Polk Audio Atrium 4 All Weather Outdoor Black Loudspeaker - ATRIUM4BLK (Sold As Pair)
No matter how you like to play outdoors, there's an Atrium Loudspeaker that loves to play and play and play and play and play.
The Atrium 4 meets our newly established weatherproof standards, nor does it compromise on sonic performance. The Atrium 4's high quality driver and tweeter deliver an impressively big sound from a very small package. Yet its compact size makes it ideal for tight, out-of-way installations. By the pool, around the kitchen, tucked away in the family den or filling the backyard with great sound. Like our bigger Atriums, the Atrium4 is built rugged to deliver years of great performance fall, winter, spring and summer.
NEW Speed-Lock? Mounting System for easy, safe one-handed installations even in difficult locations. The greatly simplified mounting procedure means fewer parts to "juggle." Simply mount the bracket and click the speaker into place. Aim it and tighten it down, and fini! Outdoor convenience, indoor sound quality! New bracket also has a 45-degree down angle. Why adjust a speaker to a 45-degree angle, when we can design a mounting bracket that lets you install the speaker at that angle permanently? It's another feature of Atrium's new mounting system and a simple, elegant solution.
Superior Polk Audio Technologies
A Polk perfected method of analyzing a speaker's microscopic behavior with laser Interferometry. Polk engineers can tune out unwanted resonance and distortion with the right combination of materials, geometry and construction techniques. This brings you pure, distortion-free sound.
By using a state-of-the-art Klippel Distortion Analyzer, Polk engineers were able to optimize the woofer's motor structure, voice coil alignment and suspension bringing you the best possible performance even at extreme listening levels. Click here for a technical explanation.
- 4 1/2" (11.43cm) long-throw mineral-filled polypropylene cone driver with butyl rubber surround pumps out surprising bass response from a compact design.
- 3/4" (19mm) anodized aluminum dome tweeter with rubber surround and neodymium magnet for better power handling and smoother response.
- Broad coverage baffle design, adapted and applied from our current Atrium design but with subtle improvements in the new Atrium Series. You want to fill a large open outdoor space with big, full-range sound, The new Atrium Series has a more steeply-angled baffle design that maximizes critical mid- and high-frequency dispersion over a large area, without sacrificing the detail.
- Polk Audio All-Weather Certified, Atrium Series speakers exceed baseline industrial and military specifications for environmental endurance (ASTM D5894-UV Salt Fog, Mil Standard 810 Immersion, Mil-Std 883 Method 1009.8 for salt and corrosion.) Certification means Atrium Speakers can effortlessly withstand the worst Mother Nature can dish out, whether its extreme temps or heavy rains. With Certification like this, your kitchen or bathroom installation is a cakewalk for Polk Audio All-Weather speakers.
- Durable, mineral-filled polypropylene cabinet design, with molded-in bracing, sounds like a real speaker (not "an outdoor speaker"), and survives years of seasonal changes, for truly great sound, no matter what the weather.
- Patented Dynamic Balance and Klippel Optimization technologies ensure the perfect material performance, eliminating driver and tweeter "artifacts" for more realistic sound reproduction at high and low volume levels.
- Aluminum grilles and bracket, with stainless steel and brass hardware: No rust. Ever.
- Gold-plated 5-way binding posts for the most secure, dependable hookups.
- Available in durable, weatherproof black or white paintable finishes.
- Overall Frequency Response 75Hz-25kHz
- Nominal Impedance 8 ohms
- Recommended Amplifier Power 10-80 w/channel
- Efficiency 89 dB
- Inputs Gold-plated 5-way Binding Posts
- Mounting Options 180-degree Speed-Lock Mounting System
- Enclosure Type Sealed
- Height: 8.63"
- Width: 5.69"
- Depth: 6.69"
- Unit: 3.6 lbs each (pair)
- Shipping: 9.5lbs
- Manufacturer's Warranty (authorized online retailer): 2 Years Parts And Labor