Canon PowerShot SD4000 IS Black 10 Megapixel Digital Camera - SD4000ISBLACK
In a Class of Its Own.
Loaded with first-of-its-kind features and high-end capabilities, the Canon PowerShot SD4000 IS Digital ELPH gives ELPH lovers all new reasons to step up. Never before has Canon equipped an ELPH with a back-illuminated CMOS sensor-driven HS SYSTEM or an f/2.0 lens - both of which deliver incredible images in low light. And shooting action or sporting events has never been so fun, with High-Speed Burst mode and the Super Slow Motion Movie function to mix things up. You'll control shots like a pro with Aperture- and Shutter-priority modes, and play your 720p HD movies effortlessly on your HDTV. All this from a super-slim style icon - what more could you ask?
- A new 10.0 Megapixel CMOS sensor combined with the DIGIC 4 Image Processor create the Canon HS SYSTEM for improved low light performance and better image quality.
- A bright f/2.0 lens, great for shooting in low light conditions or using a shallow depth-of-field for great images with beautiful soft backgrounds.
- 720p HD movie shooting capability plus HDMI output connector for easy playback of video and photos on your HDTV.
- Shoot slow motion video with the Super Slow Motion Movie function or capture fast action shots with the High-Speed Burst mode.
- Bring creativity to your photos with new scene modes such as Miniature Effect and Fisheye Effect. Plus Low Light mode for dimly-lit situations.
- Shoot like a pro with Aperture- and Shutter-priority modes for extra control of your images.
- PowerShot SD4000 IS Digital ELPH Body
- Lithium-ion Battery Pack NB-6L
- Battery Charger CB-2LY
- Wrist Strap WS-DC7
- AV Cable AVC-DC400ST
- USB Interface Cable IFC-400PCU
- Digital Camera Solution CD-ROM
Type of Camera
- Type of Camera: Compact digital still camera w/built-in flash, 3.8x Optical zoom & 4.0x Digital & 15x Combined Zoom
Image Capture Device
- Type: 10.0 Megapixel 1/2.3-inch CMOS
- Total Pixels: Approx. 10.6 Megapixels
- Effective Pixels: Approx. 10.0 Megapixels
- Focal Length: 4.9 (W) - 18.6 (T) mm (35 mm film equivalent: 28 (W) - 105 (T) mm)
- Digital Zoom: Approx. 4.0x (Up to approx. 15x in combination with the optical zoom)
- Still images: not available when the recording pixel setting is W.
- Movies: optical zoom not available while shooting.
- Focusing Range:
- Normal AF: 1.2 in. (3 cm) - infinity (W), 12 in. (30 cm) - infinity (T);
Macro AF: Macro: 1.2 in. - 1.6 ft. (3 - 50 cm) (W), 12 in. - 1.6 ft. (30 - 50 cm) (T)
- Autofocus System: TTL Autofocus
Viewfinder & Monitor
- Viewfinder: N/A
- LCD Monitor: 3.0-inch TFT color LCD, with wide viewing angle
- LCD Pixels: Approx. 230,000 dots
- LCD Coverage: Approx. 100%
Aperture and Shutter
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.0 (W) / f/5.3 (T)
The following f/numbers are available in Av:
- W: f/2.0/2.2/2.5/2.8/3.2/3.5/4.0/4.5/5.0/5.6/6.3/7.1/8.0
- T: f/5.3/5.6/6.3/7.1/8.0
- Shutter Speed:
- 1 - 1/2500 sec.
- 15 - 1/2500 sec. (Total shutter speed range)
- Shutter speeds differ depending on the shooting mode.
- Shutter speeds available in Tv mode:
15, 13, 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3.2, 2.5, 2, 1.6, 1.3, 1, 0.8, 0.6, 0.5, 0.4, 0.3, 1/4, 1/5, 1/6, 1/8, 1/10, 1/13, 1/15, 1/20, 1/25, 1/30, 1/40, 1/50, 1/60, 1/80, 1/100, 1/125, 1/160, 1/200, 1/250, 1/320, 1/400, 1/500, 1/640, 1/800, 1/1000,1/1250, 1/1600, 1/2000 (Unit: sec.)
- ISO Sensitivity: Auto*, ISO 125/200/400/800/1600/3200
* Camera automatically sets the optimal ISO speed according to shooting mode.
- Light Metering Method: Evaluative*, Center-Weighted average, Spot**
- * Facial brightness is evaluated in Face AiAF.
- ** Fixed to center.
- Exposure Control Method: AE Lock
- Exposure Compensation: +/-2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- White Balance Control: Auto*, Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Custom
- *Facial color is evaluated in Face AiAF.
