Alpine Black 7" Digital Media Station - IXAW407
Introducing the iXA-W407 Digital Media Station.
Dedicated control over your iPod® or iPhone® – all from a unique system control interface and just the touch of a finger – on a crystal-clear large 7” QVGA Touch Screen display. For innovative control, simply slide your finger and enjoy big icons for each source and easy-to-read menus. Paired with the NVE-M300 GPS navigation drive, the iXA-W407 transforms into an outstanding Audio/Video/Navigation package.
A Match Made for Navigation, the whole AVN package (iXA-W407 + NVE-M300) starts at $1100.
Upgrade to smart navigation by adding the NVE-M300 to the iXA-W407. Hook up the NVE-M300 compact external drive in a hide-away location such as behind the dash, for a fully integrated navigation experience, and get touch screen control of convenient navigation features right from the display. Coverage includes the U.S., and Canada, including Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands, and 6 million unique Points of Interest (POIs) including restaurants, hotels, gas stations, movie theaters, grocery stores, and more.
This enhanced navigation experience with the NVE-M300 is backed by OnPoint™ Advanced GPS Positioning for accuracy and improved performance. Your vehicle stays accurately positioned on the map even in areas where it’s difficult to receive GPS reception, such as in a tunnel or around tall buildings. OnPoint simultaneously uses three technologies – satellite-linked positioning data, gyro sensor technology (to determine the vehicle’s direction) and accelerometer technology (to gauge the vehicle’s speed) – resulting in continuous coverage of the location of your vehicle.
The navigation experience is simplified with an intuitive graphical user interface, combined with turn-by-turn voice guidance, easy-to-use menus and maps, and a comprehensive list of places to help you find your destination. Assistive mapping visuals such as one-way street notification and Highway Junction View for maneuvering complex interchanges are available to help make your drive easier. All the voice guided driving instructions are delivered through the vehicle’s sound system. With added navigation from the NVE-M300, you can stay on track and get where you need to go. Discover more about the NVE-M300.
Digital Media Experience
For the ultimate in-vehicle experience with your iPod or iPhone, Alpine’s new Digital Media Station is the answer. The iXA-W407 is the latest addition to the Digital Media Station family, and features Alpine’s new touch-screen graphical user interface (GUI) for easy access to your music, movies and more from the convenience of a large 7” screen. Source selection is done through the quick touch-flick action from your fingertips, in effortless sliding motions across the screen.
This head unit is a dedicated media station that provides seamless control of your iPod, iPhone and many other popular digital devices right from your dash. The iXA-W407 Digital Media Station offers enhanced features for a more robust iPod-listening experience that meets the specifications for “Made for iPod” and “Works with iPhone” compatibility. Plus, you won’t need any additional cables to get your iPod or iPhone connected, the cables come packaged with the iXA-W407.
In multi-info mode, you can select 4 panels of info to show on your screen from the following:
- AV Info: Album Art plus abbreviated song and track information
- AV Control: Fast forward, Rewind, Play/Pause from your screen
- Sound Control: Adjust your treble, bass, and sub levels.
- Clock: View the current time and up to 4 more times in different time zones in the world.
- Calendar: View the current calendar date
- Calculator: Access to a handy calculator
Dedicated for you iPod
Made for iPod / Works with iPhone
The IXA-W407 is designed to work with your iPod or your iPhone, so you get access to and control of all the songs from your iPod/iPhone right from the head unit! Tuck your iPod or iPhone out of sight, and view and control all your content through the iXA-W407.
The iXA-W407 gives you an easy way to navigate and access iPod/iPhone music and video content. It’s convenient to control your iPod or iPhone in the car – enjoy seamless operation of your iPod/iPhone in addition to full control of all your favorite media sources. Control all search options of your iPod/iPhone directly from the iXA-W407, via Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Podcast, or Composer. The USB connection allows for high-quality iPod playback and delivers an even faster access speed so you’ll find songs as quickly as you expect to find them on your iPod/iPhone.
Touch the onscreen Quick Search button to easily access your search menu, and drill down into either music or video libraries. Under music, view and search by Playlists, Artists, Albums, Podcasts, Audio Books, Genres, and Composers. Under video, view and search by Video Playlists, Movies, Music Videos, TV Shows, Video Podcasts, and Rented Movies. Simply touch the screen to make your selection and enjoy the content that resides in your iPod.
