Netgear ProSafe 8 Port 10/100 Desktop Switch - FS108
Solid Network Performance for Growing Businesses
NETGEAR’s popular FS100 series desktop switches, known for its reliability and performance, provide your LAN with high-speed, 10/100 Mbps auto-sensing connectivity for as many as 5, 8, or 16 users. Just plug in your Ethernet cables, connect a power cord, and you’re ready to go-there’s no software to configure. They negotiate to the fastest possible connection and with Auto Uplink™ technology, these switches automatically figure out if the link needs a straightthrough or cross-over connection, and makes the right choice. Existing 10BASE-T devices are easily integrated within higher bandwidth environments, with full wire speeds on all ports of either 10 Mbps or 100 Mbps. Engineered without the need for internal fans, they operate silently. And each of these very compact switches is housed in a sturdy metal case for years of dependable use. When you want solid network performance for your growing business, plus the added benefit of quiet operation, NETGEAR’s ProSafe FS105, FS108, and FS116 are your best choices for quality, convenience, and smooth — running usability — all at very affordable prices.
- At Your Service
Five, eight, or sixteen ports provide LAN access for many users. Every port supports up to 200 Mbps in dedicated bandwidth and traffic is forwarded flawlessly with automatic flow control.
Solidly built in small sizes that are easy to position when space is at a premium. Ideal for conference rooms, class rooms, study groups or small offices. Place it on any flat surface or use the included wall mount kit to tuck it out of the way.
- Simple To Use
Once you connect the hardware, your switch is operating! Auto negotiation takes care of the speed and duplex, while Auto Uplink takes care of the MDI/MDI-X connection. Eliminate the need for toggle switches or special crossover cables.
No fan means no noise, which helps maintain a peaceful atmosphere in your busy office.
- Eight (8) 10/100 Mbps auto speed-sensing UTP ports
- IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T Ethernet
- IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet
- IEEE 802.3x Full-duplex Flow Control
- Forwarding modes: Store-and-forward
- FS105: 1Gbps
- FS108: 1.6 Gbps
- FS116: 3.2 Gbps
- Network latency: Less than 20 µs for 64-byte frames in store-and-forward mode for100 Mbps to 100 Mbps transmission
- Buffer memory:
- FS105: 64 KB
- FS108: 96 B
- FS116: 512 KB
- Address database size:
- FS105: 1,000
- FS108: 1,000
- FS116: 8,000
- Addressing: 48-bit MAC address
- Mean time between failures (MTBF):
- FS105: 393,000 hours (~45 years)
- FS108: 168,000 hours (~19 years)
- FS116: 353,000 hours (~40 years)
- Acoustic Noise: 0 dB
- Operating temperature: 32 to 104°F (0 to 40° C)
- Storage temperature: 14 to 158°F (-10 to 70°C)
- Operating humidity: 90% maximum relative humidity, non-condensing
- Storage humidity: 95% maximum relative humidity, non-condensing
- Operating altitude: 10,000 ft (3,000 m) maximum
- Storage altitude: 10,000 ft (3,000 m) maximum
Safety Agency Approvals
- UL listed (UL 1950)/cUL
- IEC 950/EN 60950
- Link, speed, and activity indicators built into each
- RJ-45 port
- CE mark, commercial
- FCC part 15 Class A
- EN 55022 (CISPR22), Class A
- VCCI Class A
- Network card for each PC (e.g. NETGEAR FA311)
- Network Cables
- Network card for each PC or server
- Network software (e.g., Windows®, Linux®, Mac OS®)
- 10/100 Desktop Switch (FS105, FS108 or FS116)
- Wall-mount kit
- AC adapter
- Quick Installation Guide
- Warranty/support information card
- Width: 6.2"
- Depth: 4.1"
- Height: 1.1"
- Unit: 1.1 lbs
- Shipping: 4 lbs
- Manufacturer's Warranty(authorized online retailer):
- Netgear Lifetime Warranty for switch
- 2 years for power adapter