Generac Guardian Series 10,000 Watts Prepackaged Standby Home Generator - 5871
Provides essential circuit power protection for your home, ensuring the necessities remain powered during an outage. Has the ability to backup a 3-ton air conditioner, well pump or water heater, and the main rooms of your house.
- Generac's Nexus™ Controller is the most comprehensive available. The dual line, tri-lingual LCD display allows for easy monitoring and management of generator functions.
- Simple field conversion from natural gas to LP.
- Generac’s OHVI® engine was designed specifically for generators. It outperforms most competitive generator engines with an engine life that is three to four times longer and has a significantly longer period between scheduled maintenance checkups.
- TruePower™ Technology provides clean, smooth operation of sensitive electronics and appliances.
- Sturdy, galvanneal steel enclosure with RhinoCoat™ finish for superior weather protection, modeled to withstand 150 mph winds.
- External “At-a-Glance” indicator lights offer an easy way to tell generator status without opening the generator enclosure.
- Added Sound Reduction with enclosures that are lined with sound reducing foam panels for further noise reduction.
- Hour Meter monitors run time, providing information to determine maintenance intervals.
- Easiest installation on the market and an excellent value when purchased
pre-packaged with a pre-wired transfer switch, or customize your system by
purchasing the generator and transfer switch separately
- INNOVATIVE DESIGN & PROTOTYPE TESTING are key components of GENERAC¡¦S success in "IMPROVING POWER BY DESIGN." But it doesn't stop there. Total commitment to component testing, reliability testing, environmental testing, destruction and life testing, plus testing to applicable CSA, NEMA, EGSA, and other standards, allows you to choose GENERAC POWER SYSTEMS with the confidence that these systems will provide superior performance.
- TRUE POWERR ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY Superior harmonics and sine wave form produce less than 5% Total Harmonic Distortion for utility quality power. This allows confident operation of sensitive electronic equipment and micro-chip based appliances, such as variable speed HVAC.
- TEST CRITERIA:
- PROTOTYPE TESTED
- NEMA MG1-22 EVALUATION
- SYSTEM TORSIONAL TESTED
- MOTOR STARTING ABILITY
- SOLID-STATE, FREQUENCY COMPENSATED VOLTAGE REGULATION This state-of-the-art power maximizing regulation system is standard on all Generac models. It provides optimized FAST RESPONSE to changing load conditions and MAXIMUM MOTOR STARTING CAPABILITY by electronically torque-matching the surge loads to the engine. An unequalled ¡Ó1% voltage regulation.
- SINGLE SOURCE SERVICE RESPONSE from Generac¡¦s extensive dealer network provides parts and service know-how for the entire unit, from the engine to the smallest electronic component.
- GENERAC TRANSFER SWITCHES Long life and reliability are synonymous with GENERAC POWER SYSTEMS. One reason for this confidence is that the GENERAC product line includes its own transfer systems and controls for total system compatibility.
- Generac (OHVI) Design - Maximizes engine “breathing” for increased fuel efficiency. Plateau honed cylinder walls and plasma moly rings help engine run cooler, reducing oil consumption. Because heat is the primary cause of engine wear, the OHVI has a significantly longer life than competitive engines.
- “Spiny-lok” cast iron cylinder walls - Rigid construction and added durability provide long engine life.
- Electronic ignition/spark advance - These features combine to assure smooth, quick starting every time.
- Full pressure lubrication system - Superior lubrication to all vital bearings means better performance, less maintenance and significantly longer engine life. Now featuring a 2 year/200 hour oil change interval.
- Low oil pressure shutdown system - Superior shutdown protection prevents catastrophic engine damage due to low oil.
- High temperature shutdown - Prevents damage due to overheating.
- Revolving field - Allows for smaller, light weight unit that operates 25% more efficiently than a revolving armature generator.
- Skewed rotor (8 & 10 kW) Skewed stator (14 kW) - Produces a smooth output waveform for compatibility with electronic equipment.
- Displaced phase excitation - Maximizes motor starting capability.
- Automatic voltage regulation -
- Regulates the output voltage to ±1% prevents damaging voltage spikes. UL 2200 Listed - For your safety
- Fully Automatic - Transfers your vital electrical loads to the energized source of power.
- Pre-wired, color coded conduits - Ensures the easiest, trouble free installation.
- Remote Mounting - Mounts near your existing distribution panel for simple, low cost installation.
- UL Listed - For your safety
- Manual/Auto/Off switch - Selects the operating mode.