Under the setup menu choose your “skip style” as Page, Alphabet, or Percentage, depending on how you like to browse through your long list of artists and songs. Once you find the song you want to listen to, simply select any part of the song title to begin playing the song. View song info including album art right from the screen. Instead of starting all over from the search menu hold down the QuickSearch icon on screen to go back to the previous search menu where you last left off and get access to more music.
Super-Fast USB Connection
The iXA-W407 uses USB connection (cable included) for newer iPods that provides ultra-fast digital data transfer so songs and video are loaded instantly through the receiver, on-screen. Thanks to USB, you can also alternatively plug in a USB thumb-drive loaded with music, instead of an iPod or iPhone.
Instead of starting all over from the search menu, simply press the Back button on the iXA-W407 to go back one step. Works just like your iPod! When you are playing a song if you press the back button it will take you back to the place in the menu where you selected the song.
Multiple System Expansion Options
Expand your media – these digital receivers are equipped to add on additional media sources to enjoy services like HD Radio, Satellite Radio, DVD Changer, and other auxiliary sources.*
*Accessories and/or subscription may be required.
HD Radio and iTunes Tagging—Get New Songs on the Go
Add Alpine's HD Radio™ module (TUA-T550HD), and when you hear a song you like, simply press the on-screen TAG button on the iXA-W407. This iTunes Tagging feature lets you Tag songs you hear on HD Radio stations and stores the info on your iPod. The next time you connect your iPod to iTunes, you will be able to preview your selections and then purchase and download them from iTunes.
Plus, with HD Radio, go from analog to digital on your FM/AM dial – and get access to new crystal-clear channels broadcast via radio, no subscription required.
New! Built-in Parrot Bluetooth Wireless Technology
The iXA-W407 features Built-in Parrot Bluetooth wireless technology for seamless hands-free phone integration so you can make/take calls in your car with ease. With the trusted quality behind Parrot Bluetooth, you’ll enjoy exceptional phone compatibility and sound quality for a clear wireless experience.
Don’t be distracted making or receiving phone calls while driving and say goodbye to uncomfortable headsets and earpieces. Get the convenience of carrying on phone conversations in your car, hands-free!
Simply pair up your cell phone with your head unit and access your phone book to make calls to your contacts stored on your cell phone. Now make and receive phone calls conveniently with both hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road.
- Caller ID
- Missed / Dialed / Received calls
- Address book
Satellite Radio Ready
Enjoy more music on the road. This unit is Satellite Radio Ready, (additional adapters and subscription required), so you can expand and listen to a wider array of stations. Take your pick – with SIRIUS or XM, Alpine brings your choice of satellite radio inside your car. Add the KCA-SC100 interface for your portable SIRIUS Plug-n-Play device and get automatic Game Alert and Song Alert services, plus convenient program replay and pause functions. (compatible SIRIUS portable or SC-C1 required, features vary based on feature set of selected portable)
The Beauty of USB for Other Devices
With a dedicated USB input and USB cable in addition to iPods, you can securely connect MP3 players like the iRiver Clix, Creative Zen, or Toshiba Gigabeat, using the MTP protocol or even connect USB memory devices like thumbdrives and USB hard drives. Song lists on USB devices are displayed in alphabetical order, and allows eight levels of file / folder search capabilities. This unit will find music files while ignoring other file types on the device.
Steering Wheel Remote Ready
This receiver is compatible with the steering wheel remote controls available in many vehicles. You can take out your factory radio, put in the Alpine, and still have the convenience of operating your sound system from the steering wheel. Ask your authorized retailer for available interfaces.
Need a power boost?
Add an IMPRINT Sound Processor for the most ideal sound experience in your vehicle. The optional PXA-H100 is a small, inexpensive unit that corrects all the acoustic problems in your vehicle for ideal sound clarity and imaging. It’s a huge advantage you won’t find anywhere else! When the PXA-H100 is connected to the iXA-W407 you get better sound, faster.
Rear Seat Entertainment
Long drive ahead? Keep your passengers entertained and play back their favorite movies on the road. Control your Rear Seat Entertainment system and play your DVD right from the iXA-W407.
Safety first – get a better view of what’s behind you, right from the dash. The iXA-W407 is directly compatible with the HCE-C107D rear view camera. Make your drive easier when backing out of parking spots.
