Apple 3.2GHz Intel Core i3 iMac Desktop Computer, Model Z0JM00015
Big, beautiful displays.
21.5-inch and 27-inch displays.
Today’s iMac has come a long way from the first 15-inch iMac. Take one look and you’ll see just how far. A 21.5-inch or 27-inch display with edge-to-edge glass covers nearly the entire front of the enclosure. When all you see is the display, nothing gets between you and what’s onscreen. Movies, TV shows, websites, photos — everything looks stunning on the 16:9 widescreen iMac display.
When a display has more pixels, you need to push more light through them to achieve the best picture possible. LED backlighting in iMac does exactly that, with remarkable brightness and efficiency. Because the LED backlight doesn’t take up much space, the iMac enclosure stays thin — even with all the high-performance components inside.
The 21.5-inch iMac features 1920-by-1080 HD resolution. Apple engineers could simply have stretched that resolution up and out for the 27-inch iMac. Instead, they took the display well beyond HD with 2560-by-1440 resolution. That’s 78 percent more pixels than the 21.5-inch iMac.
The iMac display is designed to look great from almost any angle. A technology called in-plane switching (IPS) makes this possible. Whether you’re sitting in front of the display or standing off to the side, you’ll get a great picture with superb color. All-in-one simplicity.
Evolution of iMac.
It was a great idea then, and it’s a great idea now. The all-in-one design of the first flat-panel iMac cleaned up the desktop. It put everything you need — display, processor, graphics card, hard drive, optical drive, memory, and more — inside one simple enclosure. New technology on the inside makes the new iMac a worthy addition to the all-in-one dynasty.
While you’ll find a collection of ports on the back of iMac, you won’t find much else. A seamless, precision-forged enclosure makes the back one continuous aluminum surface. And there’s only one cord: the power cord.
Cool, quiet components.
The widescreen iMac display allows more room to separate the two hottest components, the CPU and the GPU. This keeps things cool inside the iMac enclosure. Apple engineers also implemented an intelligent control system that monitors temperatures and delivers just the right amount of airflow to critical components. And the three fans inside iMac have been tuned to be ultraquiet. The result of all this tinkering with heat and sound? A system that operates at 18 decibels when idle — so quiet, you hardly know it’s on.*
Details that matter.
The glass that surrounds the LED-backlit display wraps around the edge of the aluminum enclosure.
Another victory over clutter, the finely tapered aluminum pedestal practically disappears on the desktop.
New speakers deliver louder, clearer sound with better bass response and less distortion.
A tidier desktop.
Wired keyboard and Magic mouse included.
The Apple Keyboard features an anodized aluminum enclosure with low profile keys and two USB 2.0 ports. The ultracompact design takes up less desktop space and allows you to mouse more comfortably next to the keyboard.
Magic Mouse with Multi-Touch.
Magic Mouse is designed to do all the things a mouse should do — pointing, clicking, and scrolling — but with no scroll wheel, no trackball, and no visible button. Magic Mouse uses Multi-Touch technology to let you click, scroll, or swipe anywhere on its perfectly smooth, seamless top shell. But the real magic of Magic Mouse is how it knows what you want to do. A chip inside Magic Mouse acts as a brain, detecting the difference between a resting hand, a scrolling finger, a two-finger swipe, and a simple click. It’s the smartest mouse we’ve ever made.
The new Magic Trackpad.
Also available for your iMac, the new Magic Trackpad brings the full set of Multi-Touch gestures to the desktop for the first time. It features the same sculpted aluminum design as the Apple Wireless Keyboard, and side by side the two sit flush at the same angle and height.
Environmentally friendly design.
iMac is designed to have less impact on the environment than most other computers. It’s energy efficient, free of many harmful toxins, and made of highly recyclable materials.
Connections and expansion
- One FireWire 800 port; 7 watts
- Four USB 2.0 ports
- SDXC card slot
- AirPort Extreme 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking;3 IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) wireless technology
- 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Two internal 17-watt high-efficiency amplifiers
- Headphone/optical digital audio output (minijack)
- Audio line in/optical digital audio input (minijack)
- Built-in microphone
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone
Environmental Status Report
- Arsenic-free display glass
- Highly recyclable aluminum and glass enclosures
- Meets ENERGY STAR 5.0 requirements
- Rated EPEAT Gold5
- 21.5-inch iMac
- Built-in 21.5-inch (viewable) LED-backlit glossy widescreen TFT active-matrix liquid crystal display with IPS technology
- Resolution: 1920 by 1080 pixels
- Typical brightness: 330 cd/m2
- All models Millions of colors at all resolutions Typical viewing angle: 178° horizontal; 178° vertical 16:9 aspect ratio
Graphics and video support
- 21.5-inch models, one of the following:
- ATI Radeon HD 5670 graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR3 memory
- iSight camera
- Mini DisplayPort output port with support for DVI, VGA, and dual-link DVI (adapters sold separately);
- Support for extended desktop and video mirroring modes
- Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to a 30-inch external display (2560 by 1600 pixels)
- Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard (includes iTunes, Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Front Row, Xcode Developer Tools)
- iLife (includes iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iWeb, GarageBand)
Processor and memory
- 21.5-inch models, one of the following:
- 3.2GHz Intel Core i3 processor with 4MB level 3 cache; supports Hyper-Threading
- 4GB (two 2GB SO-DIMMs) of 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM; four SO-DIMM slots support up to 16GB Storage1
- 21.5-inch models:
- 1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA hard drive
- Optional 2TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA hard drive
- Slot-loading 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
- Writes DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL discs at up to 4x speed
- Writes DVD-R and DVD+R discs at up to 8x speed
- Writes DVD-RW discs at up to 6x speed and DVD+RW discs at up to 8x speed
- Reads DVDs at up to 8x speed
- Writes CD-R discs at up to 24x speed
- Writes CD-RW discs at up to 16x speed
- Reads CDs at up to 24x speed
Electrical and operating requirements
- Line voltage: 100-240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz, single phase
- Maximum continuous power: 241W (21.5-inch models); 365W (27-inch models)
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -4° to 116° F (-20° to 47° C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- Maximum altitude: 10,000 feet
- Height: 17.75"
- Width: 20.8"
- Depth: 7.42"
- Unit: 20.5 lbs
- Shipping: 30 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty(authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts and Labor with 90 Days Phone Support