Alpine In Dash GPS Navigation Receiver - INAW900
Effortless to the Touch
The INA-W900 All-in-one Navigation/Audio/Video System is equipped with built-in navigation that is fully integrated with your audio and video system for added convenience to make your drive more enjoyable. A simple menu and elegant display, make source selection and accessing functions quick and easy with the touch of your finger. Distinct brilliant icons and direct access menu buttons all on a responsive 7” WVGA, 1.15 million pixel touch-control screen, take the guess-work out for an effortless experience. Operating your audio, video, and navigation controls has never been easier.
The More Maps, the Merrier
The INA-W900 offers reliable navigation with preloaded NAVTEQ® map data of the United States and Canada, including Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, which translates to maps galore. Choose from different intuitive map view options, such as 3D mapping, 2D full map, split map, and turn-by-turn arrow view. This unit also features Alpine's exclusive Graphical User Interface with intuitive screen graphics, so it's easy for you to find your way. Get quick and easy directions from start to finish.
Quick-draw: Boot-Up Time that won the West
Don’t get stuck with painstakingly long boot-up times when it comes to starting up your system. With the Alpine INA-W900, the unit is operational in 6 seconds so you can access your system. That means you can listen to music right away and navigation loads up quickly so you don’t have to spend time dawdling before entering your destination. More importantly, if you have a rear camera installed, you can back up safely almost immediately. After a smooth load-up, quickly access menu’s and you’re on your way in no time.
Navigation Integrated on the Audio Screen with GuideView Window™
Exclusive to the INA-W900, Alpine’s new GuideView Window gives you a convenient picture-in-picture navigation window while the unit is in audio display/mode. If you input a destination, the GuideView Window will display the next maneuver as you head towards your destination. Even when you are not routing towards a specific destination, the GuideView Window will display a digital compass, current street or freeway you are travelling on, and city/state you are currently driving in so you always know where you are headed. This versatile functionality allows you to efficiently view and control your music playback and still view your next turn, without having to exit out of your audio screen.
Quick Access Buttons
For control of the most frequently used audio and navigation menus, firm buttons located on the outer frame on the bottom of the screen give you instant access. If you prefer your navigation to display on the entire screen, hit the hard-key MAP button to quickly load your map and turn-by-turn maneuvers on the 7” display. Jump back to your audio screen using the AUDIO button. The SOURCE button always brings you to the source selection screen so you can switch easily from one source to another. These hard buttons are available no matter what screen you are on, so you always have access to commonly used functions.
Accuracy? OnPoint™ has your back
The INA-W900 uses Alpine's OnPoint™ Advanced GPS Positioning. This ensures that your vehicle stays accurately positioned on the map even in areas where it's difficult to receive GPS reception, such as in a tunnel or around tall buildings. OnPoint simultaneously uses three technologies - satellite-linked positioning data, gyro sensor technology (to determine the vehicle's direction) and accelerometer technology (to gauge the vehicle's speed) - resulting in continuous coverage of the location of your vehicle.
Let Alpine Lead the Way
With turn-by-turn instructions by Text-to-Speech (TTS) technology delivered by Loquendo, street names, freeway numbers and freeway exit names are announced clearly out loud. Directions are available in English, Spanish, or French. With a unique database of 6 million POI's (Points of Interest), you can choose from a plethora of places to go, whether you're hungry and looking for a place to eat, or need to fill up at the nearest gas station! Assistive mapping visuals display essential driving information such as One-Way Street icons and Highway Junction View for maneuvering complex interchanges. These extra navigation features help guide you right to your destination!
Superior Sound Quality
For unrivaled sound quality, expect nothing less than the best. The INA-W900 uses the latest Burr-Brown 24 Bit DAC for ultimate sound quality with all your digital media sources. For the true sound enthusiast, the INA-W900 is also compatible with the PXA-H100 IMPRINT processor, an upgrade that we give you dynamic, powerful sound. The INA-W900 is simply the foundation. The entire system you build off of it can achieve the maximum sound you are looking for. Be sure to visit your local Authorized Alpine retailer to learn more about the ideal sound set-up for your vehicle.
The Best In-Vehicle iPod Experience
As a "Made for iPod" Apple member, Alpine brings you the best in-vehicle iPod experience. Designed with the iPod lover in mind, the INA-W900 gives you instant access to all your iPod favorites - music and movies. Album artwork, as well as artist, song, and album information are displayed right on the screen.
