Alpine Black Power Density Digital Amplifier - PDXF6
The Alpine PDX Series is a recipient of the 2010 CES Innovations honors award. Every year at the world’s largest consumer technology tradeshow, the Consumer Electronics Show (CES), the Innovations Designs and Engineering Awards program recognizes the most innovative consumer electronics products, such as the PDX Series for the In-Vehicle Audio category.
New Reference Grade Output Stage
Ultra-Wide Frequency Response
This super-wide, industry leading frequency range offers listeners unparallel sound quality and detail that bests even the most high-end audiophile equipment. 5Hz-100kHz for 4ch, 5Hz-400Hz for Mono (+0,-3dB)
Total Harmonic Distortion Rate (THD) vs. Frequency
The all-new PDX series amplifiers are not your typical class-D amplifiers. Traditionally, class-D amplifiers have not been known for high frequency reproduction..these new PDX amplifiers are the first ever class-D amplifiers to break tradition and trump the amps of yesterday. The PDX-M12, PDX-M6, PDX-F6, and PDX-F4 are synonymous with extremely high frequency reproduction. The THD is actually falling at high frequencies, resulting in a clean and clear signal where your ear is most sensitive to distortions. -<0.005% THD+N @ 1W, <0.05% THD+N @ rated power.
Signal to Noise
These amps are capable of unheard of S/N ratio up to 95dB S/N @ 1W, 122dB S/N at rated power for extremely clean, uncolored sound Forget unwanted background noise or static. The PDX amps deliver crystal clear music every time.
With ultra-low output impedance, the new PDX offers extremely controlled, tight bass for unprecedented sound quality. Ratings are>1000 for Mono and>500 for 4ch.
Power Output to the Extreme
Beefed up Power
The PDX power supply delivers tremendous headroom with low distortion and noise. PDX amplifiers have an extremely high total system efficiency of ~80% (power supply is rated at>90%, output stage is rated>90%).
Low Impedance Stability
These amps are stable at low impedances and are capable of their rated power from 2 to 4 ohms for all models. This allows excellent flexibility with multiple speaker and subwoofer loads and is adjusted automatically.
Certified Power From Birth, Guaranteed.
Each PDX amplifier comes with its very own birth-sheet. PDX amplifiers are tested and documented to show their true actual output.
Power Management Processor
PDX amps incorporate Alpine’s new Power Management circuit. The Power Management Processor controls all aspects of amplifier performance, monitoring voltage, temperature and output to ensure uninterrupted power output for non-stop listening.
If the amp gets too hot, the Thermal Protection circuit kicks in and gradually decreases output power until it cools down. Once cool, the power output automatically increases back to the previous level. If the circuit detects a Low Battery condition, it will gradually decrease power output if battery voltage becomes too low. Once the battery voltage increases, power will be restored. This interruption-free design allows for non-stop enjoyment with no hiccups or drop-outs, just clean, clear output.
Unique Stacking System
The new PDX series amplifiers are 20% thinner than previous models at only 2” thick. New stacking system packs the amps closer together so there are no gaps and to save space in the trunk while directly coupling the amps heatsinks to help share cooling duties.
The super high power speaker connectors allow for up to 8GA wiring and have a unique quick disconnect design for simple error-free installation.
The new removable connector features a low-loss, high-current design. It accepts up to 4GA wire, to ensure your amp gets the power it needs while allowing for easy installation.
Remote Control Bass Knob (RUX-KNOB)
Simply add the RUX-KNOB (sold separately),and get full control from inside the dash for remote on-the-fly bass adjustments. You also have the ability to control multiple amps from just one controller with simple telephone cord adapters.
A Touch of Personalization
PDX amplifiers come with easy-to-remove trim rings, so if you would like to customize them, you can have them painted. Add it as another Do-It-Yourself project, or leave it to professionals and ask an Authorized Alpine installer near you. The removable trim ring can be custom painted to match your vehicle or personalized to anything you want.
- Connectors: Quick Disonnect Terminals (Power Terminal and Speaker Terminals)
- Terminal Layout: One-Sided
- Mounting Design: Easy Stacking and Clean-look installation
- Amplifier Type: Class-D (Digital)
- Channel Design: 4/3/2 Channel
- Power Supply Design: DC-DC PWM Power Supply
- Board Circuitry: STAR Ciruit
- Current Protection: Auto Over-Current Protection
- Power Indicator: Top Mounted Blue LED Power/Status Indicator
- Crossover: Adjustable High Pass, Low Pass
- Pre-Amp Stage: Discrete
- Board Design: 6-Layer Glass Epoxy PC Board
- Gain Control: Adjustable
- Bass Control: Remote Bass Control (sold separately)
CEA-2006 Power Ratings
- CEA-2006 Power Rating: (4/2 Ifirstname.lastname@example.orgV ?%THD+N), S/N 96dBA (Ref. 1W into 4 I?): 150W x 4
RMS Power Ratings
- Per channel into 4 Ohms: (@14.4V ?%THD+N) 150W x 4
- Per channel into 2 Ohms: (@14.4V ?%THD+N) 150W x 4
- Bridged 4 Ohms: Bridged 4 I?: 300W x 2 (?% THD+N)
- Crossover: Variable, 30-400Hz (-12dB / oct ), Low-Pass/High-Pass/OFF Selectable
- Heat Sink (WxHxD) mm: 257mm x 192mm x 50.8mm
- Heat Sink (WxHxD) in: 10-1/8'' x 7-9/16'' x 2''
- Power Requirements: 14.4V DC (11V to 16V)
- Input Sensitivity: 0.2V to 4.0V (For Rated Power)
- Cable size: 4 AWG (BATT and GND), 12 AWG (Remote), Up to 8 AWG (Speaker)
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz - 100 kHz / 0 dB ~ -3dB (Reference: 1 W into 4 ohms)
- Speaker Impedance: 4 or 2 I?
- Signal to Noise: CEA 2006 S/N Ratio (IHF A Weighted, Reference: 1W into 4I?) 96 dBA
- Width: 10.125''
- Height: 2''
- Depth: 7.56''
- Unit: 6.33 lbs
- Shipping: 9 lbs