- Memory Presets: Memory Presets Preset Stations (FM:12 / AM:6)
- Memory: Memory Auto Memory
- Seek Mode: Seek Mode Local / DX Selection
- Built-In or Ready: Built-In or Ready HD RadioA? Ready
- Connection: Connection Alpine TUA-T500HD / TUA-T550HD Required
- Signal Switching: Signal Switching Automatic Digital / Analog
- Multi-Casting: Multi-Casting Multi-Cast HD1,HD2,HD3
- Supports iTunesA? Tagging: Supports iTunesA? Tagging (TUA-T550HD Required)
- Built-In or Ready: Built-In or Ready Parrot Bluetooth Built-In
- Hands Free: Hands Free Calling
- Redial Function: Redial Function
- Phone Book: Phone Book Transfer
- Call History (Dialed, Received, Missed): Call History (Dialed, Received, Missed)
- Adjusting the volume when receiving a Call: Adjusting the volume when receiving a Call
- Voice Dial Operation: Voice Dial Operation
Connection for iPod
- Works with iPhone: Works with iPhone
- Compatibility for iPodA?: iPodA? Compatibility iPodA? 5th generation, iPodA? nano 1st/2nd/3rd/4th generation, iPodA? classic, iPodA? touch 1st/2nd generation
- Connection Type: Connection Type USB Connection
- Connection: Connection USB Cable Included
- Source Type: Source Type Dedicated iPodA? Source
- Video Playback: Video Content Playback
- M.I.X. (Shuffle) Capability: M.I.X. (Shuffle) Capability Song, Albums, All
- Music Control: Music Control Up / Down / Repeat
- Video Search: Video Playlist, Movie, Music Video, TV Shows, Video Podcasts
- Available Selections: Available Selections Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer, Audiobook
- Percentage Search: Percentage Search
- Alphabet Search: Alphabet Search
- Information Display: Information Display Album Art, Song (Title, Album), Clock
- Easy Navigating: Easy Navigating Quick Search with Double-Action Encoder and Back Button for Easy Menu Navigation
Connection for USB
- Connection Type: Connection Type USB
- USB Input: USB Input Back Side
- Connection: Connection USB Cable Included
- Music Playback: Music Playback MP3/AAC/WMA Playback
- Built-In or Ready: Built-In or Ready Satellite Radio Ready
- Connection: Connection SIRIUS or XM Adapter Required
- Satellite Provider Capability: Satellite Provider Capability SIRIUS or XM
- Preset Memory: Preset Memory 3-Bands (6 Per Band, 18 Channels Total)
- Easy Navigating : Easy Navigating Quick Search
- Music Information: Music Information Category, Artist, Song
- Portable Compatibility: Portable Compatibility SIRIUS Plug N Play Devices (Adapter Required)
- Subwoofer Level: Subwoofer Level Adjustment
- High Pass Filter: High Pass Filter Adjustment
- Bass Center Frequency: Bass Center Frequency Adjustment
- Bass Width: Bass Width Q Adjustment
- Bass Level: Bass Level Adjustment
- Treble Center Frequency: Treble Center Frequency Adjustment
- Treble Level: Treble Level Adjustment
- Loudness: Loudness Feature
- MediaXpander: MediaXpander Ready (PXA-H100 Required)
- Time Correction: Time Correction 6 Channel Time Correction Ready (PXA-H100 Required)
- Equalizer: Equalizer 5 Band Graphic / 7 Band Parametric Equalizer Ready (PXA-H100 Required)
- Crossover: Crossover Ready (PXA-H100 Required)
- IMPRINT: IMPRINT Sound System Ready (PXA-H100 Required)
CD Changer Control
- M.I.X.: M.I.X. One/All (Shuffle)
- Multi-Changer Control: Multi-Changer Control Multi-Changer Control including MP3 Changer CHA-S634 (with KCA-410C)
- Music Text Information: Music Text Information CD:Text Scroll Display, MP3: Text Information Display (ID3 Tag)
- Music Control: Music Control Play/Pause/Forward/Backward
- Repeat: Repeat Song/Disc
