Apple Mac Mini 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - Z0H50004Q
- Way more than meets the eye. A 1.4-inch-thin, aluminum unibody enclosure hides a powerful, full-size computer. And a removable bottom panel gives you easy access to memory.
- 2x graphics. 2x fun. With up to two times faster graphics than ever before, Mac mini brings high performance to everything from playing 3D games to checking email.
- World's most energy-efficient desktop computer. Mac mini is even more environmentally friendly. When idle, it uses less than 10 watts — something no other desktop can do.2
- An Incredibly Compatible Computer. If you already have it, chances are you can use it with Mac mini. Plug in your own display, keyboard, and mouse. Turn it on. And just like that, everything works together. You can even swap peripherals with another desktop computer. That’s one of the great things about Mac mini. You can mix and match it with just about anything.
- Mac Mini Comes To The Big Screen. It’s easy to connect Mac mini to the biggest screen in the house — your HDTV — courtesy of a built-in HDMI port. Plug in one HDMI cable and start enjoying content on your Mac mini in brilliant HD. Like movies and TV shows from iTunes, the Internet, and your photo library. There’s also a handy control that lets you easily adjust the output on Mac mini to fill even the biggest HDTV screen. And when you just want to listen to music, you can play your entire iTunes collection through your home entertainment center, or stream it to a set of speakers in any room via an AirPort Express Base Station.2
- Plenty Of Ports Make It Ready For Anything. Mac mini makes things happen. It can connect to any digital display right out of the box. In addition to HDMI, Mac mini comes with both Mini DisplayPort output and an HDMI-to-DVI adapter, so it’s ready to connect to the Apple LED Cinema Display or a third-party display you already have. You can even connect two displays to see more of your photos, movies, and files. And there’s a built-in SD card slot, which makes it easy to grab photos and videos from your digital still or video camera. Mac mini gives you ports galore: four USB 2.0 ports and one FireWire 800 port, so you can plug in your keyboard, mouse, iPod, iPhone, iPad, digital camera, DV camcorder, external hard drive, printer, and just about any other device you use.
- Souped-Up Graphics. Mac mini refuses to act its size. It gives you next-generation NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics — the fastest integrated graphics processor on the market today — and speedy DDR3 memory. With 48 processing cores and 256MB of shared video memory, this graphics processor delivers up to twice the performance of the previous generation. It brings more pixel-pushing power to the latest 3D games and graphics-intensive applications. And you’ll notice a big difference when you work with high-resolution photos and high-definition video. The most surprising part? You don’t have to sacrifice efficiency for speed. The NVIDIA GeForce 320M is more energy efficient than its predecessor. All of which proves you really can do more with less.
- More Memory. More Oomph. A little Mac mini goes a long way. With up to 8GB of memory, Mac mini supports twice the memory of the previous generation. So now you can run more applications at the same time. Mac mini is powered by a 2.4GHz or 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, with a superfast 1066MHz frontside bus and 3MB of L2 cache for a nice little performance boost. Which goes to show that size can be deceiving.
- Instant Connection. The latest 802.11n wireless technology is built into every Mac mini.2 It automatically connects to your Wi-Fi network, so you can get right down to surfing the web, printing, and streaming your music wirelessly. Bluetooth wireless technology is also built in, so you can connect accessories such as a wireless keyboard and mouse.
- Personal Space. Now you can get a 320GB or 500GB hard drive1 and pack in your photo libraries, movies, music, files, and more, more, more. You can also play and burn all the DVDs and CDs you want with the fast, slot-loading SuperDrive.
- DIY Memory. Thanks to a removable bottom panel, now it’s easy to open Mac mini and add memory. Just a slight twist of the panel, and you’re inside Mac mini. Simply pop your memory into the SO-DIMM slot, then twist the panel back on. And you’re done.
Processor And Memory
- 2.4GHz or 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
- 3MB on-chip shared L2 cache
- 1066MHz frontside bus
- 2GB (two 1GB SO-DIMMs) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM; two SO-DIMM slots support up to 8GB
- One FireWire 800 port (up to 800 Mbps)
- Four USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps)
- SD card slot
Graphics And Video Support
- NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory4
- Mini DisplayPort with support for up to 2560-by-1600 resolution
- HDMI port with support for up to 1920-by-1200 resolution
- DVI output using HDMI to DVI Adapter (included)
- VGA output using Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter (sold separately)
- Support for extended desktop and video mirroring across both ports
- AirPort Extreme 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking5; IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) wireless technology
- 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet (RJ-45) interface with support for jumbo frames
- Audio line in minijack (digital/analog)
- Audio line out/headphone minijack (digital/analog)
- HDMI port supports multichannel audio output
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone
- 320GB or 500GB Serial ATA hard disk drive6
- 8x slot-loading SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
- Maximum read: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-ROM, DVD-ROM (double layer DVD-9), DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW, and DVD+RW; 24x CD
- Maximum write: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R; 6x DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW; 8x DVD+RW; 24x CD-R; 24x CD-RW
Electrical And Operating Requirements
- Line voltage: 100-240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz, single phase
- Maximum continuous power: 85W
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -40° to 116° F (-40° to 47° C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- Maximum altitude: 10,000 feet
- Typical acoustical performance Sound pressure level (operator position): 14 dBA at idle7
What's In The Box:
- Mac mini
- HDMI to DVI Adapter
- Power cord
- Install/restore DVDs
- Printed and electronic documentation
- Width: 7.7"
- Depth: 7.7"
- Height: 1.4"
- Unit: 3 lbs
- Shipping: 5 lbs
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Actual weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Memory available to Mac OS X may vary depending on graphics needs. Minimum graphics memory usage is 256MB for 2GB configuration.
- Wireless Internet access requires a base station or other wireless access point and Internet access; fees may apply. Some ISPs are not currently compatible with AirPort.
- Mac mini achieved a Gold rating from EPEAT in the U.S., Canada, France, Germany, and the U.K.
- Acoustics measured from typical operator position sitting in front of standard Mac mini system. Acoustics may vary by configuration.