Apple Mac OS X v10.6.3 Snow Leopard Family Pack Software Update - MC574ZA
Upgrade from Mac OS X Leopard with Snow Leopard, a simpler, more powerful, and more refined version of Mac OS X. It delivers a wide range of enhancements, next-generation technologies, out-of-the-box support for Microsoft Exchange Server, and new accessibility features. It's the world's most advanced operating system, finely tuned from installation to shutdown.
The Family Pack Software License Agreement allows you to install and use one copy of the Apple software on up to a maximum of five (5) Apple-labeled computers at a time as long as those computers are located in the same household and used by persons who occupy that household. By “household” we mean a person or persons who share the same housing unit such as a home, apartment, mobile home, or condominium, including students who are primary residents of that household but reside at a separate on-campus location. This license does not extend to business or commercial users.
Better, Faster, Easier
Snow Leopard enhances your entire Mac experience. In ways big and small, it gets faster, more reliable, and easier to use.
- Activate Exposé right from the Dock.
- Wake from sleep and shut down your Mac faster than before.
- Install it more quickly and get back 7GB of disk space.
- Enjoy dozens more refinements for everything from iChat to Preview and more.
New core technologies in Snow Leopard unleash the power of today's advanced hardware and prepare Mac OS X for future innovation.
- 64-bit support, the next big step for the Mac. All key system applications are now 64-bit so they can take advantage of all the memory in your Mac.
- Grand Central Dispatch, a revolutionary new way for software to get the most from multicore processors.
- OpenCL, a new technology that unleashes the power of graphics processors to accelerate application performance.
As the next generation of media players, it's built on new core technologies and advances modern media and Internet standards.
- Watch your videos in a clean, uncluttered interface with the new QuickTime Player.
- Record audio or video using the built-in iSight camera and microphone in your Mac.
- Trim your media to the perfect length.
- Easily publish your media to MobileMe or YouTube.
Out-of-the-Box support for Microsoft Exchange
Mac OS X Snow Leopard delivers built-in suppoert for the latest version of Microsoft Exchange Server, something even Windows PCs don't have.
- Use your Mac at home and at work and have all your messages, meetings, and contacts in one place.
- Easily set it up using the Autodiscovery feature in Exchange.
- Use Mail, iCal, and Address Book to access your work email, calendars, and the
- Take advantage of powerful Mac OS X features such as Spotlight, Quick Look, data detectors, and more.
- Use Top Sites to view your favorite websites at a glance, see which ones have been updated, and visit them in a click.
- Complete search queries as you type with built-in Google Suggest.
- Flip through full-page previews of your browsing history in Cover Flow the same way you flip through album art in iTunes.
Every Mac comes with built-in technologies designed to help people with disabilities experience it. Innovations in Snow Leopard advance accessibility even further.
- Control your Mac using gestures on your Multi-Touch trackpad. And when you drag your finger across the trackpad, VoiceOver speaks the items you touch so you know how they’re arranged on the screen.
- Snow Leopard includes support for over 40 braille display models, including Bluetooth models.
- New accessibility features make web browsing easier, faster, and more enjoyable.
- Mac computer with an Intel processor
- 1GB of memory
- 5GB of available disk space
- DVD drive for installation
- Some features require a compatible Internet service provider; fees may apply.
- Some features require Apple’s MobileMe service; fees and terms apply.
- Time Machine: requires an additional hard drive or Time Capsule (sold separately).
- Photo Booth: requires an iSight camera (built in or external), USB video class (UVC) camera, or FireWire DV camcorder. Backdrop effects when using a DV camcorder require fixed focus, exposure, and white balance.
- Boot Camp: requires Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or Windows Vista (sold separately).
- Screen sharing: in iChat and the Finder requires a 128-Kbps Internet connection (300 Kbps recommended).
- DVD Player: requires a 1.6GHz processor or faster for improved deinterlacing.
- Audio chats require a microphone and a 56-Kbps Internet connection.
- Video chats require an iSight camera (built in or external), USB video class (UVC) camera, or FireWire DV camcorder; and a 128-Kbps upstream and downstream Internet connection.
- Backdrop effects when using a DV camcorder require fixed focus, exposure, and white balance.
- Some iChat features offer better performance and quality with higher system capabilities. More details
- Exchange Support: requires Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 Update Rollup 4. Auto-setup requires enabling the Autodiscovery feature of Microsoft Exchange Server.
- QuickTime X movie capture: requires iSight camera (built-in or external), USB video class (UVC) camera, or FireWire DV camcorder.
- QuickTime H.264 hardware acceleration: requires a Mac with an NVIDIA 9400M graphics processor.
- Developer tools: require 1GB of memory and an additional 3GB of available disk space.
- OpenCL: requires one of the following graphics cards or graphics processors:
- NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, GeForce 9600M GT, GeForce 8600M GT, GeForce GT 120, GeForce GT 130, GeForce GTX 285, GeForce 8800 GT, GeForce 8800 GS, Quadro FX 4800, Quadro FX5600
- ATI Radeon 4850, Radeon 4870
- 64-bit support: requires a Mac with a 64-bit processor.
- Grand Central Dispatch: requires a Mac with a multicore processor.
What's in the Box:
- Installation DVD
- Printed and Electronic Documentation