Canon Wireless All-In-One Office Printer with 2.5" LCD & Auto Duplex ADF - MX870
Bring the ultimate wireless printing solution to your home or small office. The PIXMA MX870 Wireless1 Home Office All-In-One lets you print from any room in your home and boasts incredible 9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi2 with tiny 1pl ink droplets and a 5 individual ink tank system. A built-in, fully integrated 35-sheet Auto Document Feeder means fast copying or scanning of your originals so you can tend to other tasks while the printer is at work. Its built-in Auto Duplex Printing prints 2-sided documents without having to manually flip the pages and can reduce your paper consumption by 50%. Combine both of those and you can automatically copy two sided documents without having to flip any paper manually at all. Additionally, various security features like password protected PDF's let you feel safe about creating and distributing your most confidential files.
Super G3 High-speed Fax and networkable Ethernet ensure efficient communication and thanks to Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, your copies will maintain the integrity of the original while you produce remarkable scans at 4800 dpi. This versatile Wireless Office All-In-One also prints photo lab quality pictures. So, utilize 2 Paper Paths to easily select printing documents on plain paper and pictures on photo paper without having to load one paper at a time. Speaking of photos, take full advantage of Canon's fantastic Wi-Fi printing technology and print your photos wirelessly from compatible iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPod touch devices with the new Easy-PhotoPrint for iPhone App, available for free on the app store. Enjoy additional computer-less printing capabilities via compatible memory cards3, PictBridge and optional Bluetooth4 while images are easily viewed on a 2.5” LCD.
Whether you're running your business on a PC or Mac, the PIXMA MX870 meets all of your printing needs in one machine and can fit virtually anywhere!
Speed & Quality
- Extraordinary Resolution —Realize the power of 9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi firing with 1pl. Benefit? Incredible quality and detail in both your business documents and photos.
- High Performance Individual Ink System — This 5-color ink system consists of four dye-based inks plus a pigment-based black ink, producing exceptional photos and crisp, laser-quality text. Only replace the color ink tank that runs out. So, you save money on ink!
- EasyPhoto-Print EX — Your days of driving to the store or waiting on long lines at a kiosk to print your photos are over. Do it yourself at home with your Canon PIXMA printer! Print as many images as you want on photo paper up to 8.5" x 11". You can even print multiple pictures on one page. Plus, with one touch of your mouse, EasyPhoto-Print automatically crops images, corrects red-eye, smoothes facial lines and skin tone and even brightens and sharpens faces.
- Images Per Minute (IPM) — In March 2009, the International Standards Organization implemented a print standard for inkjet printer document print speeds which is a universal measure utilizing three types of standardized test documents in "real world" conditions - one, four page Excel document, one - four page Word document and one-four page PDF document. This new standard will allow you to easily compare the print speeds of printers manufactured by different companies.
Ease of Use
- Fully-Integrated Duplex Auto Document Feeder — The built-in 35 sheet Duplex Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) makes it easy to copy, scan or fax multiple documents without having to load them one at a time. Its full integration makes it easier to fit into tight spots and once it's loaded it lets you do, well whatever you want.
- Built-In Auto Duplex Printing — Keep it green and automatically print, scan and copy on both sides of the page without the hassle of turning it over manually. This saves you time, money and paper - plus you're helping the environment!
- Easy Scroll Wheel — Easily and quickly access and select the various features available for faster operation.
- 2.5" LCD Screen — Easily view, select and edit your images for simple computer-free printing. No downloading needed, just pick your pic and print!
- Dual Color Gamut Technology — Copy with confidence as this built-in technology automatically optimizes your originals so copies stay true to it, time after time, copy after copy.
- Auto Scan Mode5 — Automatically recognizes the type of original, then scans and saves the suitable settings.
- Quick Start — Powering up your printer is now faster than ever. After pressing the power button you can begin inputting commands in approximately two seconds. So, full operation is possible in a much shorter time.
- Auto Photo Fix II — This built-in technology automatically categorizes your images into one of five types - Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Snapshot with Scenery, and Snapshot with Night Scenery - then applies optimal image and multi-zone exposure correction. So, unexposed areas of the photo will be optimized, area by area and faces that are backlit and under-exposed will automatically be brightened with correct color cast to help ensure more accurate skin tones for gorgeous images.
- 2 Way Paper Feeding —To add to your options this feature lets you load paper from the front cassette or rear tray so whether your office or photo lab is open, you're ready to print!
- Easy-WebPrint EX — Easy-WebPrint EX gives you the ability to print what you want off the web, easily. Stop the madness of printing page-after-page. Easy-WebPrintEX allows you to create your own layout, take different sections of different websites and put them all on one page. Move, resize and trim your clips, insert notes and edit text, make it a portrait or landscape, print up to 3 columns on a page and even save the layout as a PDF file.
- Built-In Wireless — Print or scan wirelessly1 from any Wi-Fi enabled computer around the house.
