Apple MacBook 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo White Notebook Computer, Model MC516LLA
- Next-generation NVIDIA graphics.
New, high-performance NVIDIA graphics bring more speed and efficiency to just about everything you do on a MacBook.
- Long-lasting 10-hour battery.
The built-in battery now lasts up to 10 hours on a single charge.2 So you can stay online and unplugged for longer than ever.
- Glass Multi-Touch trackpad.
The spacious trackpad gives you plenty of room to navigate, use Multi-Touch gestures, and move up and down pages smoothly with inertial scrolling.
- Durable unibody enclosure.
Just 1.08 inches thin and weighing only 4.7 pounds,3 MacBook features a sleek and durable unibody enclosure that slips easily into your bag or backpack.
Processor and memory
- 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 3MB on-chip shared L2 cache
- 1066MHz frontside bus
- 2GB (two 1GB SO-DIMMs) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM; two SO-DIMM slots support up to 4GB
- AirPort Extreme 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible4
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
- 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
- 13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors
- Supported resolutions: 1280 by 800 (native), 1152 by 720, 1024 by 768, 1024 by 640, 800 by 600, 800 by 500, 720 by 480, and 640 by 480 pixels at 16:10 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio; 720 by 480 pixels at 3:2 aspect ratio
Graphics and video support
- NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory5
- Extended desktop and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors
- iSight camera
- Mini DisplayPort
Video output options
- DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
- VGA output using Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
- Dual-link DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter supports 30-inch Apple Cinema HD Display (optional)
- HDMI output using a third-party Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter
- Full-size keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted “T” arrangement)
- Multi-Touch trackpad for precise cursor control; supports inertial scrolling, pinch, rotate, swipe, three-finger swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities
Connections and expansion
- MagSafe power port
- Gigabit Ethernet port
- Mini DisplayPort
- Two USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps)
- Audio in/out
- Kensington lock slot
- 250GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard disk drive; optional 320GB or 500GB 5400-rpm drive4
8x slot-loading SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
- Maximum write: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R; 4x DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW, DVD+RW; 24x CD-R; 10x CD-RW
- Maximum read: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-ROM; 6x DVD-ROM (double layer DVD-9), DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW, and DVD+RW; 24x CD
Battery and power²
- Built-in 63.5-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- 60W MagSafe Power Adapter with cable management system
- MagSafe power port
Electrical and operating requirements
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -13° to 113° F (-24° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
- Stereo speakers
- Omnidirectional microphone
- Combined headphone/line in (supports digital output)
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone
What’s in the box:
- MagSafe Power Adapter, AC wall plug, and power cord
- Software DVDs
- Printed and electronic documentation
- Included software: Mac OS X Snow Leopard + iLife
- Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard (includes Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Front Row, Xcode Developer Tools)
- iLife (includes iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand, iWeb, iDVD)
Environmental Status Report:
MacBook is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact:
- Recyclable polycarbonate enclosure
- Mercury-free LED-backlit display
- Arsenic-free display glass
- Reduced packaging volume
- Meets ENERGY STAR Version 5.0 requirements
- Rated EPEAT Gold7
- Height: 1.08"
- Width: 13"
- Depth: 9.12"
- Unit: 4.7 lbs³
- Shipping: 8 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty(authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts and Labor with 90 Days Phone Support
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- MacBook testing conducted by Apple in April 2010 using preproduction 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo-based MacBook units. Battery life depends on configuration and use. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information. The wireless productivity test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing various websites and editing text in a word processing document with display brightness set to the middle setting.
- Actual weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Wireless Internet access requires a base station or other wireless access point and Internet access; fees may apply. Some ISPs are not currently compatible with AirPort.
- Memory available to Mac OS X may vary depending on graphics needs. Minimum graphics memory usage is 256MB.
- PVC-free AC power cord is available in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Colombia, El Salvador, Guatemala, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, and Venezuela.
- MacBook achieved a Gold rating from EPEAT in the U.S., Canada, France, Germany, and the UK.