Sonos Black Play:5 Music System, Model PLAY5US1BLK
Previously known as Sonos S5, SONOS PLAY:5 is the original, bigger room, all-in-one Sonos player that’s a powerhouse of sound. With five integrated speakers and five digital amps, PLAY:5 streams all the music on earth wirelessly in any room. Control with free apps for your Android™ smartphone, iPhone® or iPad®. The Play:5 is available in both black and white.
- Crystal-clear, room-filling sound
The Play:5 is a high-performance wireless music system with 2 tweeters, 2 mid-range drivers and 1 subwoofer driver for bass you can feel. Each speaker is powered by a dedicated digital amplifier (5 in all) and optimized to deliver
accurate tonal balance and deep bass. The Play:5’s all digital sound architecture provides precise sound reproduction, just as the artist intended. And all filter settings, active equalization and time-alignment are done in the digital domain through state-of-the-art DSP circuitry, so there’s absolutely no loss of audio quality or energy.
- Convenient, all-in-one solution
The Play:5 is a complete wireless music system that works wherever you want music. No need to connect to speakers or audio equipment. Just plug it in and enjoy. Want music in another room? Simply add more Play:5s to your house without adding wires. And when the party moves outside or to another room, just pick up the Play:5 with the convenient, built-in handle and take the music with you.
- Instant access to endless music
Sonos liberates the music on the Internet, your computer and more, so you can wirelessly play it all over the home. Wherever there’s an Play:5 (or any other ZonePlayer), you can tune in to 100,000 Internet radio stations, shows and podcasts and stream millions of songs and stations from the most popular online music services. Plus, you can play your entire personal music library, like iTunes®, in any or every room. You can even connect to your favorite audio source, such as an Apple AirPort Express®, CD player or TV and listen on all the ZonePlayers throughout your home.
- Control it all with your favorite mobile devices…and more
Wirelessly control all your music and all your ZonePlayers with your choice of Sonos Controllers. Got an Android™ smartphone, iPhone®, iPod touch®, or iPad™? Then, simply download one of the free Sonos Controller apps and take control with the mobile device you already have and love. Want a dedicated Controller that everyone in the home can use? Grab the touch screen Sonos Controller 200 and pick a room, find a song and touch play. Got a desktop or laptop? Then use the Sonos Controller for Mac or PC for added control. They all work together seamlessly so mix and match to your heart’s content.
- Best-in-class wireless technology for multi-room music
The Play:5 brings great sounding music wirelessly to any room in your house, without a big wiring project. SonosNet 2.0, our wireless mesh network technology, provides superior wireless range for whole-house coverage, ensures synchronous music playback, and avoids sources of wireless interference. Which means the music gets to all the right rooms — near or far — at exactly the right time.
- Simple setup & expansion
Setting up your Play:5 is incredibly easy — simply plug it in. No technical or wiring expertise required. No speakers or audio equipment to connect. All you need is a high-speed Internet connection and a router to get started. One ZonePlayer or ZoneBridge in your system must be connected to the router and all the rest will work wirelessly. Add more Play:5s in more rooms without wires.
- New features and music services with automatic updates
Unlike most other consumer electronic products, the Play:5 and the entire Sonos system keep getting better even after you buy it. With free automatic software updates you’ll always have the newest features and music services to enjoy. Just register your system and Sonos will automatically notify you when software updates are available. Simply press one button and your system updates itself.
Play:5 ZonePlayer Specifications:
- Amplifiers: Five Class-D digital amplifiers
- Speakers: Five driver speaker system – two tweeters, two 3” mid-range drivers, and one 3.5” woofer. Each driver of the product is individually powered by a dedicated amplifier.
- Headphone connection: Auto-detecting 3.5 mm headphone connection. The Play:5’s integrated speakers mute when headphones are inserted.
- Audio line in: Auto-detecting 3.5mm audio line-in connection
- Stereo Pair setting: Allows you to group two Play:5s in the same room with one Play:5 serving as the left channel and the other as the right channel.
- Audio formats supported:
Support for compressed MP3, iTunes Plus, WMA (including purchased Windows Media downloads), AAC (MPEG4), Ogg Vorbis, Audible (format 4), Apple Lossless, Flac (lossless) music files, as well as uncompressed WAV and AIFF files.
Native support for 44.1kHz sample rates. Additional support for 48kHz, 32kHz, 24kHz, 22kHz, 16kHz, 11kHz, and 8kHz sample rates.
- Music services supported: Deezer, iheartradio, Last.fm, Napster®, Pandora®, Rdio®, Rhapsody®, SiriusXM™ Internet Radio, Spotify®, Wolfgang's Vault and downloads from any service offering DRM-free tracks. (Service availability varies by region.
- Apple AirPlay music sources: Connect an Apple AirPlay® music source, such as an Apple AirPort Express® to any Sonos ZonePlayer via line-in. Enjoy songs from your iPhone®, iPad™ or iPod touch® in any or every room of the home.
Connect an Apple AirPort Express® to any Sonos ZonePlayer via line-in and stream songs from your iPhone®, iPad™ or iPod touch® all over your home.
- Operating systems (for stored files): Windows® XP SP2 and higher; Mac OS X v10.4 and higher; NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices supporting CIFS
- Internet radio supported: Streaming MP3, WMA
- Album art supported: JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
- Playlists supported: iTunes®, Rhapsody, WinAmp®, Windows Media Player®, and MusicMatch™ (.m3u, .pls, .wpl)
- Playback modes: Crossfade, shuffle, repeat
- Wireless connectivity: SonosNet 2.0, a secure AES encrypted, peer-to-peer wireless mesh network
- Network bridging: 2-port switch (10/100Mbps, auto MDI/MDIX) allows Ethernet devices to connect through SonosNet
- Power supply: AC 120/240V, 50-60Hz, auto-switchable
- Top-panel buttons: Volume and Mute
- Top-panel lights: Indicate ZonePlayer status and Mute status
- Operating temperature: 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
- Storage temperature: 4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)
- Multi-language support: Sonos System Software supports Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, and Swedish
- Package contents: Sonos ZonePlayer Play:5, power cord, line-in audio cable, flat Ethernet cable, Sonos System Setup software CD-ROM, Product Guide, and Setup Poster
- Height: 8.5"
- Width: 14.4"
- Depth: 4.8"
- Unit: 9.15 lbs
- Shipping: 12 lbs
- Manufacturer's Warranty (authorized online retailer): OneYear Parts and Labor
- * Internet connection required for access to Internet radio stations, online music services and software updates (DSL, cable modem or LAN-based high-speed Internet connection required.) Internet functionality may require payment of separate fee to a service provider