Yamaha's latest Digital Sound Projector™ provides many great new features like HD Audio decoding, 1080p-compatible HDMI (4 in/1 out), IntelliBeam, numerous listening modes, UniVolume™ and yAired™ technology for iPod/iPhone and subwoofer.
- Dolby TRUE HD
Dolby® TrueHD is Dolby’s next-generation lossless technology developed for high-definition disc-based media. Dolby TrueHD delivers tantalizing sound that is bit-for-bit identical to the studio master, unlocking the true high-definition entertainment experience on next-generation discs. When coupled with high-definition video, Dolby TrueHD offers an unprecedented home theater experience that lets you enjoy sound as stunning as the high-definition picture.
- DTS HD Master Audio
DTS HD-Master Audio: DTS-HD Audio delivers sound quality that matches the clear and vivid images of high-definition video. Blu-ray and HD-DVD discs deliver five times the video resolution of standard DVD and produce images with stunning realism. But that's only half of the story. You need incredible sound to complete the high definition experience and DTS-HD Audio provides the highest quality multi-channel sound possible. Movies come alive with sound as lifelike as the picture, and music becomes as real as a live performance.
- Dolby Pro Logic IIx
Dolby Pro Logic IIx is an extension of Dolby Pro Logic II. This algorithm processes native stereo and 5.1-channel content to produce 6.1 or 7.1 output channels. Dolby Pro Logic IIx expands choice in playback system configuration (allowing 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1 playback channels) and, when incorporated into an A/V amplifier or receiver, allows a convenient upgrade path from a traditional 5.1-channel sound system to 7.1 output channels.
- DTS Digital Surround (New)
The basic DTS 5.1 channel sound format. Uses a higher data rate than Dolby Digital.
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is the first and only industry-supported, uncompressed, all-digital audio/video interface. With the ability to deliver crystal-clear, all-digital audio and video via a single cable, HDMI dramatically simplifies cabling and helps provide consumers with the highest-quality home theater experience. HDMI can provide an interface between any audio/video source, such as a set-top box, DVD player, or A/V receiver and an audio and/or video monitor, such as a digital television (DTV), over a single cable. Depending on the model of product, HDMI can support standard, enhanced, or high-definition video, plus multi-channel digital audio on a single cable . It can transmit all ATSC HDTV standards and supports 8-channel, 192kHz, uncompressed digital audio and all currently-available compressed formats (such as Dolby Digital and DTS), newer HDMI devices can support HDMI 1.3 technology which adds additional support for new lossless digital audio formats Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™. (view the Specifications of each product for details on HDMI compatibility)
A Sirius-Ready audio system lets you access your favorite SIRIUS Satellite Radio entertainment, including 100% commercial-free music, plus sports, uncensored talk, comedy, exclusive entertainment, world-class news and more, directly through your audio system with the use of an optional SIRIUS ConnectT Home Tuner kit. This product has a simple connector that allows you to plug the SIRIUS ConnectT kit and use the controls of this system to access all the content you want. Subscription and SIRIUS ConnectT Home Tuner (SC-H1) are required and sold separately.
- Made For iPod
The Made for iPod logo indicates that the product is equipped with the ability to connect your iPod to this product. With this feature you can listen to your music and operate the iPod via the product’s remote control while at the same time charging the battery on your iPod. Depending on your product’s specifications, some will allow you to use the On-Screen Display feature on your video monitor to navigate your music. Some products can even allow you to view your photos and movies from your iPod on your video monitor (view the Specifications of each product for iPod playback compatibility)
- Works With iPhone
Look for the "Works with iPhone" logo to find electronic accessories designed to connect specifically to iPhone and certified by the developer to meet Apple performance standards.
- CINEMA DSP Digital
Conventional multichannel audio reproduction systems base their sound on Dolby Digital and DTS decoding, using matrix and steering technologies to create surround sound effects. Yamaha CINEMA DSP is much more advanced, actually creating richly realized independent sound fields that envelop you in an unmatched surround sound experience. With dialogue, music and effects from ideally located in these separate sound fields, you will hear sound with accurate placement, smooth movement, exceptional clarity and richness, and startlingly realistic presence. It will seem as if the walls of your room have disappeared and you are in the middle of your own immense theater! The decoding circuitry performs Dolby Pro Logic IIx, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, DTS Digital Surround, DTS-ES (DTS-ES Matrix 6.1 and DTS-ES Discrete 6.1), DTS Neo:6 and DTS 96/24 decoding with extreme accuracy, as well as all digital sound field processing.
Each sound beam is precisely directed. Total sound beam effect is optimized. Frequency response and other parameters are optimized for the room.
