Sony High Definition 16 GB Flash Memory Handycam Silver Camcorder - HDRCX300
Capture stunning 1920 x 1080 high-definition video and 7 megapixel still images with the HDR-CX300, which employs an "Exmor R" CMOS sensor for superior low-light performance and 16GB1 of embedded flash memory. Optical SteadyShot™ image stabilization with Active Mode and 3-way Shake Canceling enables you to capture remarkably smooth video from wide angle to full telephoto shooting.
- 1920x1080 Full HD Recording : 1920 x 1080 high definition resolution lets you record your memories in exceptional Sony® Full High Definition quality2. Capable of 1080/60p playback via HDMI™ and compatible HDTV4 providing stunning clarity and incredibly detailed playback of your memories.
- 7 megapixel still image capture w/ Dual Record : 7 megapixel still image capture lets you take stunning, high resolution digital photos while the Dual record capability lets you capture 3.5 MP still images while shooting high definition video, so you can capture those special moments without having to switch recording modes.
- 16GB1 embedded Flash memory : The built-in 16GB1 embedded Flash memory can record and store up to 6.5 hours of high definition video footage (HD LP mode), or up to 4 hours of standard definition footage (SD HQ mode).
- 1/4” ”Exmor R” CMOS Sensor : A 1/4” "Exmor R" CMOS image sensor delivers bright, vivid, spectacularly detailed video footage, as well as 7 megapixel still images. With 3.5 megapixel (effective) video resolution, the image sensor captures video at a higher density of high definition resolution resulting in a sharper and more detailed 1920 x 1080 HD picture.
- Back-illuminated "Exmor R" CMOS sensor: : Experience stunning low-light sensitivity with improved image clarity and drastically reduced grain with the newly developed, back-illuminated "Exmor R" sensor. Designed for compact cameras and camcorders, the "Exmor R" sensor relocates the photo diodes above the support circuitry, maximizing the light-gathering area per pixel so you can shoot with better results in lower lighting conditions.
- Optical SteadyShot™ image stabilization with Active Mode (Wide to Tele) : Optical SteadyShot™ image stabilization with Active Mode compensates for greater degrees of camera shake to deliver stunningly smooth video from wide angle to full telephoto shooting. In addition, innovative 3-Way Shake-Canceling adds electronic roll stability for even smoother video capture.
- Wide Angle G-Lens (27.4mm) with 12x Optical zoom : Experience the pinnacle of Sony® lens technology with the professional-quality G Lens. Engineered for superior optical performance, Sony G lenses deliver brilliant, accurate color reproduction and sharp, amazingly detailed images. In addition, a short, 27.4mm focal length offers a broader perspective for enhanced wide angle shooting in photo mode and 29.8mm in video mode
- 2x faster Quick AF : With the new and improved autofocus (AF) system, Quick AF, the focusing speed is twice as fast compared to previous models. Whether in bright daylight or in dimly lit environment, Quick AF ensures fast, accurate, and consistent focus lock, enabling users to shoot in a wide range of scenes without missing any important moment. Especially when shooting night scenes where conventional AF might struggle to focus, thanks to the much improved AF algorithm in Quick AF, users can now capture crisp images, fast.
- 1080/60p playback : 1080/60p playback via HDMI™ and compatible HDTV4 providing stunning clarity and incredibly detailed playback of your memories.
- Direct Copy to External HDD13 : Store your memories in a whole new way with the ability to copy videos from your camcorder directly to an external hard disk drive13 (sold separately), all without a computer. Your camcorder can also access videos stored on the external hard drive for playback on your HDTV, allowing you to utilize the camcorder’s handy playback features.
- Face Detection w/ Face Priority : With Face Priority, your camcorder optimizes focus, color, exposure, and Smile Shutter™ technology for the face you prioritize. Just touch the preferred face on the LCD display and the camcorder will assign it priority, even if it leaves and returns to the frame.
- Smile Shutter™ technology : Smile Shutter™ technology lets the camcorder automatically take still photos when your subject smiles, even while shooting high definition video. You can also set the sensitivity and choose child, adult, or auto priority.
