Canon EOS Rebel T2I EF-S 18-55MM IS Black Digital Camera - XT2IREB1855
Capture all those brilliants moments with the Canon EOS Rebel T2i 18-55m Megapixel Camera. This Canon Rebel digital camera features an 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor and DIGIC 4 Image Processor for uncompromising image quality and high processing speed. For easy picture composition, it features a 3.0-inch Clear View LCD monitor. This digital SLR camera also has a Quick Control Screen that provides easy access to frequently used functions, like ISO, Exposure and Flash Exposure compensation, drive mode, white balance, and more. You can take still pictures of moving objects easily with the camera’s 3.7fps continuous shooting. With an extended ISO range, the Canon Rebel digital camera helps you capture splendid images in both bright and dim light situations. You no more have to restrict yourself to still images. Thanks to Canon’s improved EOS Movie mode. With manual exposure control, the Canon EOS Rebel T2i 18-55m Megapixel Camera gives you a plethora of shooting options to create professional videos.
- 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor and .4 Image Processor for high image quality and speed.
- New compatibility with SDXC memory cards, plus new menu status indicator for Eye-Fi support.
- 3.7 fps continuous shooting up to approximately 34 JPEGs or approximately 6 RAW.
- Improved layout with dedicated Live View/Movie shooting button.
- Enhanced 63-zone, Dual-layer metering system; and 9-point AF system utilizing a highprecision, f/2.8 cross-type center point.
- New Quick Control Screen button for easy access to frequently used settings.
- Wide 3.0-inch (3:2 aspect ratio) Clear View LCD monitor (1.04 million dots) for improved viewing.
- ISO 100.6400 (expandable to 12800) for shooting from bright to dim light.
- Improved EOS Movie mode with manual exposure control, expanded recording (1920 x 1080Full HD): 30p (29.97) / 24p (23.976) / 25p, 1280 x 720: 60p (59.94) / 50p, 640 x 480 (SD):60p (59.94) / 50p), new Movie Crop recording in 640 x 480 and external microphone IN terminal for access to improved sound quality.
- EOS Rebel T2i Body
- EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens
- Eyecup Ef (not shown)
- Wide Strap EW-100DBIII
- USB Interface Cable IFC-130U
- AV Cable AVC-DC400ST
- Battery Pack LP-E8
- Battery Charger LC-E8
- EOS Digital Solution Disc and Instruction Manuals
- "Great Photography is Easy" Booklet and "Do More with Macro" Booklet (not shown)
- Type: Digital, single-lens reflex, AF/AE camera
- Recording Media: SD memory card, SDHC memory card, SDXC Memory Card
- Image Sensor Size: 22.3mm x 14.9mm (APS-C size)
- Compatible Lenses: Canon EF lenses including EF-S lenses (35mm-equivalent focal length is approx. 1.6x the lens focal length)
- Lens Mount: Canon EF mount
- Type: High-sensitivity, high-resolution, large single-plate CMOS sensor
- Pixels: Effective pixels: Approx. 18.00 Megapixels
- Aspect Ratio: 3:2 (Horizontal: Vertical)
- Color Filter System: RGB primary color filters
- Low-pass Filter: Fixed position in front of the CMOS sensor
- Dust Deletion feature
- (1) Self-Cleaning Sensor Unit
- (2) Dust Delete Data appended to the captured image
- (3) Manual cleaning of sensor
- Recording Format: Design rule for Camera File System 2.0 and Exif 2.21
- Image Type:
- Still: JPEG, RAW (14-bit, Canon original), RAW+JPEG
- Video: MOV (Image data: H.264, Audio: Linear PCM)
- File Size
- (1) Large/Fine: Approx. 6.4MB (5184 x 3456 pixels)
- (2) Large/Normal: Approx. 3.2MB (5184 x 3456 pixels)
- (3) Medium/Fine: Approx. 3.4MB (3456 x 2304 pixels)
- (4) Medium/Normal: Approx. 1.7MB (3456 x 2304 pixels)
- (5) Small/Fine: Approx. 2.2MB (2592 x 1728 pixels)
- (6) Small/Normal: Approx. 1.1MB (2592 x 1728 pixels)
- (7) RAW: Approx. 24.5MB (5184 x 3456 pixels)
- Exact file sizes depend on the subject, ISO speed, Picture Style, etc.