- Built-in Flash: Auto, Red-eye Reduction, Auto Red-eye Correction, Flash On, Flash Off; FE lock, Slow Synchro, Smart Flash
- Flash Range: 30 cm - 6.0 m (W), 50 cm - 2.0 m (T) (12 in. - 20 ft. (W), 1.6 - 6.6 ft. (T))
- Image brightness may diminish depending on the shooting distance.
- Recycling Time: 10 sec. or less (battery voltage: 3.7 V)
- Shooting Modes: Auto*, Av, Tv, P, Portrait, Night Snapshot, Kids & Pets, Indoor, Smart Shutter**, High-Speed Burst, Low Light, Color Accent, Color Swap, Fisheye Effect, Miniature Effect, Beach, Foliage, Snow, Fireworks, Stitch Assist, Movie
- *Automatically detects shooting scene
- **Smile, Wink Self-timer, Face Detection Self-timer
- Photo Effects: My Colors Off/Vivid/Neutral/Sepia/Black & White/Positive Film/Lighter Skin/Darker Skin/Vivid Blue/Vivid Green/Vivid Red/Custom Color*
- * Adjustment of contrast, sharpness, saturation, red, green, blue and skin tone are available.
- Self-Timer: Approx. 10-sec. delay/approx. 2-sec. delay/custom*
- *Shooting start time (0 - 10 sec. (in one-second increments), 15/20/30 sec.) and number of shots (1 - 10 shots (in one-shot increments)) can be specified.
- Continuous Shooting:
- Normal: Approx. 3.7 shots/sec.*
- Low Light: Approx. 6.0 shots/sec.*
- High-Speed Burst: Approx. 8.4 shots/sec.**
- * Depending on the shooting conditions, the camera settings and the zoom position, the shooting speed may slow down. As the number of images increases, the shooting speed may slow down.
- ** Depending on the shooting conditions, camera settings and the zoom position, the shooting speed may slow down. As the number of images increases, the shooting interval may take longer.
- Storage Media: SD memory card, SDHC memory card, SDXC memory card, MultiMediaCard, MMCplus card, HC MMCplus card, Eye-Fi card
- File Format: Design rule for camera file system, DPOF Version 1.1 compliant
- Image Compression: Normal, Fine
- JPEG Compression Mode
- Still Image: Exif 2.2 (JPEG)
- Movie: MOV (Image: Motion JPEG; Audio: Linear PCM (Stereo))
- Number of Recording Pixels:
- Large: 3648 x 2736, Medium 1: 2816 x 2112
- Medium 2: 2272 x 1704, Medium 3: 1600 x 1200
- Small: 640 x 480, Widescreen: 3648 x 2048
- Playback Modes File
- Auto Rotate (Automatic vertical/horizontal detection), Resume Playback, Image Advance (Operation Tools, Transition effects, Scroll Display), Rotate, Favorites, My Category, Jump, Smart Shuffle, Filtered Playback, Slide Show (Playback Interval, Repeat, Effect, Playlist)
- Still Images: Single, Index, Magnification, Information Display, Red-eye Correction, i-Contrast, Trimming, Resize, My Colors, Focus Check, Histogram, Overexposure Warning
- Movies: Normal Playback*, Slow Motion**, Special Playback, Editing, Resume
- * Auto settings available in 5 levels.
- ** 5 levels (including normal playback), sound not available.
- Select image, select range, all images (all filtered images)
- The image data in the memory card stored with the Design rule for Camera File systems format can be erased (however, protected images cannot be erased). - Using the Movie editing function, sections of the movie (1 sec. increments) can be deleted.
- Computer Interface: USB 2.0 Hi-Speed USB (dedicated female connector with unified type of digital, audio and video*)
- Video Out: NTSC/PAL (dedicated connector (female) with unified type of digital, audio and video)
- Audio Out: Stereo (dedicated connector (female) with unified type of digital, audio and video)
- Other: Memory card slot; direct connection to Canon SELPHY Compact Photo Printers, PIXMA Inkjet Photo Printers and PictBridge-compatible printers via camera's USB 2.0 Hi-Speed cable
- Power Source: Battery Pack NB-6L, AC Adapter ACK-DC40
- Shooting Capacity: Approx. 250 shots
- Playback Time: Approx. 7 hours.
- Operating Temperature: 32-104°F/0-40°C
- Operating Humidity: 10-90%
- Height: 2.13"
- Width: 3.94"
- Depth: 0.93"
- Unit: 0.35 lbs
- Shipping: 5 lb
- Manufacturers Warranty(authorized online retailer): One Year Parts and Labor