JBL Control 26C/CT 6.5 Inch 2 Way Ceiling Speakers - CONTROL26CT
The Control 26C is a compact ceiling speaker providing premium performance in background, foreground music sound systems. The Control 26C is perfectly suited for a wide variety of applications from casinos and hotels to upscale restaurants and themed locations. High power handling, wide frequency response and low distortion make the Control 26C ideal for sound systems requiring a higher fidelity sound from ceiling loudspeakers. The premium performance capability ensures excellent sound character, providing pleasant, enveloping sound throughout the listening area.
The Control 26Cs 16 ohm impedance allows use of multiple speakers in parallel without having to use a more expensive constant voltage distributed system. The optional Control 26CT version includes a multitap transformer for 70V/100V systems.
JBLs exclusive SonicGuard overload protection is a non-invasive loudspeaker protection system that is inaudible to the listener, ensuring reliability while providing full fidelity sound. The computer-optimized ported enclosure delivers warm, smooth bass response. Low frequency output can be further augmented with the addition of one of the Control Contractor subwoofer models.
The 165 mm (6.5 in) woofer features a polyurethane-coated cone and pure butylrubber surround for long life, even in high humidity environments. An aluminum voice coil former provides extra cooling for greater long-term power handling.
The coaxially mounted 19 mm (¾ in) titanium coated tweeter provides crisp, clear highs. Diffraction-loading of the tweeter provides wide, even coverage of the listening area. The extremely broad 110° coverage pattern allows for fewer speakers to be used, making for a simpler and less expensive installation.
- Coaxially mounted 165 mm (6.5 in) woofer with butyl rubber surround and 19 mm (¾ in) titanium coated diffraction-loaded tweeter
- High power, wide frequency response and low distortion for high sound level capability
- Wide coverage allows fewer speakers, reducing the cost of the installed sound system without sacrificing performance
- JBLs exclusive SonicGuardTM overload protection allows higher operational levels and improved system reliability (26C only)
- Packaged with grille, backcan and tile rails for fast installation and easy dealer stocking
- Freq. Range (-10 dB)1: 75 Hz - 20 kHz
- Power Capacity2: 150 Watts Continuous Program Power 75 Watts Continuous Pink Noise
- Nominal Sensitivity3: 89 dB SPL, 1W @ 1 m (3.3 ft)
- Nominal Coverage Angle4: 110 deg conical coverage
- Directivity Factor (Q): 5.9 averaged 500 Hz to 4 kHz
- Directivity Index (DI): 4.6 averaged 500 Hz to 4 kHz
- Rated Maximum SPL: 107 dB @ 1 m (3.3 ft)
- Nominal Impedance (26C): 16 ohms (Min Z 16.5 @ 290 Hz)
- Transformer Taps (26CT): 070V: 60W, 30W, 15W & 7.5W taps 100V: 60W, 30W, & 15W taps
- Low-Frequency: 165 mm (6.5 in) Polypropelene-coated, 1" coil on aluminum former
- High-Frequency: 19 mm (. in) Titanium coated polyester
- Enclosure: Backcan: Formed steel Baffle/Rim: Medium impact polystyrene, fire rated UL94V-0
- Overload Protection: Full-range power limiting to protect network and transducers. (On Control 26C, not on Control 26CT)
- Termination: Removable locking connector with screw-down terminals. 2 input terminals and 2 loop-thru output terminals. Max. wire 12 AWG (2.5 mm2)
- Safety Agency Rating: In accordance with IEC60849 / EN60849. Suitable for use in air handling spaces, per U.L.-2043, U.L.-1480, NFPA90, NFPA70A.
What's In The Box:
- C-shaped support backing plate
- 2 tile support rails (fits both 2 x 4 ft or 600 x 1200 mm tiles)
- Cutout template
- Paint shield
- Removable locking wiring connector
- Unit: 15 lbs per pair
- Shipping: 18 lbs per pair
- Diameter: 7.5" front of ceiling tile to back of backcan
- Height: 8.3 x 9.9"
- Cutout Size: 8.75"
Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1Year Limited Parts And Labor