- File Numbering: Continuous numbering, auto reset, manual reset
- Color Space: sRGB, Adobe RGB selectable
- Picture Style: Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, User Defined 1-3
- Type: Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten Light, White Fluorescent Light, Flash, Custom
- Color Temperature Compensation
- White balance correction: ±9 stops in full-stop increments
- White balance bracketing: ±3 stops in full-stop increments
- Blue/amber direction or magenta/green direction possible
- Color Temperature Information Transmission: Provided
- Type: Eye-level SLR (with pentamirror)
- Coverage: Vertical/Horizontal approx. 95%
- Magnification: Approx. 0.87x (with 50mm lens at infinity, -1 m-1 (dpt))
- Eyepoint: Approx. 19mm (from eyepiece lens center)
- Built-in Dioptric Adjustment: -3.0 to +1.0m-1 (diopter)
- Focusing Screen: Fixed, Precision Matte
- Mirror: Quick-return half mirror (transmission: reflection ratio of 40:60, no mirror cut-off with EF600mm f/4L IS USM or shorter lenses)
- Viewfinder Information:
- AF information: AF points and focus confirmation light
- Exposure information: Shutter speed, aperture, ISO speed (always displayed), AE lock, exposure level, spot metering circle, exposure warning
- Flash information: Flash ready, flash exposure compensation, high-speed sync, FE lock, red-eye reduction light
- Image information: Highlight tone priority (D+), monochrome shooting, maximum burst (1-digit display), white balance correction, SD card information
- Depth-of-Field Preview: Enabled with depth-of-field preview button
- Type: TTL-CT-SIR AF-dedicated CMOS sensor
- AF Points: 9 AF points (center AF point is cross-type)
- Focusing Modes: Auto, One-Shot AF, Predictive AI Servo AF, AI Focus AF, Manual Focusing (MF)
- AF Point Selection: Automatic selection, manual selection
- Selected AF Point Display: Superimposed in viewfinder and indicated on LCD monitor
- AF-assist Beam
- Intermittent firing of built-in flash
- Effective range: Approx. 4.0m/13.1 ft. at center, approx. 3.5m/11.5 ft. at periphery. When EOS-dedicated Speedlite attached, the Speedlite's AF-assist beam is emitted instead.
- Metering Modes: 63-zone TTL full-aperture metering
- Evaluative metering (linkable to any AF point)
- Partial metering (approx. 9% of viewfinder at center)
- Spot metering (approx. 4% of viewfinder at center)
- Center-weighted average metering
- Metering Range: EV 1-20 (at 73°F/23°C with EF 50mm f/1.4 USM lens, ISO 100)
- Exposure Control
- (1) Program AE (shiftable)
- (2) Shutter-priority AE
- (3) Aperture-priority AE
- (4) Depth-of-field AE (A-DEP, non-shiftable)
- (5) Full Auto (Program AE, non-shiftable)
- (6) Programmed Image Control modes (6 modes)
- * Flash OFF, Portrait, Landscape, Close-up, Sports, Night Portrait
- (7) Manual exposure (including bulb)
- (8) E-TTL II autoflash program AE
- * Evaluative metering, Averaged metering
- ISO Speed (Recommended Exposure Index)
- ISO 100~6400 (in 1-stop increments), H: 12800
- Basic Zone modes: ISO 100~3200 set automatically
- Exposure Compensation: Manual: ±5 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments (can be combined with AEB)
- AE Lock
- (1) Auto AE lock
- * In the One-Shot AF mode with evaluative metering, AE lock takes effect when focus is achieved.
- (2) Manual AE lock
- * With AE lock button. (AE lock is updated each time you press the button.)
- Enabled in all metering modes.
- Type: Vertical-travel, mechanical, focal-plane shutter with all speeds electronically controlled
- Shutter Speeds
- 1/4000 sec. to 1/60 sec., X-sync at 1/200 sec.
- 1/4000 sec. to 30 sec., bulb (Total shutter speed range. Available range varies by shooting mode)
- Shutter Release: Soft-touch electromagnetic release
- Self-timer: 10-sec. or 2-sec. delay or 10-sec. delay plus continuous shooting
- Remote Control
- Remote Switch RS-60E3
- Remote Controller RC-1/RC-5/RC-6
- Type: Retractable, auto pop-up flash
- Flash Metering: E-TTL II autoflash
- Guide Number: 13/43 (ISO 100, in meters/feet)
- Recycling Time: Approx. 3 sec.
- Flash-ready Indicator: Flash-ready icon lights in viewfinder
- Flash Coverage: Up to 17mm lens focal length (equivalent to 27mm in 135 format)
- FE Lock: Provided
- Flash Exposure Compensation
- ±2 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
- Flash exposure compensation for built-in flash and Speedlite can be set with the camera.
- Drive Modes: Single, continuous, self-timer (10 sec. or 2 sec. delay)/remote control
- Continuous Shooting Speed: Max. 3.7 shots/sec. (with One-Shot AF or AI Servo AF)
- Maximum Burst
- JPEG (Large/Fine): Approx. 34, RAW: Approx. 6
- Based on Canon's testing standards with a 2GB SD memory card, ISO 100 and Standard Picture Style
- Varies depending on the subject, SD memory card brand, image-recording quality, etc.