- 2.7” Clear Photo™ LCD (230 K) display3 : The 2.7” Clear Photo™ LCD (230 K) display3 renders sharp, bright images at a high 230k pixels resolution, letting you compose and share video and still images more easily – even outdoors.
- Intelligent Auto (10 iAuto modes) : Intelligent Auto mode goes a step beyond traditional auto modes by analyzing your shot and then automatically selecting the appropriate settings from ten distinct scene modes (90 different combinations possible): Portrait Mode, Smile Shutter, Backlight Control, Scenery, Night Scenery Mode, High Sensitivity Mode, Macro Mode, Baby Mode, Walk Detection, Tripod, and Low Light Mode.
- Golf Shot : Building on the slow-motion capture capabilities of Smooth Slow Record, Golf Shot captures a few seconds of motion as a sequence of up to 22 still images, which can be viewed/printed individually or as a composite “sequence shot” image, perfect for analyzing the nuances of a golf swing, tennis serve, and other fast action.
- 12X Optical / 160X Digital Zoom : 12X optical zoom helps to bring the action close up from far away. In addition, Digital Zoom Interpolation means that digital zooming (up to 160X) is clearer, with less distortion than previous types of digital zoom.
- Power On by opening LCD display: : Power on your camcorder by simply opening the LCD display.
- Personalized "My Menu" System : New user friendly interface uses touch screen technology to allow users to scroll through menus quickly and easily and even create a personalized “My Menu” to bring together the functions they use most. Users can spend more time recording memories and less time in menus.
- Dolby® Digital stereo recording with Built-in Zoom Mic: : The Dolby® Digital stereo recording with built-in zoom microphone focuses audio recording on your subjects with the camera's zoom lens, helping memories ring true with clear dialogue and crisp, discrete sounds.
- Highlight Playback with Highlight Scenario playback : Why spend hours editing your movies when you can let your camcorder do it for you? Highlight Playback uses several criteria - including Face Index, Smile Shutter™ technology, Dual Capture and time range - to identify and compile key scenes into a short, entertaining movie complete with music and transitions.
- Film Roll Index: : Like chapters in a book, Film Roll Index helps you easily find desired scenes in video footage. When using this feature, the camcorder previews the beginning of scenes and can create scene indexes set at specified display intervals (3, 6, or 12 seconds and 1 or 5 minutes).
- Face Index function: : Face Index makes it easier than ever to find and play back the right video scene. Using Face Detection technology, Face Index indexes your video footage according to the faces detected in each scene. When it’s time to play back video, simply search for what you want by selecting from among the detected faces displayed in the index.
- Hybrid Recording to Flash memory or Memory Stick Duo™ media: : Hybrid recording technology delivers a new level of flexibility of capturing and transferring your video footage and digital photos from the camcorder to compatible viewing devices. Record to 16GB1 of internal flash memory or choose instead to record to removable Memory Stick PRO Duo™ media (sold separately).
- Dual Record with 3.5MP still image capture: : Dual record capability lets you capture 3.5MP still images while shooting high definition video, so you can capture those special moments without having to switch recording modes.
- Includes Sony® PMB (Picture Motion Browser) software: : Sony Picture Motion Browser software offers a simple, intuitive way to transfer, sort, and view your video and still images on your compatible PC. In addition, multiple output options let you burn your memories to DVD, AVCHD, and Blu-ray Disc™ media (sold separately), as well as take advantage of one click upload to a number of popular video and photo sharing sites (compatible PC and internet connection required) 9.
- Smooth Slow Record: : The Smooth Slow Record mode increases the record rate from 60 frames per second (fps) to 240 fps, allowing you to capture 3 seconds of fast motion and play the video back in 12 seconds. This is a great tool for analyzing a golf swing or a viewing a bird in flight. In addition, you record an audio track to narrate the video footage.
- x.v. Color™ technology for superior color: : x.v. Color™ technology enables the HDR-CX300V to capture nearly twice (1.8x) as many viewable colors as the standard RGB color range, resulting in more natural, life-like images. You can even experience this expanded color range on the big screen when you connect your camcorder to x.v. Color capable displays, including a wide range of Sony® BRAVIA® HDTVs.