Made for iPod / Works with iPhone
It’s convenient to control your iPod or iPhone in the car – enjoy seamless operation of your iPod in addition to full control of all your favorite media sources. Control all search options of your iPod directly from the INA-W900, via Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Podcast, or Composer. The USB connection allows for high-quality iPod playback and delivers an even faster access speed so you’ll find songs as quickly as you expect to find them on your iPod
Compatible iPod and iPhones:
Get access to and control of all the songs from your iPhone right from the head unit! Large music libraries are no problem with a faster connection speed and QuickSearch featuring Alphabet Search, you can easily to scroll through long lists of music by skipping through the letters of the alphabet. Once you find the letter you want, you can jump to the exact song!
Super-Fast USB Connection
The INA-W900 uses a USB connection (USB-to-iPod cable included) for newer iPods that provides ultra-fast digital data transfer so songs and video are loaded instantly through the receiver, on-screen. Thanks to USB, you can also alternatively plug in a USB thumb-drive loaded with music, instead of your iPod or iPhone.
*USB connection is compatible with iPods (5th generation), iPod classic, iPod touch, and iPod nano (1st, 2nd, and 3rd generation). Now that we have the guidelines and go-ahead to use
iPod Video Control
You can also view and control your iPod movies from the IN A-W900 screen, using the supplied USB cable, without any additional adapters. Keep your kids and passengers happy with all their favorite videos stored right on your iPod. With Dual Zone you can control your iPod video from the front seat, while your passengers view their videos and movies from the comfort of an optional Rear Seat Entertainment system.
Have lots of music? Find it fast! With Alpine's exclusive Quick Search technology, you'll be able to find what you want, the quickest and easiest way possible. With so many ways to listen to thousands of songs, now you can get super-fast access to playlist, artist, album, song, podcast, genre and composer, even use Quick Search to access your radio stations. Large control buttons and a Touch Screen make it easy to search all sources, including iPod, Satellite radio and HD radio. No interruptions, while you search, so you can keep enjoying your music.
Music via USB
More music with USB. With the INA-W900’s USB connection you can alternatively choose to connect USB storage devices or MTP USB music players so you can enjoy even more music. Search and play all your music files.
Automatic Time Synchronization
No need to worry about figuring out how to set up this clock manually. After the first time you launch and accept navigation mode, the clock syncs up with the internal navigation system, so it automatically adjusts to your time based on your location. Whether you are in Hawaii or New York, the INA-W900 will adjust and display the appropriate time so you don't have to.
Selectable Background Color
In a different mood? Feel like changing up the background color to match your interior? The INA-W900 offers four different display base colors to choose from under the settings including blue, red, green, and amber.
Did Someone Say More Entertainment?
The INA-W900 has got you covered. It's set for DVD, CD, MP3, AAC, WMA playback with a 7-inch WVGA touch-screen with a 1.15 million-pixel display. The INA-W900 is versatile to serve as your media center over all in-vehicle digital media sources, all at the touch of your fingertip.
WVGA Display and Enhanced Graphical Interface
Talk about wow! This display is the best screen Alpine offers. The INA-W900’s 7-inch WVGA touch-screen monitor gives you easy access and control of all your favorite media sources. The INA-W900 features Visual Enhancement, a new technology that provides a more balanced picture, not over-emphasizing dark or light areas, so movies are seen with greater clarity. All of the graphics are crisp, clean, and modern for your viewing pleasure.
Multiple System Expansion Options
Expand your media – the INA-W900 receiver is equipped to add on additional media sources to enjoy services like Bluetooth Wireless Technology, HD Radio, Satellite Radio, DVD Changer, and other auxiliary sources.*
*Accessories and/or subscription may be required.
Bluetooth Wireless Technology
Don’t be distracted making or receiving phone calls while driving and say goodbye to uncomfortable headsets and earpieces. Get the convenience of carrying on phone conversations in your car, hands-free!
This unit is ready for Bluetooth Wireless Technology with a convenient phone button available on the receiver. Just add a KCE-400BT adapter to pair up your cell phone with your head unit by pressing the phone button. You can access your phone book to make calls to your contacts right from your cellphone. Now make and receive phone calls conveniently with both hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road.
