Energy Star Rated - No
Sharp Plasmacluster Air Purifier with Humidifying Function - KC850U
Sharp’s new Plasmacluster Air Purifiers with humidifying function offer a unique combination of air treatment technologies to make you and your family more comfortable, whatever the season. Bacteria, germs, mold spores, pollen, pet dander, smoke, dust and odors can make breathing harder, especially for asthma and allergy suffers. These air purifiers help remove these irritants from the air that passes through it with an ultra quiet fan that draws air through a three-stage filter system. Plus, their revolutionary Plasmacluster Ion Technology actively refreshes the air. For an even more comfortable environment, when the Pasmacluster Air Purifier is on, its sensors constantly monitor the air quality in your room, adjusting the fan for air purity while providing the optimum humidity level. This combination of features is a smart way to choose cleaner, healthier, more breathable air.
- New Humidification Function adds humidity to the air for more comfortable air quality, especially in colder weather. It also helps reduce static electricity that results from dry air.
- Front Display shows Plasmacluster operation, dust monitor and humidity level.
- True HEPA Filter captures 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns from the air that passes through it, including pollen, mold, pet dander and dust.
- Plasmacluster Technology splits water molecules into positively and negatively charged ions which spread throughout the room. This system effectively refreshes the air similiar to the way nature cleans the environment near waterfalls or just after a thunderstorm.
- Clean Sign Indicator shows the level of impurities in the air passing through the filter so it’s easy to see the progress as healthier, cleaner air is returned into the room.
- Manual Operation lets the user choose among 3 fan speeds and the Quick Clean mode.
- Automatic Operation uses sensors to automatically adjust fan speed for the degree of cleaning and/or humidification required.
- Library Quiet™ operation is ideal for bedrooms and living rooms. Silent Mode is as quiet as 22 decibels, about the volume of rustling leaves. The KC-850U is among the quietest Air Purifiers with a true HEPA filter available anywhere.
- Energy Efficient operation means it’s easy on the wallet. With its advanced technologies, it is 35% more energy-efficient than standard models, making it ENERGY STAR qualified. So it can operate all the time, saving money while improving the quality of the air.
- Ultra Long Life HEPA Filters require changing only once every five years* so operating costs are low.
- Stylish Design looks great in any home or office.
* Depending on use and room conditions
- Air Purification System: Plasmacluster and Fan
- Plasmacluster Ion Mode: On / Off
- Plasmacluster Indicator Light: Yes
- Micron Mesh Pre-Filter: Yes
- Washable Deodorizing Filter: Yes (Replaceable, lasts up to 5 years)
- True HEPA Filter: Yes (Replaceable, lasts up to 5 years)
- Indicator for Time To Clean Filter: Yes
- Humidification System: Natural Vaporization
- Tank Capacity: 7.7 pints
- Humidification Filter: Yes (Replaceable, lasts up to 2 years)
- Sensor / Display: Yes; Display monitors dust and humidity levels
- Quick Clean: Yes
- Clean Sign Indicator: Yes
- Lights ON/OFF Button: Yes
- Manual Operation: Yes; Humidity On / Off
- Fan Speeds: 3 (Max / Med / Low) and Auto with Sensor
- Voltage / Frequency: 120V / 60Hz
- Recommended Room Size: 254 sq. ft. (approx. 14’ x 18’)
- CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) (cubic feet of air cleaned per minute): Dust 164 / Smoke 164 / Pollen 174
- Noise Levels: Max / Med / Low (dB): Air Purifier Only 51 / 34 / 17 Air Purifier with Humidifier 51 / 34 / 23
- Safety Standard: UL / cUL Listed
- ENERGY STAR Qualified: Yes
- Height: 23.13"
- Width: 14.88"
- Depth: 10.50"
- Unit: 20.5 lbs
- Shipping: 22 lbs
- Manufacturer's Warranty (Authorized Online Retailer): 1 Year Warranty