- Power Output: Power Output Max 50 W x 4 High Power Amplifier
- CD Changer: CD Changer Control
- Display: Display 7'' Wide QVGA Display
- Control Type: Control Type Touch Screen
- iPersonalize: iPersonalize i-Personalize (Wallpaper Only)
- Face Color: Face Color Black
- Illumination Buttons: Illumination Buttons Blue
- PreOut: PreOut 3 PreOuts (2 V)
- DAC: 24 Bit DAC
- Steering Wheel Control: Steering Wheel Control Ready
- Selectable Power Input: Selectable Power Input 2 PreIn (Front / Rear)
- Bass & Treble: Bass & Treble Controls
- Fader & Balance: Fader & Balance Controls
- Clock: Clock Built-In Multi-Clock
- Calendar: Calendar Built-In Multi-Calendar
- DIN Trim Plate: DIN Trim Plate Detachable Trim Plate
- Dimmer: Dimmer Input
- Power Antenna Lead: Power Antenna Lead Output
- Remote Turn-On: Remote Turn-On Output
- Audio Interrupt: Audio Interrupt Input
- Remote Control: Remote Control Included
- CAMERA: Camera IN (OFF / DIRECT / RCA)
- NAVI: NAV. IN (ON / OFF)
- Multi Information Display: Calender, World Clock, Calculator, Audio Control, Audio Infomation
- Dual Zone Control:
- Visual EQ: (OFF / Night M. / Soft / Sharp / Contrast)
- Black Richness: (OFF / 5 steps)
CEA-2006 Power Ratings
- CEA-2006 Power Rating: 4 I? @14.4 V ?%THD+N, S/N 80 dBA (ref.1 W into 4 I?), 18 W x 4
Max Power Output Ratings
- Max Power Output: 50W x 4
- Tuning Range: 87.7-107.9 MHz
- Mono Usable Sensitivity: 9.3 dBf (0.8 A?V/75 ohms)
- 50dB Quieting Sensitivity: 13.5 dBf (1.3 A?V/75 ohms)
- Alternate Channel Selectivity: 80.0 dB
- Signal-to-Noise (S/N) Ratio: 65.0 dB
- Stereo Separation: 35.0 dB
- Capture Ratio: 2.0 dB
- Tuning Range: 530-1,710 kHz
- Usable Sensitivity (IEC Standard): 22.5/27.0 (A?V/dB)
- Screen Size: 7" Wide Screen
- LCD Type: Transparent Type TN LCD
- Operation System: TFT Active Matrix
- Number of Picture Elements: 93,600pcs. (400 x 234)
- Effective Number of Picture Elements: 99% or more
- Illlumination System: CCFL
- Bluetooth Version: Bluetooth V2.0
- Output Power: +4 dBm Max. (Power class 2)
- HFP: (Hands-Free Profile)
- HSP: (Head Set Profile)
- A2DP: (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile)
- AVRCP: (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile)
Connection for iPod
- USB Requirements: 1.1/2.0
- Max. Power Consumption: 500 mA
- USB Class: Mass Storage
- File System: FAT 12/16/32
- MP3 Decoding: MPEG-1/2 AUDIO Layer-3
- WMA Decoding: Windows Media' Audio
- AAC Decoding: ACC-LC format ''/m4a'' file
- Number of Channels: 2-Channel (Stereo)
- Frequency Response: 5-20 k A?1 dB (Frequency Response may differ depending on the encoder software/bit rate)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.008% (at 1 kHz)
- Dynamic Range: 95 dB (at 1 kHz)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 105 dB
- Channel Separation: 85 dB (at 1 kHz)
- Subwoofer Level Adjustment: 0 to 15
- High Pass Filter: OFF/60/80/100Hz (Selectable)
- Bass Center Frequency: 60/80/100/200Hz (Selectable)
- Bass Band Width Adjustment (Q): 4 choices (1 =narrow, 4 =wide)
- Bass Level Control Range: A?14
- Treble Center Frequency: 10/12.5/15/17.5kHz (Selectable)
- Treble Level Control Range: A?14
- Remote Control: Included
- Model Number: RUE-4202
- Battery Type: AAA Batteries (2 pcs.)
- Dimension (WxHxD) mm : 42mm x 121mm x 23mm
- Weight: 50 g (1.8 oz.)
- Power Requirement: 14.4 (11-16) V.DC
- Pre Output Voltage (Before Clipping): 2 V
- Operating Temperature (A?C/ A?F): 60A?C (140A?F) to -20A?C (-4A?F)
- Maximum Mounting Angle: 35A? from Horizontal
- Width: 7''
- Height: 3.44''
- Depth: 5.75''
- Unit: 3.6875 lbs
- Shipping: 6 lbs