Apple MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core i5 Silver Notebook Computer, Model Z0J400030
- Precision aluminum. The new gold standard.
Carved from a single block of aluminum, the MacBook Pro is a true engineering achievement. Its patented unibody enclosure is the product of precise machining. From the thumbscoop to the now-you-see-it-now-you-don’t sleep indicator, no detail is unaccounted for. The end result is a notebook that’s not only breakthrough, but thin, light, polished, and refined. The unibody also makes MacBook Pro more durable than ever. So you can throw it in your briefcase or messenger bag and pull it out at an airport, at school, at the office, or on location without a second thought.
- The longest-lasting Mac notebook battery ever.
The new energy-efficient architecture in every MacBook Pro, along with automatic graphics switching in the 15- and 17-inch models, gives you dramatically longer battery life. On a single charge, the battery in the new 13-inch MacBook Pro lasts up to 10 hours (8 to 9 hours on the 15- and 17-inch MacBook Pro).1 And you’ll get up to 1000 full charge and discharge cycles — that’s nearly three times the lifespan of typical notebook batteries.2 Advanced chemistry and Adaptive Charging allow the battery to maintain charging capabilities longer and determine the optimal way to charge the battery’s cells. Because the battery lasts up to five years, MacBook Pro uses just one battery in the same time a typical notebook uses three. That makes for less waste. And that, in turn, makes for one environmentally friendly battery.
- Powerful graphics, two ways.
MacBook Pro gives you more options for high-performance graphics, starting with the new NVIDIA GeForce 320M integrated graphics processor in the 13-inch model. It’s up to 80 percent faster than the previous generation and is even more energy-efficient for everyday tasks like writing email and surfing the web.3
- A display of brilliance.
Every MacBook Pro has a pristine LED-backlit display with wide-angle viewing and a color gamut usually seen only on a desktop display. So whether you’re watching a movie or making one, you’ve got the perfect canvas. The ultrathin, seamless glass enclosure makes the display strong and durable. And because it’s power efficient and free of mercury and arsenic, this display is greener than ever. Ready for something even more brilliant? The 15-inch model is now available with a high-resolution 1680-by-1050 glossy or antiglare screen that gives you 36 percent more pixels.
- Even the keyboard is advanced.
The rigid aluminum keyboard webbing has been cut precisely to hold the keys. And the keys are curved to perfectly fit fingers. The result? Pure typing bliss. The keyboard is also illuminated, so when you’re in low-light settings, such as airplanes or conference rooms, you can always see what you’re typing.
- It all just clicks.
The first thing you might notice — or not notice — about the MacBook Pro trackpad is the button. The entire trackpad is the button, so you can click anywhere. Without a separate button, the spacious trackpad gives your hands plenty of room to move on the large, silky glass surface. Use two fingers to scroll smoothly up and down a page with inertial scrolling. Pinch to zoom in and out. Rotate an image with your fingertips. Swipe with three fingers to flip through your photo libraries. Swipe with four fingers to show your desktop, view all open windows, or switch applications. If you’re coming from a right-click world, you can right-click with two fingers or configure a right-click area on the trackpad. The more you use the Multi-Touch trackpad, the more you’ll wonder what you ever did without it.
- Everything fits.
Each MacBook Pro comes standard with a large hard drive offering up to 500GB of storage capacity,4 so there’s plenty of room for your photo libraries, video projects, and files. Or, for enhanced durability, you can order a solid-state drive with no moving parts. Choose 128GB, 256GB, or even 512GB. MacBook Pro also features ample high-speed 1066MHz DDR3 memory, with support for up to 8GB of RAM, so you can run more applications at once and quickly access your data and media.
- Nothing but speed. And more speed.
The MacBook Pro lineup starts with advanced Intel Core 2 Duo processors running at up to 2.66GHz. And things only get faster from there. The 15- and 17-inch models now feature the latest Intel Core i5 and Core i7 processors — the fastest dual-core processors on the market — which reach Turbo Boost speeds up to 3.33GHz. With up to 3MB of shared L2 or L3 cache, MacBook Pro runs applications up to 50 percent faster than before.5
- Ports with possibilities.
The 15-inch MacBook Pro is iPod, iPhone, digital camera, and external hard drive ready. If it has a cable, there’s a place for it. You’ll find two USB 2.0 ports and a FireWire 800 port for connecting faster peripherals.
- Mini DisplayPort.
The Mini DisplayPort delivers a pure digital connection to external displays — even large 30-inch displays — quickly and easily. It gives you plug-and-play performance with the Apple LED Cinema Display and supports VGA and DVI, as well as the latest multimedia standards such as DisplayPort and HDMI.6
- From camera to computer.
In an instant.