- BIONZ™ Image Processor: : The BIONZ™ Image Processor works in conjunction with the "Exmor R" CMOS image sensor with ClearVid™ array technology for pristine imaging. The BIONZ image processor provides Data Noise Reduction, Faster Image processing, and Data compression to preserve videos and images. In addition, the BIONZ™ image processor enables Face Detection technology and Sony’s Dynamic Range Optimizer for both video and still image capture. The higher processing speed also allows Dual Recording to capture still images while recording video.
- Record and zoom controls on LCD: : The HDR-CX300 features an additional set of record and zoom buttons on the LCD screen, give you more control and flexibility when holding the camcorder, especially in overhead or low angle shots.
- BRAVIA® Sync™ technology: : BRAVIA® Sync™ technology5 offers greater ease of use in controlling compatible Sony products connected via an HDMI™ (CEC) connection5. HDMI connectivity provides a simple; high-quality video and audio connection, with the ability to transmit HD video and up to 5.1 channel audio directly from the camcorder to compatible HDTVs via a single HDMI cable, sold separately. With BRAVIA Sync (CEC) technology, the HDMI connection also delivers the ability to control both the camcorder and HDTV using a single BRAVIA® TV remote5 and displays the camcorder’s playback menu on screen for easier navigation.
- Dynamic Range Optimizer: : The D-Range (Dynamic Range) Optimizer function adjusts the exposure and contrast of an image to counter the effects of high-contrast shooting condition, allowing for a great shot. The D-Range Optimizer suppresses “blackout” in dark areas such as shadows and “whiteout” in bright areas such as skies. As a result, the captured image appears as natural as the original scene.
- Active Interface Shoe: : The Active Interface Shoe lets you mount Intelligent Accessories, such as external lights and microphones, which can help extend the capabilities of your camcorder.
- Built-in Intelligent Flash: : For added clarity and detail when taking pictures in low-light situations, the built-in flash improves pictures and reduces shadows.
- Auto Lens Cover: : An Auto Lens Cover protects the lens when the camcorder is powered off.
- HDMI™ connection: : The High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) is a compact audio/video connector interface for transmitting uncompressed digital streams. HDMI connects digital audio/video sources such as a compatible camcorder, Blu-ray Disc™ player, a personal computer, a video game console, or an AV receiver to a compatible digital audio device and/or video monitor such as a digital television (DTV).
- Media Card Slot : For convenient storage and sharing of your images and videos, the camera accepts Memory Stick Duo™ / Memory Stick PRO Duo™ / Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo™ media (sold separately) and SD/SDHC media.
- USB 2.0 interface: : A USB 2.0 interface provides an easy way to connect your camcorder to a compatible PC for fast transfer of video and still images for editing.
