Canon PIXMA Black Photo Printer - IP4700
Stylish Photo Printer with 5 Individual Ink Tanks and Built-in Auto Duplex Printing.
For those who want superior photo quality and built-in Auto Duplex Printing at home, your single function printer has arrived. The PIXMA iP4700 Premium Inkjet Photo Printer possesses the high-quality, performance and style needed for your varied home printing needs.
Incredible 9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi1 with a minimum color droplet size of 1pl and a 5 individual ink tank system sets the stage for beautiful borderless2 photos up to 8.5" x 11", web pages or documents all with amazing quality. The ChromaLife100+ system enables your photos to last up to 300 years3 when using select genuine Canon ink and paper and stored in an archival-quality photo album. Printing and automatically correcting your photos has never been easier thanks to the new Auto Photo Fix II feature within the popular Easy-PhotoPrint EX4 software.
If that wasn't enough versatility, you can also enjoy 2-Way Paper Feeding and computer-free photo printing with a PictBridge connection. So, you can print photos directly from your compatible digital camera, DV camcorder or camera phone5.
Speed & Quality
- Superior Resolution—Realize the power of 9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi1 firing with a minimum color droplet size of 1pl. Benefit? Incredible quality and detail in your borderless2 photos, web pages and business documents.
- High-Performance Individual Ink System—This 5-color ink system consists of four dye-based inks plus a pigment-based black ink, producing exceptional photos and crisp, laser-quality text. So, you only replace the color that runs out.
- Fast 4" x 6"—Print a beautiful, borderless 4”x 6” photo in approx. 20 seconds6!
- Images Per Minute (IPM) — In March 2009, the International Standards Organization implemented a print standard for inkjet printer document print speeds which is a universal measure utilizing three types of standardized test documents in "real world" conditions - one, four page Excel document, one - four page Word document and one-four page PDF document. This new standard will allow you to easily compare the print speeds of printers manufactured by different companies.
- ChromaLife100+—This system combines enhanced FINE print head technology with select genuine Canon photo papers and inks for beautiful borderless photos that will last up to 300 years3 when stored in an archival-quality photo album.
Ease of Use
- Keep It Green —Built-in 2-sided printing can cut your paper usage by up to 50%, helping the environment.
- Auto Photo Fix II —This built-in technology automatically categorizes your images into one of five types - Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Snapshot with Scenery, and Snapshot with Night Scenery - then applies optimal image and multi-zone exposure correction. So, unexposed areas of the photo will be optimized, area by area and faces that are backlit and under-exposed will automatically be brightened with correct color cast to help ensure more accurate skin tones for gorgeous images.
- Beautiful & Borderless2 —Print photo lab quality from 4" x 6" up to 8.5" x 11".
- 2 Way Paper Feeding —To add to your printing options, this feature lets you load paper from the front cassette or rear tray so whenever your photo lab or work station is open, you're ready for superior quality printing!
- PictBridge—Don't feel like using a computer? No problem. Thanks to a PictBridge connection you can also print photos directly from your compatible digital camera, DV camcorder or camera phone5.
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed—Plug the cable into your computer for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
Canon Generation Green
- Generation Green is Canon's new environmental initiative. This program encompasses eligible Scanners, PIXMA Inkjet Printers and imageCLASS laser printers. Generation Green is designed to provide business partners, customers and consumers a way to learn about the environmentally-friendly approach that Canon is taking to design many of its current and future products and solutions; for example, possible cost savings through energy efficiency.
Energy Star Qualified
- To help you save energy and money, while making a difference for the environment, Canon has partnered voluntarily with the EPA for over ten years to design products that meet the high standards of its ENERGY STAR ® Program. This program promotes the development and introduction of energy-efficient products to combat global warming and other environmental issues.
- PIXMA iP3600 Photo Printer
- Document Kit:
- Cross Sell Sheet
- Getting Started
- Important Information Sheet
- Safety Environment Information
- Setup Software & User's Guide CD-ROM
- Warranty Card
- Ink Tanks:
- PGI-220 Pigment Black
- CLI-221 Black
- CLI-221 Cyan
- CLI-221 Magenta
- CLI-221 Yellow
- Power Cord
- Print Head
- Sample Media (4" x 6" / 5 Sheets)
- Printer Type: Photo Printer
- Features: Auto Duplex Print, Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Printing2, Document Printing, Photo Printing, 2-Way Paper Feeding, 5 Individual Ink Tanks, Auto Sheet Feeder, Paper Output Tray Sensor, PictBridge
- Print Speed (up to)
- Black: ESAT (Black): Approx. 9.2 ipm
- Color: ESAT (Color): Approx. 8.1 ipm
- Postcard Size: 4" x 6" borderless photo: approx. 20 seconds
- Number of Nozzles
- Black: 320
- Color: 4,096
- Total: 4,416
- Print Resolution (Up to)
- Black: 600 x 600 dpi
- Color: 9600 x 2400 dpi
- OS Compatibility: Windows Vista™, Windows XP/2000 and Mac OS® X v.10.3.9 to 10.5.x
- Standard Interface: PictBridge (Cable not included), USB 2.0 Hi-Speed)
- Ink Droplet Size: Picoliter Size: 1, 2 and 5
- Paper Sizes: 4" x 6", 5" x 7", 8" x 10", Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes
- Paper Tray Capacity: Auto Sheet Feeder: (Plain Paper) 150 Pages, Front Loader: 150 Pages
- Noise Level (Approx.): 46.5 dB(A) in the best quality mode
- Power Consumption: Approx. 17W (0.9 W Standby)
- Software Included: Setup Software & User's Guide CD-ROM, PIXMA iP4700 Printer Driver, Easy-PhotoPrint EX, Easy-Web Print EX (Windows Only)4, Solution Menu
- Depth: 11.7"
- Width: 17"
- Height: 6.0"
- Unit: 12.4 lbs
- Shipping: 15 lbs
- Manufacturers Warranty (authorized online retailer): Toll-free technical phone support plus 1-year limited warranty with InstantExchange program.
- Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/9600 inch at minimum.
- Supported paper types for borderless printing are as follows: Photo Paper Pro Platinum, Photo Paper Pro II, Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss, Photo Paper Glossy and Matte Photo Paper.
- Based on accelerated testing by Canon in dark storage under controlled temperature, humidity and gas conditions, simulating storage in an album with plastic sleeves. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of prints; results may vary depending on printed image, drying time, display/storage conditions and environmental factors. See www.usa.canon.com/chromalife100plus for additional information.
- Compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vista or Windows XP. Not included on installation CD. Requires Internet connection during installation.
- Requires mobile phone equipped with PictBridge technology and a USB cable.
- Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed is measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage. See www.usa.canon.com/printspeed for additional information.
- ISO/IEC 24734 define the default print and copy speed measurement methods. Print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734, excluding time to print the first set. See www.usa.canon.com/ipm for additional information.
- System requirements vary by application.
- Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See www.usa.canon.com/support for details.