Alpine 10" Black Subwoofer - SWR1023D
Extreme bass fits in more places
The Type-R Subs have been completely redesigned to offer more installation flexibility and application versatility to build the ideal sound system. At 5 7/8 for the 10” and 638 for the 12”, these new designs offer a near 20% reduction in mounting depth, while offering even greater output capability.
More Excursion = More Output
The new FEA-Optomized Motor Structure together with our revolutionary High-Amplitude Multi Roll (HAMR) Suspension Design gives the new Type-R Subwoofers the highest X-max and SPL output in the category.
With a real-world, measured 21mm of X-max, allow the new Type-R Subwoofers to deliver the best-in-class bass output, ultra-low distortion, and unparalleled sound quality.
More Motor Force = More Control
Starting with a new ten piece, segmented magnet structure, the new Type-R subwoofer has over 20% more motor force than its predecessor delivering more accurate, louder and cleaner bass with even more control. This new magnet assembly is also an integral part of the next generation of Alpine’s Patented Radial Vented VC cooling system.
Keep it Cool = Keep it Playing
Alpine’s Patented Radial Vented VC Heatsink and Airflow Management System (US Patent #7,634,101) helps to minimize power compression and ensures reliable long playing time by actively eliminating output-robbing heat away from the Voice Coil. The new one-piece cast aluminum frame with integrated shorting sleeve uses the entire frame as a heatsink, to allow for sustained power output and handling, even in the most extreme of applications.
FEA Optimized = Maximum Linearity
Alpine’s Patented Compound Radius Curve pole geometry ensure for an ultra symmetrical magnetic field, while optimizing flux density to greatly reduce distortion, while further improving power handling and output.
Improved Power Handling
The oversized 65 mm voice coil offers more than 35% more surface area, allowing for increased power handling to 600W RMS / 1800W Peak. To get the best performance, we recommend you pair Type-R subs with Alpine’s new PDX digital amplifiers.
4 Unique Alpine Technologies
- FEA Optimized HAMR Surround
The High-Amplitude Multi Roll Surround Design allows for extreme excursions without sacrificing valuable cone area. FEA Optimized for linearity and made with injection-molded Santoprene ®, the HAMR surround is a key part of the suspension system that allows for extreme excursions with accurate, distortion-free control.
- FEA Optimized Spider w/reinforced Layer Spider Integration
Ensures reliable and consistent control of the tinsel-leads to eliminate any possible mechanical noises or interference typical of many high-excursion designs.
- Redial Vented VC Heat Sink & Airflow Management System
Actively manages voice coil temperatures by forcing air directly across the heatsink system.
- FEA Optimized Machined CRC Motor Structure
Creates a symmetrical magnetic field while optimizing flux density to greatly reduce distortion, while further improving power handling and output.
- Material: Kevlar Reinforced Pulp Fiber
- Design: 2-Piece Structural Parabolic w/ H.A.M.R Surround (Patent Pending)
- Material: Injected Molded Santoprene
- Design: High Amplitude Multi-Roll
- Material: Nomex
- Design: Progressive
- Material: 180 High Temp Wire on Spiral Cut Aluminum Former
- Design: 65mm 4-Layer Dual Voice Coil
- Pole Geometry: Compound Radius Curve (Patent #6,639,993)
- Configuration: Radial Vented VC Heat Sink and Airflow Management System (Patent #7,634,101)
- Material: Cast Aluminum
- Design: Perimeter Vented Heat Transfer (Patent Pending), Integrated Shorting Sleeve and Airflow Management System
- Layout: One Side
- Design: Heavy Duty 8 gauge Push with Housing, Banana Plug Jumper
- Design: Reinforced Layer Spider Integration (Patent #6,810,988)
- Design: Concealed Mount Gasket System
- CEA-2006 Power Rating: 600 Watts
- Power Range: 600 - 1800 Watts
- RMS Power Handling: 600 Watts
- Peak Power Handling: 1800 Watts
- Mounting Diameter: 272mm (10-23/32'')
- Displacement: 0.055^ft3
- Added Volume: 0.080^ft3
- Frequency Response: 23-400Hz
- Width: 6.84"
- Height: 10.72"
- Depth: 5.875"
- Unit: 8 lbs
- Shipping: 11 lbs