- Recording Format : Dolby® Digital 2ch stereo
- Microphone : Built-in Zoom Microphone
- Face Detection : Yes
- Image Stabilization : Optical SteadyShot™ image stabilization w/ Active mode (Wide to Tele)
- Low Light Capability : Yes
- Smile Shutter™ technology : Yes
- Dynamic Range Optimizer : Yes
- Quick On : Power On by LCD
- x.v.Color™ : Yes
- Removable Flash Media Compatibility : Memory Stick PRO Duo™ MARK2 Media and SD/SDHC (Class 4) media (Sold Separately)
- Dual Record : 3.5 megapixel
- Face Index : Yes
- Film Roll Index : Yes
- Still Image Mode(s) : JPEG
- Hybrid : Yes
- Fader Effect(s) : Black, White
- Exposure : Yes (Touch Panel)
- Scene Mode(s) : Auto, Twilight, Sunrise & Sunset, Fireworks, Landscape, Portrait, Spotlight, Beach, Snow
- Photo Capture from Movie : Yes
- Slide Show Mode : Yes
- Accessory Shoe : Yes (Active Interface Shoe)
- Direct Copy : Yes
- Golf Shot : Yes
- Intelligent Auto : Yes (Auto, Landscape, Backlight, Twilight, Spotlight, Low light, Macro,Portrait, Baby, Walk, Tripod)
- White Balance : Auto, Outdoor, Indoor, One Push (via Touch panel)
- Multiple Language Display : Yes
- BRAVIA® Sync™ : Yes
- LCD Screen : 2.7” Clear Photo™ LCD (230 K) display3
- Imaging Device : 1/4" "Exmor R" CMOS sensor
- Processor : BIONZ™ image processor
- Pixel Gross : 4200K
- Video Actual : 2650K Pixels (16:9), 1990K Pixels (4:3)
- Video Resolution : 1920 x 1080
- Still Actual : 26500K Pixels (16:9), 3540K Pixels (4:3)
- Still Picture Resolution : 7 megapixel
- Recording Media : 16GB Embedded Flash Memory Memory Stick PRO Duo™
- Media and SD/SDHC (Class 4) media (Sold Separately)
- Recording and Playback Times : 16GB Flash: High Definition: FX = up to 85 min., FH = up to 115 min., HQ = up to 230 min., LP = up to 395 min. Standard Definition: HQ = up to 235 min.
- Light/Flash : Yes
- Manual / Auto Lens Cover : Auto
- Media Card slot : Memory Stick PRO Duo™ Media and SD/SDHC (Class 4) media
- S/S & Zoom button on LCD : Yes
Inputs and Outputs
- Audio/Video Remote Terminal : Video / S Video / Audio / Component Out / Remote
- Analog Audio/Video Output(s) : Included (via A/V Remote Terminal)
- Digital Audio/Video Output(s) : HDMI
- USB Port(s) : Hi-speed (2.0 compliant)
- Component Video (Y/Pb/Pr) Output(s) : Supplied (via A/V Remote jack)
- HDMI™ Connection Output(s) : Yes (mini)
- S-Video Output(s) : Sold separately (via A/V Remote jack)
- Active Interface Shoe : Yes
- Lens Type : G Lens™
- 35mm Equivalent : 29.8 - 357.6mm (16:9), 36.5 - 438mm (4:3)
- Aperture : F1.8-3.4 Digital Zoom : 160x
- Filter Diameter : 30mm
- Focal Distance : 2.9 - 34.8mm
- Focus : Full range Auto / Manual (Touch Panel)
- Shutter Speed : Scene Selection, 1/8-1/1000; STD, 1/60-1/1000; LOW LUX, 1/30-1/1000; Smooth Slow Rec., 1/240-1/1000
- Minimum Illumination : STD, 11 lux (1/60 Shutter Speed); LOW LUX, 3 lux (Auto Slow Shutter ON, 1/30 Shutter Speed)
- Optical Zoom : 12x
- Resolution : 7 megapixel
- Battery Type : InfoLITHIUM® with AccuPower™ Meter System (NP-FV50)
- Power Requirements : 7.2V (battery pack); 8.4V (AC Adaptor)
- Power Consumption (in Operation) : 3.3W
- Supplied Software : PMB Ver.5.0 Supports Windows XP Service Pack3 (SP3)(32bit)/Windows Vista SP2/Windows 7.Not supported by Mac OS.
- Operating System Compatibility : "Windows XP SP3 * /Windows Vista SP2 ** / Windows7 * 64-bit editions and Starter (Edition) are not supported.The Windows Image Mastering API(IMAPI)Ver.2.0 or later is required to use the function for creating discs. ** Starter (Edition) are not supported. Standard installation is required. Operation is not assured if the above OS has been upgraded or in a multi-boot environment. "
- Format : HD: MPEG4 AVC/H.264; SD: MPEG2
- Video Signal : HD: 1920 x 1080/60i; SD: NTSC color, EIA standards
- Height: 2.13"
- Width: 2.63"
- Depth: 4.5"
- Without Battery: 0.6 lbs
- With Battery: 0.75 lbs
- Shipping: 2 lbs
- Manufacturers Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts, 90 Days Labor