Polk Audio THX Ultra2 Certified In-Ceiling Loudspeaker - LCIRTS100
For absolutely the best, most consistent home theater performances, the LCi-RTS100 are the new standard for in-ceiling home theater loudspeakers.
- Integrated Performance Enclosure® The LCi-RTS100 features an integrated "perfect volume" performance enclosure to ensure superb performance every time.
- Ideal For Retrofit And New Construction Because the performance enclosure is the same size as the cutout, the LCi-RTS100 installs easily in a post construction project.
- Stud-Lock Mounting System(Included) This patent-pending system creates a rigid platform for the LCi-RTS100, increasing bass performance, clarity and reducing unwanted structure borne vibration.
- THX® Ultra2-Certified The RTS100 has the distinction of being the very first in-ceiling speaker to earn THX Ultra2 performance certification. Youre assured of great surround sound performance and exceptional dynamic range.
- Audiophile Grade Drivers And Tweeters Weve incorporated the same driver technologies as found in our highly acclaimed LSi and LCi series of freestanding and built-in speakers: Industry experts from MRVA (Multi-Room Audio Video) judged the RTS100 the Best In-Ceiling Speaker Over $1000
- Aerated Polypropylene Dynamic Balance Driver Cones are stiff yet lightweight for superb midrange clarity, punchy bass and high efficiency. These cones are 20% lighter than conventional polypropylene and 35% lighter than aluminum cones.
- Enclosure Stiffening Each driver is screwed into the back of the performance enclosure to stiffen the enclosure. Enclosure resonance is reduced for less distortion and less wasted energy. RTS speakers play louder and cleaner than competing self-enclosed in-wall speakers.
- Composite Driver Basket Molded composite driver baskets are non-resonant and incredibly rigid for distortion-free sound.
- Ring Radiator Tweeter The ring radiator design, found in $35,000 free-standing speakers, delivers smooth, extended highs with excellent accuracy and astonishing detail. Redesigned faceplate geometry refines off-axis imaging.
- High-Quality Crossover Networks Assure seamlessness to reproduce always inspiring performances.
- Acoustically Transparent Grilles Perforated metal grilles can cause diffraction. Our specially designed 3-piece grille assemblies, using aluminum mesh, provide a 75% open area for superior on- and off-axis response. The LCi-RTS100 ships with two grilles: One cloth grille for maximum sonic performance, one aluminum mesh for a more traditional appearance.
- Tweeter Level Switch lets you tailor the highs for your room acoustics.
- Wall Distance Toggle Switch flattens frequency response when installation requires placement near a corner or adjacent wall.
- 2 - 5-1/4" Diameter (13.34cm)
- Aerated Polypropylene Dynamic Balance Driver Cones
- 1 - 1" Diameter (2.54cm) Ring Radiator tweeter
- Overall Frequency Response
- Lower -3dB Limit
- Upper -3dB Limit
- Nominal Impedance
- Recommended Amplifier Power
- Heavy duty springloaded terminals
- Unit: 12.5 lbs each
- Shipping: 15 lbs
- Overall Diameter: 14"
- Cut-out Diameter: 12.5"
- Mounting Depth (assumes 1/2" wall material): 8.25"
- Overall Depth: 8.75"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): Lifetime Warranty