- Built-In Ethernet — This wired LAN interface lets you connect to a home or office network, with connected computers sharing the power of this versatile machine, each being able to display the printer's status at any moment.
- Super G3 Fax14 — The business fax standard for color and PC facsimiles on plain paper meets the home office workhorse with 100 coded speed dials6 and up to 250 incoming pages6 to meet your every communication need.
- iPhone Printing — Take full advantage of Canon's fantastic Wi-Fi printing technology to unlock, print and share your stored images right on the spot. Print your photos wirelessly from compatible iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPod touch models11.
- Memory Cards / USB / PictBridge & Optional Bluetooth — Don't feel like using a computer? No problem. Just insert a compatible memory card into the built in card slot, select images on the LCD display, and print! Thanks to a PictBridge connection you can also print photos directly from your USB Flash Drive, digital camera, DV camcorder or camera phone. Plus, you can print from the optional BU-30 wireless Bluetooth4 unit.
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed —Plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
Tap into Great Prints
- Want an easy way to print those snapshots you capture everyday-instantly? Download the FREE Canon Easy-PhotoPrint app. to your iPhone or iPod touch and tap your way to great looking wireless prints with select Canon printers. Visit www.usa.canon.com/iepp for more information.
Fun Print Projects
- Imagine and explore all the possibilities with Creative Park. You'll find lots of fun materials you can download and print for FREE! Enjoy creative crafts such as 3D Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, Greeting Cards and so much more!
Energy Star Qualified
- Energy Star qualified products and practices help you save money and reduce greenhouse emissions by meeting strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy. For more information regarding Canon Energy Star, visit www.usa.canon.com/energystar
- Printing Method Inkjet
- Print Speed (up to)
- Color Photo: 4" x 6" borderless photo: approx. 39 seconds3
- Black: ESAT;9.4 ipm2
- Color: ESAT;6.1 ipm2
- Number of Nozzles
- Nozzles: Black: 320
- Color: 2,048
- Total: 2,368
- Picoliter Size (color) 1, 2 and 5
- Print Resolution (up to)
- Color: Up to 9600 x 2400 dpi2
- Black: Up to 600 x 600 dpi2
- Paper Sizes 4" x 6", 5"x 7", 8" x 10", Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes
- Paper Compatibility Plain: Plain Paper, High Resolution Paper; Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum, Photo Paper Pro II; Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy; Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi- Gloss; Matte: Matte Photo Paper; Envelope: U.S.# 10 Envelope
- Printer Features Auto Document Feeder, Auto Document Fix, Auto Duplex Print, Auto Photo Fix II, Auto Sheet Feeder, Borderless Printing12, Document Printing, Photo Printing, Template Print Paper Handling
- Paper Handling text: Auto Sheet Feeder: 150 Pages Paper Cassette: 150 Pages ADF: 35 Pages
- Copy Speed (up to) ESAT: Color 4.3 ipm
- Reductions Enlargement 25% - 400%
- Copy Features 4-in-1 / 2-in-1 Copy, AE (Auto Exposure / Intensity) copy, Auto Duplex Copy, Borderless, Fit-to-Page, Gutter Shadow Correction Copy, Image Repeat, Intensity, Multiple Copy: 1-99 pages, Preset Copy, Ratios, Sort (ADF), Zoom
- Scanner Element Contact Image Sensor (CIS)
- Max. Resolutions
- Optical: 2400 x 4800 dpi
- ADF: 600 x 600 dpi
- Interpolated: 19,200 x 19,200 dpi
- Color Depth 48-bit internal/24-bit external
- Max. Document Size
- Flatbed:8.5" x 11.7"
- ADF: 8.5" x 14"
- Modem Speed Up to 33.6 Kbps (Super G3 color FAX)6
- Transmission Speed (approx.)
- Black: Approx. 3 sec per page14
- Color: Approx. 1 min per page14
- Memory Capacity Approx. 250 Pages 15
- Speed Dialing 100 Locations
- Fax Features Answering Machine Connectivity, Group Dialing, One-Touch Speed Dialing, Redial, Remote Reception
- Other Features Wireless Printing1, 2.5" LCD, Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, Ethernet, Fully-Integrated Auto Duplex Auto Document Feeder, PictBridge, Quick Start
- OS Compatibility Windows® 7, Windows® Vista, Windows XP/2000 and Mac OS® X v10.4.11 - 10.6.x17
- Standard Interface
- Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b/g)1, (Compatible with IEEE 802.11n)16
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
- Card Slots (See Memory Card Support)
- PictBridge (Cable not included)
- Bluetooth® v2.0 (Optional)4
- Software Included
- Setup Software & User's Guide CD-ROM
- MX870 Printer Driver
- Easy-PhotoPrint EX
- Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows Only)18
- MP Navigator EX
- Solution Menu
- Unit: 26 lbs
- Shipping: 30 lbs
- Depth: 17.1"
- Height: 8.9"
- Width: 19.4"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Limited Parts And Labor