Pioneer CD Tuner With Digital DSP And USB Port - DEXP99RS
The key to a reference-quality headunit should be simple: it has to reproduce the original source material authentically and naturally. In addition, it must provide powerful digital tools to allow the installer to setup and tune the system. Pioneer has a long heritage of award-winning sound quality headunits, starting almost 2 decades ago with the ODR (Optical Digital Reference) system. The DEX-P99RS is the grandchild of that system, featuring complex technologies and utmost sound purity that shatter your expectations. It truly must be "heard" to be believed.
- Dual L/R Independent 31-Band Equalizers
- L/R Independent 4-Way Crossovers with Slope Setting
- Auto EQ and Auto Time Alignment
- L/R Independent 31-Band Digital Equalizer: Precisely control the in-cabin acoustics with the built-in 31-band Digital Equalizer. Unparalleled flexibility is provided through either Left/Right independent setup, or for easier setup L/R common is available. Adjusts with 1/3 octave step from 20 Hz to 20 kHz, and there are 5 custom memories to allow multiple setups.
- Auto Time Alignment and Auto EQ: Time alignment automatically estimates the delay from each speaker to driver’s position and adjusts speaker sound output timing accordingly by 1/4 inch differences, so that sound from all speakers reaches the driver’s ears in perfect sync. Auto EQ tailors specific musical characteristics according to taste, uses a microphone to monitor and analyze acoustics, then automatically fi ne-tunes all frequency bandwidths and front and rear speaker digital parametric equalization. These entire processes occur in 543 seamless steps in just about 5 minutes.
- 32-Bit Binary Floating-Point DSP: The DEX-P99RS incorporates 32-Bit Binary Floating-Point DSP for high-precision and highspeed sound processing. The unique use of 32-bit "floating point" DSP offers significantly higher accuracy, especially a high frequencies and low signal levels. This new DSP is five times faster than the equivalent DSP used in the DEH-P800PRS or DEH-P880PRS models.
- Copper-Plated Chassis: Copper-plated chassis eliminates magnetic induction noise.
- L/R Symmetric PCB: The entire circuit board is painstakingly designed for utmost sound quality. Circuit trace path lengths are equalized and kept as short as possible, and components are carefully laid out and shielded to prevent RF noise or interference.
- Custom-Made Capacitor: When you name something "Reference Standard", then off-the-shelf components just will not do. Pioneer has sourced custom-made audiophile grade capacitors and other components to ensure the highest quality.
- Digital Direct of iPod Music: The DEX-P99RS features a high-end first: a direct digital bit pipe from the iPod/iPhone to the DSP and DAC. What does this mean? For the first time, you can use an iPod as source material, without sacrificing sound quality. The key is using Apple Lossless (ALAC) to "rip" all of your music. The result is identical to the same output from an audio CD - but you can store your entire music library on the iPod, instead of just a single album!
- L/R Independent High Volt Volume Circuit: When you are talking high-end audio, one is never enough. The DEX-P99RS features a custom-made electric volume driven by a dual-sided power supply (rarely found in regular headunits), which provides overwhelming dynamic range and high S/N (Signal-to-Noise) ratio.
- New High-Precision Sound Master Clock Circuitry: The latest integrated circuits require superior clock signal quality to handle digital data accurately without distortion at ever-higher speeds. Imagine the old fi lm projectors from school - if the timing was off , the image and sound was distorted. The same thing can happen with digital sound, thus the importance of the sound master clock. Inherited from ODR technology, this is the first use in a regular headunit. The Sound Master Clock Circuitry generates clock waveforms to read and process digital signals with ultra-precision, and eliminate jitter noise in transmission. The result is faithful playback of the original source
- Linear Technology's High Performance, High-Slew Rate OP Amp: The DEX-P99RS features this Linear Technology Corporation amplifier used in high-end home audio for its precise gain and sound linearity characteristics.
- 24-Bit AKM DACs
- Off ers S/N ratio as high as 120 dB and high durability to jitter.
- Used for high, mid, low and SW channel (1 each).
- Give superior dynamic range and quietness
- Unit: 2 lbs
- Shipping: 4 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts And Labor