w/Cast
- Iron Sleeve
- Valve Arrangement: Overhead Valve
- Ignition System: Solid-state w/Magneto
- Governor System: Electronic
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Starter: 12 Vdc
- Oil Capacity Including Filter: Approx. 1.9 Qts.
- Operating RPM: 3,600
- Fuel Consumption
- Natural Gas cu.ft./hr.
- 1/2 Load: 206
- Full Load: 294
- Liquid Propane ft3/hr (gal/hr)
- 1/2 Load: 69 (1.89)
- Full Load: 106 (2.90)
- Required fuel pressure to generator fuel inlet at all load ranges - 5 to 7 inches of water column for natural gas, 10 to 12 inches of water column for LP gas
- 2-Line Plain Text LCD Display: Simple user interface for ease of operation
- Mode Switch
- Auto: Automatic Start on Utility failure. 7 day exerciser
- Off: Stops unit. Power is removed. Control and charger still operate.
- Manual/Test (start): Start with starter control, unit stays on. If utility fails, transfer to load takes place.
- Engine Start Sequence: Cyclic cranking: 16 sec. on, 7 rest (90 sec. maximum duration)
- Engine Warm-up: 10 seconds
- Engine Cool-Down: 1 minute
- Starter Lock-out: Starter cannot re-engage until 5 sec. after engine has stopped.
- 2.5 Amp Timed Trickle Battery Charger: Standard
- Automatic Voltage Regulator w/Overvoltage Protection: Standard
- Automatic Low Oil Pressure Shutdown: Standard
- Overspeed Shutdown: Standard, 72Hz
- High Temperature Shutdown: Standard
- Overcrank Protection: Standard
- Safety Fuse: Standard
- Depth: 48"
- Width: 25"
- Height: 29"
- Unit: 451 lbs
- Shipping: 471 lbs
- Manufacturers Warranty(authorized online retailer): 3 Years Parts and Labor