Transfer your photos and videos to and from your MacBook Pro just as fast as you’re able to take them. Built into the 15-inch MacBook Pro is an SD card slot, so you can edit and share your photos and digital video on the spot.
- Your studio to go.
With the latest 802.11n wireless technology built into MacBook Pro, you’re always seamlessly and effortlessly connected to the wireless world out there, at home, and at work.7 MacBook Pro automatically finds available networks and allows you to join them with just one click. Bluetooth wireless technology is also built in, so brilliant accessories can become your wireless accomplices. With a built-in battery that lasts longer than ever before, you can do everything you need to do, where you need to do it.
- Burn DVDs superfast.
After editing and applying the finishing touches to your home movie masterpiece in iMovie and iDVD, use the ultrafast 8x SuperDrive on your MacBook Pro to burn it to DVD. And because the SuperDrive also writes to double-layer discs (DVDs with nearly 9GB of space), it’s great for backing up data.
- Be everywhere at once.
Cleverly integrated — almost hidden — at the top of the MacBook Pro display is an iSight camera. Use it with iChat, and you can be anywhere without actually being there. Video chat with up to three of your friends, share a video with a colleague, or present to a client.8 Use iSight with Photo Booth for fun photo effects. And there’s no need to waste valuable primping time installing software or configuring the camera. Like everything Mac, iSight just works.
Connections and Expansion
- MagSafe power port
- Gigabit Ethernet port
- One FireWire 800 port (up to 800 Mbps)
- Mini DisplayPort
- Two USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps)
- SD card slot
- Audio in/out
- Kensington lock slot
- AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi wireless networking2 (based on IEEE 802.11n specification); IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) wireless technology
- 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
- Stereo speakers with subwoofers
- Omnidirectional microphone (located under left speaker grille)
- Audio line in minijack (digital/analog)
- Audio line out/headphone minijack (digital/analog)
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone
- 15.4-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors
- Supported resolutions: 1440 by 900 (native), 1280 by 800, 1152 by 720, 1024 by 640, and 800 by 500 pixels at 16:10 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio stretched; 720 by 480 pixels at 3:2 aspect ratio; 720 by 480 pixels at 3:2 aspect ratio stretched
- Optional 15.4-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit widescreen display with 1680 by 1050 pixels (glossy or antiglare)
Graphics and Video Support
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M graphics processor with 256MB of GDDR3 memory on 2.4GHz and 2.53GHz configurations; or 512MB of GDDR3 memory on 2.66GHz configuration
- Intel HD Graphics with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory5
- Automatic graphics switching
- Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors
- iSight camera
- Mini DisplayPort
- Pure digital video output
- DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter (optional)
- VGA output using Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter (optional)
- Dual-link DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter supports 30-inch Apple Cinema HD Display (optional)
- HDMI output using Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter
Processor and Memory
- Full-size backlit keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted “T” arrangement)
- Multi-Touch trackpad for precise cursor control; supports inertial scrolling, pinch, rotate, swipe, three-finger swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities
- 2.4GHz or 2.53GHz Intel Core i5 processor with 3MB shared L3 cache
- 4GB (two 2GB SO-DIMMs) of 1066MHz DDR3 memory; two SO-DIMM slots support up to 8GB
Battery and Power
- 320GB or 500GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard drive; optional 500GB 7200-rpm hard drive, or 128GB, 256GB, or 512GB solid-state drive6
- 8x slot-loading SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
- Maximum write: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R; 4x DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW, DVD+RW; 24x CD-R; 10x CD-RW
- Maximum read: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-ROM; 6x DVD-ROM (double layer DVD-9), DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW, DVD+RW; 24x CD
Electrical and Operating Requirements
- Built-in 77.5-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- 85W MagSafe Power Adapter with cable management system
- MagSafe power port
- up to 8-9 hrs wireless productivity
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F
(10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -13° to 113° F
(-24° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
What’s in the box:
- Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard (includes iTunes, Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Front Row, Xcode Developer Tools)
- iLife (includes iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iWeb, GarageBand)
- MacBook Pro
- Display cleaning cloth
- 85W MagSafe Power Adapter, AC wall plug, and power cord
- Software DVDs
- Printed and electronic documentation
Environmental Status Report:
MacBook Pro is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact:
- Highly recyclable aluminum and glass enclosure
- Mercury-free LED-backlit display
- Arsenic-free display glass
- Reduced packaging volume
- Meets ENERGY STAR Version 5.0 requirements
- Rated EPEAT Gold4
- Height: 0.95"
- Width: 14.35"
- Depth: 9.82"
- Unit: 5.6 lbs
- Shipping: 11 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty(authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts and Labor with 90 Days Phone Support