Onkyo HT Ultra Compact HD Black Home Theater System - HTX22HDX
The Ideal Compact Partner for Your Flat-Screen Display
Movies and games look great on today’s widescreen TVs. But let’s face it, the audio from your typical flat-panel display leaves a lot to be desired. That’s where the HTX-22HDX steps in. In its basic 2.1-channel configuration, the HTX-22HDX gives you a combo subwoofer and A/V receiver plus two front speakers for stunning mid- and high-range audio. Connections? Check. Three HDMI® 1.4 inputs let you hook up a Blu-ray player, console, and cable/sat tuner. HDMI 1.4 is not only compatible with upcoming 3D video, it also lets you run an Audio Return Channel from your display’s tuner back to the receiver. Audio processing? Check. The HTX-22HDX handles HD formats from DTS and Dolby; offers four distinct audio modes for gaming; and includes Onkyo’s very own Theater-Dimensional. The latter creates an immersive and convincing surround effect through just 2.1 channels. Meantime, a new on-screen display makes it easier to adjust settings on the fly, so you can get back to the action sooner.
HDMI® 1.4 Support for 3D Video and Audio Return Channel
The three HDMI 1.4 inputs on the HTX-22HDX let you simultaneously connect high-def sources such as a Blu-ray player, a gaming console, and a cable/satellite tuner. A single output then sends a pristine signal to your connected highresolution display. As the latest version of this connector, HDMI 1.4 adds the exciting possibilities of 3D video and an Audio Return Channel. 3D video is the next big thing in home entertainment, with movie, game, and broadcast content on the increase and 3D-compatible TVs on the near horizon. HDMI 1.4 also offers the convenience of an Audio Return Channel. Audio content received directly by your HDTV’s tuner can be sent “upstream” to the A/V receiver, without the need for a separate S/PDIF audio cable.
Decoding of High-Definition Surround-Sound Codecs
The HTX-22HDX can decode Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™— two lossless formats that enable delivery of a bit-for-bit soundtrack identical to the studio master track. These codecs, previously available only on mid-range and high-end receivers, take advantage of the high data capacity of the Blu-ray format.
Four Game Modes for More Realistic Action
These four gaming modes create an audio experience with more realism and impact. Select from Rock, Sports, Action, or RPG (Role Playing Game) modes to match your gaming content.
Convenient Overlaid On-Screen Display via HDMI
Changing your A/V receiver’s settings is now more seamless than ever, thanks to the HTX-22HDX’s new overlaid On-Screen Display (OSD) feature. On-screen set-up menus appear overlaid on the video image you’re watching. This means you can adjust the settings immediately, without having to switch back and forth from a blank screen background.
VLSC (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry) for Noise-Free Audio Signals
The HTX-22HDX employs Onkyo’s proprietary VLSC on both front channels to mitigate the effect of signal noise. Used in digital-to-analog conversion, this circuit converts bit data between two discrete sampling points, which are then joined with analog vectors to produce a smooth output wave form. The result—a noiseless, smooth analog signal based on the digital source.
Immersive Surround Sound from Just Two Speakers
Onkyo’s Theater-Dimensional circuitry streamlines the conventional surroundspeaker set-up by allowing you to experience the excitement of surround sound from as few as two standard speakers. What’s more, it also offers multi-speaker modes that you can use if you augment the HTX-22HDX with extra center and surround speakers. To save space, you can place up to five speakers beside the TV and still enjoy impressively realistic virtual surround sound.
HTX-22HDXPAW 5.1-Channel Amplifier with Built-in Subwoofer
- 25 Watts per Channel (FL/FR/C/SL/SR) at 6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 1%, 1 Channel Driven, FTC; 60 Watts (Subwoofer) at 3 Ohms, 100 Hz, 1 Channel Driven, FTC
- HDMI® (Version 1.4 to Support 3D and Audio Return Channel) with Deep Color™, x.v.Color™, LipSync, Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio™, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD, Multichannel PCM, and CEC
- Audio and 1080p Video Processing via HDMI (3 Inputs and 1 Output)
- Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio™, Dolby® Digital Plus, DTS-HD High-Resolution Audio™ Decoding
- VLSC (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry)
- Burr-Brown 192 kHz/24-Bit DACs (PCM1690) for All Channels
- Jitter-Cleaning Circuit Technology
- Overlaid On-Screen Display (OSD) via HDMI
- EX.Bass for Deeper, More Dynamic Bass
- 4 DSP Modes for Gaming: Rock, Sports, Action, and RPG (Role Playing Game)
- Theater-Dimensional Virtual Surround Function
- Music Optimizer™ for Compressed Digital Music Files
- Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry
- Advanced 32-Bit Processing DSP Chip
- 3 Digital Inputs (2 Optical and 1 Coaxial)
- 2 Audio Inputs
- Auto Power On/Off Function
- RIHD (Remote Interactive over HDMI) for System Control
- Compatible with RI (Remote Interactive) Dock for iPod
- Remote Control
- 6 1/2½ (16 cm) Cone
HTX-22HDXST Full-Range Bass Reflex Speakers
- 3 1/4½ (8 cm) Cone
- Max. Input Power: 40 W
- Impedance: 6 ohms
- Frequency Response: 70 Hz–20 kHz
- Magnetically Shielded
- Gloss Finished
5.1-Channel Amplifier with Built-in Subwoofer
- Power Output
- 25 W/Ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 1%, 1 channel driven, FTC)
- Subwoofer 60 W (3 ohms, 100 Hz, 1 channel driven, FTC)
- Frequency Response Subwoofer
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio
- 105 dB (Line, Direct mode, IHF-A)
- Speaker Impedance
- Speaker Driver
- Power Supply
- Power Consumption
- Width: 8.56"
- Height: 13.25"
- Depth: 12.19"
- Speaker Type
- Output Sound Pressure Level
- Frequency Response
- Width: 4.50"
- Height: 6.31"
- Depth: 4.38"
- Speaker cables
- Optical digital audio cable
- Power cord
- Speaker spacers
- Instruction manual
- Remote controller
- AA (R6) batteries x 2
- Carton Width: 16.06"
- Carton Height: 24.31"
- Carton Depth: 11.94"
- Unit: 23 lbs
- Shipping: 29 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): Two Years Parts and Labor
- Extended Service Warranty Available: Click the warranty tab above for details