- Caller ID
- Address book
- Missed / Dialed / Received calls
Speak using the microphone supplied with the KCE-400BT, then listen through your car’s speakers. With select compatible phones with streaming audio capability, you can listen to and control music stored on your phone and have it stream through your Alpine system.
Quick tip: Press and hold down the [MUTE] button on this unit to get quick access to the direct telephone menu.
Upgrade your Sound
Upgrade your INA-W900 with IMPRINT by adding the PXA-H100. Alpine has combined their in-vehicle sound system expertise with Audyssey's acoustical technology to deliver a sound system hardware-plus-software platform with breakthrough equalization technology. IMPRINT automatically overcomes the car's inherent acoustical challenges, and improves the sound stage, tonal balance, and definition for better sound faster.
Need a power boost?
Add the KTP-445 Head Unit Power Pack! It delivers a true 45W x 4 RMS power and is compact enough to install behind the INA-W900. It plugs right inline with the INA-W900's wiring harness so you don’t even need additional wires.
All Digital HD Radio®
Alpine does HD. Get all the music and programming you want to hear in crystal-clear digital format (with the optional TUA-T550HD). FM stations with CD-quality sound, AM stations with FM-quality sound, and virtually no distortion. With multi-casting capability HD1, HD2, and HD3, you'll hear more talk and music content from the stations you already receive.
iTunes Tagging Get New Songs on the Go
The INA-W900 is enabled for iTunes Tagging. Add Alpine's HD Radio module (optional TUA-T550HD), and when you hear a song you like, simply press the on-screen [Tag] button that appears below the song information. This iTunes Tagging feature lets you Tag songs you hear on HD Radio stations and stores the info on your iPod. The next time you connect your iPod to iTunes, you will be able to preview your selections and then purchase and download them from directly from iTunes.
Satellite Radio Ready Satellite Service
With over 130 channels, SIRIUX XM brings you more of what you love. Get the most commercial-free music, plus all your favorite sports, news, talk and entertainment. Alpine brings you the option of both, all from the convenience of your vehicle with the following expansion options.
SIRIUS Satellite Radio
The home or 100% commercial-free music. Every NFL game, every NASCAR® race, college sports and more. Visit SIRIUS for program and subscription information. The Alpine KCA-SC100 SiriusConnect™ interface enables control and playback of a SIRIUS Portable, Dock & Play or Hide-away tuners directly from the INA-W900. With the KCA-SC100 get automatic Game Alert and Song Alert services, plus convenient program replay and pause functions. The KCA-SC100 connects to the new line of SiriusConnect™ tuners and docks such as the SCC1 and the SCVDOC1.
XM Satellite Radio
Commercial-free music from ever genre. Every MLB® and NHL® game, NBA coverage, the PGA Tour® Network and more. Visit XM for program and subscription information. The INA-W900 works with the XM Direct 2 and XM Mini Tuner solution to add XM radio.
Now you can add “The Best of SIRIUS” to your XM subscription or “The Best of XM” to your SIRIUS subscription to get the best of both worlds – visit SIRIUS or XM for more programming details. Separate hardware listed above sold separately, subscription fees apply.
The INA-W900 is equipped with a direct camera input so you can add a rear view camera to your vehicle to make your drive easier. See what's behind your vehicle, right from the screen. With rear camera installation, the screen on the INA-W900 will automatically switch to your rear camera view. The HCE-C107D works directly with the INA-W900 for a clean and easy install. The INA-W900 also comes with an RCA adapter which can also be additionally installed to accommodate the use of any aftermarket RCA-adapter friendly rear view camera, such as the HCE-C105 as well.
Steering Wheel Control
Replace the factory-installed head unit without loss of this convenient option. The INA-W900 allows you the option of controlling your head unit right from your factory installed steering wheel controls. (*third party adapter required). Use popular brand names such as Soundgate or PAC to add this feature.