Live View Functions
- Shooting Modes: Still photo shooting and video shooting
- Focusing: Autofocus (One-Shot AF): Live mode, Face Detection Live mode, Quick mode; Manual focus (5x or 10x manually)
- Metering Modes: Real-time evaluative metering with image sensor
- Metering Range: EV 0-20 (at 73°F/23°C with EF 50mm f/1.4 USM lens, ISO 100)
- Grid Display: Provided (Two grid displays)
- Exposure Simulation: Provided
- File Format: MOV (image data: H.264; audio: Linear PCM (with internal mic: monaural, with external mic: stereo))
- File Size: Recording Size: 1920 x 1080 (Full HD): 30p (29.97) / 24p (23.976) / 25p, 1280 x 720: 60p (59.94) / 50p, 640 x 480 (SD): 60p (59.94) / 50p), Movie Crop recording in 640 x 480
- Continuous Shooting Time
- Approx. 12 min. (1920 x 1080), 18 min. (1280 x 720), 24 min. (640 x 480)
- Based on Canon's testing standards using a 4GB card
- Focusing: Autofocus: Quick mode, Live mode, Face Detection Live mode; manual
- Exposure Control
- (1) Program AE for movie shooting
- * For shooting modes other than manual exposure.
- * Shutter speed (1/30 - 1/4000 sec., signal accumulation time), aperture, and ISO speed automatically set.
- (2) Manual exposure
- * For manual exposure.
- * Shutter speed (signal accumulation time), aperture, and ISO speed (auto/ manual) manually set. The shutter speed (signal accumulation time) is limited to 1/4000 sec. at the maximum and to 1/30 sec. at the minimum for 24/25/30 fps or 1/60 sec. or higher for 50/60 fps.
- Exposure Compensation: Up to ±3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
- * Possible only with autoexposure.
- Audio recording method
- (1) Internal monaural microphone
- (2) External stereo microphone jack
- * Recording level automatically adjusted.
- * Sampling frequency: 48 KHz, Bits: 16 bit x 2 ch
- * Compatible with a commercially-available external microphone with 3.5mm dia. stereo mini-jack.
- Video Playback: Playback, slow motion (variable speed possible), jump to first frame, previous frame, next frame, jump to last frame, cut out first or last, frame, and audio volume (6 levels, including mute).
- * The audio level when the camera is connected to a TV set is adjusted with the TV set.
- Type: TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor
- Monitor Size: 3.0 in.
- Dots: Approx. 1,040,000 dots (VGA)
- Approx. 100%
- Viewing angle: 160°
- Brightness Adjustment: 7 levels provided
- Interface Languages: English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Ukraine, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean and Japanese
- Display Format
- (1) Single image display
- - Two types of single-image full display and two types of shooting information display.
- (2) Index display
- - 4-image index and 9-index image.
- (3) Jump display
- - 10/100 images, shooting date, movies, stills
- Highlight Warning: Provided (Overexposed highlights blink)
Image Protection and Erase
- Protect: Erase protect (or cancel) each image individually
- Erase: Single image, selected images or all images in the SD card can be erased (except protected images)
- Compatible Printers: PictBridge-compatible printers
- Printable Images: JPEG images compliant to Design rule for Camera File System (DPOF printing possible) and RAW images captured with the EOS Rebel T2i
- Easy Print feature: Provided
DPOF: Digital Print Order Format
- DPOF: Version 1.1 compatible
Direct Image Transfer
- Compatible Images: JPEG and RAW images
- Only JPEG images can be transferred as wallpaper on the personal computer screen
- Custom Functions: Total 12
My Menu Registration: Up to 6 menus, Custom functions and other top-tier options can be registered
- USB Terminal: For personal computer communication and direct printing (USB 2.0 Hi-Speed)
- Video Out Terminal
- (1) Video OUT terminal: NTSC/PAL selectable
- (2) mini-HDMI OUT terminal
- One Battery Pack LP-E8
- AC power can be supplied via AC Adapter Kit ACK-E8
- With Battery Grip BG-E8, AA-size batteries can be used
- Number of Shots: Number of shots (approx.)
AE 50%, FA 50%
Live View shooting at 73°F/23°C
Live View shooting at 32°F/0°C
Movie Shooting Time
1 hr. 40 min.
1 hr. 20 min.
|The above figures apply with a fully-charged Battery Pack LP-E8.|
The figures above are based on CIPA (Camera & Imaging Products Association) testing standards.
- Battery Check: Auto
- Power Saving: Provided. Power turns off after 30 sec., 1, 2, 4, 8, 15 min.
- Date/Time Battery: Built-in secondary battery
- Start-up Time: Approx. 0.1 sec.
- Working Temperature Range: 32-104°F/0-40°C
- Working Humidity Range: 85% or less
- Width: 5.1"
- Height: 3.8"
- Depth: 3"
- Unit: 1.17 lbs
- Shipping: 2 lbs
- Manufacturers Warranty(authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts and Labor