- Compressed Music Enhancer
Yamaha employs sophisticated digital signal processing with exclusive algorithms to enable playback that improves the performance of compressed music formats, including MP3 and WMA. With the Compressed Music Enhancer, highs and especially lows are richer and smoother, bringing music back to life to be as close to the original as possible.
yAired is a Yamaha original wireless technology that offers many benefits, such as: Simple, convenient operation – unlike bluetooth products, no pairing is needed Wireless operation – Remote control with auto power on and volume control Enjoy superior sound quality – uncompressed wireless audio transmission (linear PCM) Real–time communication – Audio and Video synchronization
UniVolume is a Yamaha-developed technology that maintains a consistent volume level between different channels, programs, commercials and input sources. For instance, when watching TV while using UniVolume, the volume of commercials will not be louder than the program being viewed. The same is true when switching sources to watch a DVD or Blu-ray movie or to listen to music on CD. This is particularly helpful for late night watching and listening when spikes in volume can disturb others in the house or apartment building.
- True HD Surround Sound
- HD Audio format decoding: Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio; Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio
- Versatile listening modes, including 7-channel output capability
- Sensational multi-channel sound from BDs, DVDs and other digital sources
- 11 CINEMA DSP programs: 3 Movie, 3 Music and 5 Entertainment
- Elegant, Space-Saving Design
- Built-In DSP, Speakers and Digital Amplifiers
- No need for additional speakers and cables
- Can be wall-mounted or placed on a shelf or rack
- Design is more elegant, less obtrusive than multiple speaker boxes
- Thinner than previous models, matching the latest slim flat screen TVs
- Advanced Features
- Analog video to HDMI digital video upconversion
- 1080p-compatible HDMI (4 in/1 out) with Deep Color, X.V Color, Auto Lip-Sync and CEC functionality
- IntelliBeam Automated System Calibration
- yAired™ Technology for wireless transmission of uncompressed data
- UniVolume keeps volume during TV programs and commercials at the same level
- iPod/iPhone connectability via included wireless transmitter
- Built-in FM tuner and SIRIUS Satellite Radio Ready
- Adaptive DRC, Music Enhancer and Bass Extension
- Custom Installation functions (RS-232C/IR in/IR pass through out/Extended IR)
- Preset Remote Control
- HD Audio Decoding
- The YSP-4100 ensures that you hear the best possible sound from Blu-ray Disc players, as well as from all other digital sources. It is capable of decoding the two lossless HD Audio formats (Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio) as well as the two lossy formats (Dolby Digital Plus and DTS HD High Resolution).
- Versatile Listening Modes
- The YSP-4100 achieves true surround sound by directing sound beams off the walls to reach the listener from various angles. The main mode is 5 BeamPlus2 for 7-channel sources. In addition, there is a wide variety of other listening modes. You can select 3 Beam + Stereo + 2, 5 Beam, 3 Beam + Stereo, 3 Beam or Stereo, depending on the type of source and your room acoustics.
- Digital Sound Projector™ Technology
- The YSP-4100 applies this sophisticated technology to precisely control the orientation of the sound by focusing it through multiple beams. The center channel sound is heard directly, while sounds from other channels are heard after reflecting off walls. The result is true multi-channel surround sound that sounds just like a multi-speaker system – but without the need for extra speakers!
- Elegant, Space-Saving Design
Built-In DSP, Speakers And Digital Amplifiers
This slim unit has everything necessary for projecting true surround sound built-in: DSP for Digital Signal Processor, 40 beam drivers, two woofers, two tweeters and digital amplifiers. The two built-in tweeters ensure high stereo sound quality. No other receiver, amplifier or speakers are necessary, making the system extremely compact and economical. This also makes it handy for use in a different room (zone) in a custom multi-zone system. What's more, the shape is even thinner (3 1/2” depth) than previous models.
- 1080p-Compatible HDMI (4 In/1 Out)
The YSP-4100 provides HDMI connections (4 in/1 out) with support for 1080p resolution. You can connect multiple HDMI sources and enjoy the highest possible video quality when using a 1080p monitor. It is also capable of repeating 1080p/24fps signals from HDMI input to output, maintaining the superior image quality from Blu-ray Disc players and HDTV set top boxes. HDMI also provides the benefits of Deep Color, x.v.Color and Auto Lip-Sync.
- Video Upconversion
The YSP-4100 provides upconversion of video composite and component signals to HDMI. The signal can then be output via a single HDMI cable to a monitor for enjoying high-definition video quality.
- IntelliBeam Automated System Calibration
This Yamaha exclusive feature ensures optimum multi-channel sound reproduction with accurate image location. By monitoring and analyzing the sound with the microphone included with the YSP-4100, IntelliBeam automatically sets the best beam angles, while optimizing the level and frequency response of each beam. It also offers Direct Start function via remote unit. This makes initial setup both extremely simple and acoustically perfect.
This welcome feature, made possible by Yamaha-developed technology, maintains a consistent volume level between different channels, programs, commercials and input sources. It can be switched on and off.
- HDMI CEC Functionality
When the YSP-4100 is connected to a CECcompatible TV, such as a Panasonic VIERA Link TV, the YSP-4100 will turn on and off together with the TV, also allowing you to use the TV remote unit to control the YSP-4100 volume. With CEC engaged, signals will pass through the YSP-4100 even if it is off. CEC also provides advanced functionality with other components.
- Music Enhancer
When music is encoded into a digitally compressed format like MP3, the frequency response suffers. This function restores what was lost, so your music always sounds the way it should.