Map & Database
- Points Of Interest: 6 Million
- Pre-Loaded Map Database: US, Canada, PR, Virgin Islands
- Map Icons: User can select to display up to 8 POI icons on map
- Map Views: North up, heading up, 3D
- Map Database Update (Method): SD Card
- Database Smart Key Filtering: Yes
- Street Name Voice Guidance: Yes
- Auto-Sort Nearest Destination: Yes
- Arrival Time: Yes
- Voice Prompts: Yes
- Route Guidance Setup: Yes
- Memory Presets: Preset Stations (FM:12/AM:6)
- Memory: Auto
- Seek Mode: Local/DX Selection
- Built-In or Ready: HD RadioA? Ready
- Connection: Alpine TUA-T500HD/TUA-T550HD Required
- Signal Switching: Automatic Digital/Analog
- Multi-Casting: Multi-Cast HD1, HD2, HD3
- Supports iTunesA? Tagging: Supports iTunesA? Tagging (TUA-T5550HD Required)
- Built-In or Ready: Bluetooth Ready
- Connection: Alpine KCE-400BT Required. Features may differ between phone model and service providers.
- Hands Free: Hands Free Calling
- Phone Book: Phone Book Transfer
- Streaming Music: Streaming Music Playback
- Streaming Music Control: Streaming Music Control
Connection for iPod
- Made for iPod:
- Works with iPhone
- Connection Type: USB Connection
- Connection: USB Cable Included
- Video Playback: Video Playback
- M.I.X. (Shuffle) Capability: Song, Albums, All
- Music Control: Song Up/Down/Repeat
- Available Selections: Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer
- Percentage Search: Percentage Search
- Information Display: Album Artwork, Artist, Song, Album
Connection for USB
- Connection Type: USB
- USB Input: Back-side
- Connection: USB Cable Included
- Music Playback: MP3/WMA/AAC Playback
- Built-In or Ready: Satellite Radio Ready
- Connection: SIRIUS or XM Adapter Required
- Satellite Provider Capability: SIRIUS or XM
- Preset Memory: 3-Bands (6 Per Band, 18 Channels Total)
- Easy Navigating : Quick Search
- Music Information: Category, Artist, Song
- Portable Compatibility: SIRIUS Plug N Play Devices (Adapter Required)
- Disc Type: DVD Player
- Disc Playback Type: DVD / DVD Video / DVD-R / DVD-RW / DVD+R / DVD+RW / VR / CD / CD-R / CD-RW
- Music Playback: MP3/AAC/WMA Playback
- DAC: Burr-Brown DAC
- Zero data Mute: 0 Bit Mute
- Digital Servo: Digtal Servo
- Music Sensor: Scan/Repeat
- Playback Control: Play/Pause/Forward/Back
- M.I.X. Mode: One (Folder)/All (Random Play)/Random (CD Only)
- Subwoofer Level: Subwoofer Level Adjustment
- Bass Center Frequency: Bass Center Frequency Adjustment
- Bass Width: Bass Width Adjustment
- Bass Level: Bass Level Adjustment
- Treble Center Frequency: Treble Center Adjustment
- Treble Level: Treble Level Adjustment
- Crossover: Built-In High-Pass Crossover
CD Changer Control
- M.I.X.: One/All (Shuffle)
- Multi-Changer Control: Multi-Changer Control Including MP3 Changer CHA-S624, (with KCA-410C)
- Music Text Information: CD:Text Scroll Display, MP3: Text Information Display (ID3 Tag)
- Music Control: Play/Pause/Forward/Back
- Repeat: Song/Disc
- Power Output: 50W x 4
High Power Amplifier
- CD Changer: CD Changer
- Display: 7'' WVGA Monitor
- Control Type: Touch Screen
- Face Color: Black
- Illumination Buttons:
White Illuminated Buttons
- Playback: DVD Video,
DVD-VR, CD-DA, MP3/WMA
- PreOut: 3 PreOut (2V
- BluetoothA?: Bluetooth
- DAC: Burr-Brown DAC
- Steering Wheel Control:
Steering Wheel Control Ready
- Bass & Treble: Bass &
