Kenwood eXcelon Gouriki Mono Digital Power Amplifier - X1200M
The Japanese kanji characters symbolize “powerfulness”. It is a character that stands for rigidity and strength. The X1200M delivers the highest levels of output power possible thanks to its Dual Power Supply that reduces voltage loss allowing the amplifier to perform under extreme demands.
Class D Amplifier
For subwoofer applications, Class D amps are beautifully efficient and their small size offers installation flexibility. Before amplifying an incoming signal, a Class D amp converts the signal to digital. Digital signals can be amplified very efficiently, so you get a lot more power with less current. Less input current reduces power supply size and generates less waste heat, thus reducing the heat sink size. The amp then converts the amplified signal back to analog.
Dual Sigma Drive
This advanced negative feed back circuit improves damping factor and increases accuracy and sound quality. When a signal is passed to a subwoofer, like a 50Hz note, the speaker will move and create the note. However, because the speaker has mass and a suspension, it won’t stop moving once it’s in motion. This extra movement (sound) creates a type of distortion that’s not part of the original signal. The negative feedback circuit senses this unwanted movement and send out an opposite pulse to stop the speaker like an electronic brake.
Dual Power Supply
This design provides one power supply for positive current and one power supply fro negative current. The result is cleaner voltage source, less failure due to short circuit or power loss due to variances in transformer tolerances, and less transformer noise even when the positive and negative loads are unstable!
The infrasonic filter eliminates inaudible ultra low frequencies that can cause unwanted distortion. The filter can be adjusted between 15Hz to 40Hz depending on the subwoofer and enclosure being used.
Variable Low Pass Filter
The built-in variable LPF allows the user to select a variable frequency and remove damaging high frequencies from the subwoofer pathway for more bass output with less distortion.
Bass Boost Wired Remote Ready
This optional KCA-WR10 wired remote allows bass boost frequency adjustments and level adjustments for bass. For example you could add a 8dB boost at 43Hz by simply adjusting the position of the knobs. If you are using two amps, you can use a phone splitter so one bass boost can operate both amps.
- Powerful Amplifier Series
- Class D Mono Power Amplifier
- Dual Power Supply
- Digital S Drive
- 1 ohm Load Capability
- Thermal Management
- Power MOS-FET Switching Power Supply
- Optional Bass Boost Wired Remote (KCA-WR10)
- Cast Aluminum Heat Sink Design
- Dual Cooling Fans
- Double-Sided Glass Epoxy Circuit Boards
- Hexagon Screw Type 4AWG Terminal Blocks - Power/Ground
- Hexagon Screw Type 8AWG Terminal Blocks – Speaker Output
- Single-Side Exposure Of Terminals For Multi-Installation
- Line Output Terminals For Extension
RATED OUTPUT POWER (14.4V):
- 800W RMS x 1 @ 4 ohms
- (20Hz-200Hz @ 1%THD)
- 1200W RMS x 1 @ 2 ohms
- (100Hz @ 1% THD)
RMS POWER OUTPUT (CEA-2006)
- 800W RMS x 1
- (RMS @ 4 ohms, 1% THD+N)
- 75dBa Signal-To-Noise Ratio
BUILT-IN CROSSOVER CONTROL:
- Variable Low-Pass Filter: 50Hz-200Hz (-24dB/oct)
- Variable Infrasonic Filter: 15Hz-40Hz (-24dB/oct)
- Battery: Hex Type (4 AWG)
- Ground: Hex Type (4 AWG)
- Speaker: Hex Type (8 AWG)
- Operating Voltage: 14.4V
- Current Consumption: 90A
- S/N Ratio: 105dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-200Hz
- Input Sensitivity: 0.2V ~ 5.0V
- Width: 14.94"
- Height: 2.63"
- Depth: 11.25"
- Unit: 11 lbs
- Shipping: 13 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 2 Years Parts And Labor