- Utility voltage sensing - Constantly monitors utility voltage, setpoints 60% dropout, 80% pick-up, of standard voltage.
- Generator voltage sensing - Constantly monitors generator voltage to ensure the cleanest power delivered to the home.
- Utility interrupt delay - Prevents nuisance start-ups of the engine, adjustable 10-30 seconds.
- Engine warm-up - Ensures engine is ready to assume the load, setpoint approximately 5 seconds.
- Engine cool-down - Allows engine to cool prior to shutdown, setpoint approximately 1 minute.
- Programmable seven day exerciser - Operates engine to prevent oil seal drying and damage between power outages by running the generator for 12 minutes every week.
- Smart battery charger - Delivers charge to the battery only when needed at varying rates depending on outdoor air temperature.
- Main Line Circuit Breaker - Protects generator from overload.
- Electronic governor - Maintains constant 60 Hz frequency.
- Weather protective enclosure - Ensures protection against mother nature. Hinged key locking roof panel for security. Lift-out front for easy access to all routine maintenance items. Electrostatically applied textured epoxy paint for added durability.
- Enclosed critical grade muffler - Quiet, critical grade muffler is mounted inside the unit to prevent injuries.
- Small, compact, attractive - Makes for an easy, eye appealing installation.
- Pre-wired External Connection Box
- 1’ Flexible Fuel Line Connector
- Pre-wired conduits
- UL Listed wire nuts - Easy Installation - Virtually all hardware
included, plus step-by-step photographed Installation Guide.
- Rated Maximum Continuous Power Capacity (LP) 10,000 Watts
- Rated Maximum Continuous Power Capacity (NG) 9,000 Watts
- Rated Voltage 120/240
- Rated Maximum Continuous Load Current – 41.6 LP/37.5 NG
- Total Harmonic Distortion Less than 5%
- Main Line Circuit Breaker 45 Amp
- Phase 1
- Number of Rotor Poles 2
- Rated AC Frequency 60Hz
- Power Factor 1
- Battery Requirement (not included) Group 26R 12 Volts and 525 Cold-cranking Amperes Minimum
- Sound output in dB(A) at 23 ft. with generator operating at normal load 63
- Type of Engine GENERAC OHVI V-TWIN
- Number of Cylinders 2
- Displacement 530cc
- Cylinder Block Aluminum w/Cast Iron Sleeve
- Valve Arrangement Overhead Valve
- Ignition System Solid-state w/Magneto
- Governor System Electronic
- Compression Ratio 9.5:1
- Starter 12 Vdc
- Oil Capacity Including Filter Approx. 1.7 Qts./1.7L
- Operating RPM 3,600
- 2-Line Plain Text LCD Display Simple user interface for ease of operation
- Mode Switch
- -Auto Automatic Start on Utility failure. 7 day exerciser
- -Off Stops unit. Power is removed. Control and charger still operate.
- -Manual/Test (start) Start with starter control, unit stays on. If utility fails, transfer to load takes place.
- Programmable start delay between 10-30 seconds Standard
- Engine Start Sequence Cyclic cranking: 16 sec. on, 7 rest (90 sec. maximum duration)
- Engine Warm-up 5 seconds
- Engine Cool-Down 1 minute Starter Lock-out
- Starter cannot re-engage until 5 sec. after engine has stopped.
- Smart Battery Charger Standard
- Automatic Voltage Regulation with Over and Under Voltage Protection Standard Automatic Low Oil Pressure Shutdown Standard
- Overspeed Shutdown Standard, 72Hz
- High Temperature Shutdown Standard
- Overcrank Protection Standard
- Safety Fused Standard
- Failure to Transfer Protection Standard
- Low Battery Protection Standard
- 50 Event Run Log Standard
- Future Set Capable Exerciser Standard
- Incorrect Wiring Protection Standard
- Internal Fault Protection Standard
- Common External Fault Capability Standard
- True Power® Electrical Technology
- Two Line LCD Tri-lingual Digital Nexus™ Controller
- 10, 12 or 14 Circuit Automatic Transfer Switch with Built-In Priority Load
- Electronic Governor
- Pre-wired External Connection Box
- External Main Circuit Breaker & System Status LED Indicators
- Flexible Fuel Line Connector
- Pre-wired conduits
- Natural Gas or LP Gas Operation
- UL 2200 Listed
- Unit: 387 lbs
- Shipping: 407 lbs
- Length: 48"
- Width: 25"
- Height: 29"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer):
- 2 Years Parts And Labor
- 3rd Year Parts Only