- Fader & Balance: Fader
& Balance Controls
- Clock: Built-In Clock
- Dimmer: Dimmer Input
- Power Antenna Lead: Power
- Remote Turn-On: Amplifier
Remote Turn-On Output
- Audio Interrupt: Audio
- Mute: Built-in Audio
- Remote Control: Remote
- CAMERA: Direct Rear Camera
Input w/ universal camera adapter
- NAVI: Built-In
CEA-2006 Power Ratings
- CEA-2006 Power Rating: 4 I? @14.4V ?%THD+N, S/N 80dBA (ref.1W into 4 I?), 18W x 4
Max Power Output Ratings
- Max Power Output: 50W x 4
- Tuning Range: 87.7-107.9 MHz
- Mono Usable Sensitivity: 9.3dBf (0.8 A?V/75 ohms)
- 50dB Quieting Sensitivity: 13.5dBf (1.3 A?V/75 ohms)
- Alternate Channel Selectivity: 80.0 dB
- Signal-to-Noise (S/N) Ratio: 65.0 dB
- Stereo Separation: 35.0 dB
- Capture Ratio: 2.0 dB
- Tuning Range: 530-1, 710kHz
- Usable Sensitivity (IEC Standard): 22.5/27.0 (A?V/dBf)
- Installation Angle: Roll: A?10 degrees / Pitch: A?30 degrees / Yaw: A?10 degrees
- CPU: SiRF Titan
- GPS: 12 channel (32 channel acquisition) receiver
- Internal Storage: Built-in flash memory with Pre-loaded Maps of US, Canada, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands
- Screen Size: Mototrized 7'' Screen
- LCD Type: Transparent Type TN LCD
- Operation System: TFT Active Matrix
- Number of Picture Elements: 1,152,000 pcs. (800 x 3 x 480)
- Effective Number of Picture Elements: 99% or more
- Illlumination System: LED
- Frequency Response: 5-20k A?1 dB
- Channel Separation (1kHz): 85dB (at 1kHz)
- Dynamic Range (1kHz): 95dB (at 1kHz)
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): 0.008% (at 1kHz)
- DAC Type: 24-Bit DAC
- Wow & Flutter (%WRMS): B.M.L.
- Oversampling: 8x/352.8kHz
- Horizontal Resolution: 500 Lines or Greater
- Video Ouput Level: 1Vp-p (75I?)
- Video Signal-to-Noise: DVD: 60dB
- Audio Signal-to-Noise (S/N): 105 dB
Connection for iPod
- MP3 Decoding: MPEG-1/2 AUDIO Layer-3
- WMA Decoding: Windows Media' Audio
- AAC Decoding: ACC-LC format ''/m4a'' file
- Number of Channels: 2-Channel (Stereo)
- Subwoofer Level Adjustment: -15dB to 0dB (1dB steps)
- Bass Center Frequency: 60/80/100/200Hz (Selectable)
- Bass Band Width Adjustment (Q): 4 choices (1 =wide, 4 =narrow)
- Bass Level Control Range: A?14
- Treble Level Control Range: A?14
- MediaXpander Modes: MediaXpander Modes: FM, CD, XM, MP3, (Level 1, 2, 3, Off), DVD Video (Level 1, 2, Off), DVD Music (Level 1, Off), (PXA-H100 Required)
- MediaXpander Aux Settings: MP3, Music, Movie, (Level 1, Off), (PXA-H100 Required)
- Equalizer: 5 Band Parametric (20Hz - 20KHz, 1/3 oct. Steps), 7 Band Graphic, (PXA-H100 Required)
- Time Correction: Adjustable 6 Ch. Time Correction (L-F/R-F/L-R/R-R/L-SW/R-SW), (PXA-H100 Required)
- Crossover: Off/80Hz, 120Hz, 160Hz (12dB/oct)
- IMPRINT: IMPRINT Sound System Ready (PXA-H100 Required)
- Remote Control: Not Included
- Model Number: RUE-4203
- Battery Type: (x1) CR2025
- Dimension (WxHxD) mm : 51mm x 119mm x 13mm
- Dimension (WxHxD) in : 2'' x 4-11/16'' x 1/2''
- Weight: 40 g (1.4oz.)
- Power Requirement: Power Requirement: 14.4 (11-16) V.DC
- Pre Output Voltage (Before Clipping): 2V
- Operating Temperature (A?C/ A?F): 60 A?C (140 A?F) to -10 A?C (14 A?F)
- Maximum Mounting Angle: 30A? from Horizontal
- Width: 7"
- Height: 3.94"
- Depth: 6.375"
- Unit: 3.94 lbs
- Shipping: 6 lbs
- Manufacturers Warranty(authorized online retailer): One Year Parts and Labor