Sony PRS-950 Silver Reader Daily Edition Digital Reader - PRS950CC
Download your books and subscriptions wirelessly with the 7" Reader DailyEdition™, now with built-in Wi-Fi and free 3G wireless access to Reader™ Store.
Wirelessly download digital books and periodicals with the Reader Daily Edition™ featuring built-in Wi-Fi and free 3G mobile broadband to the Reader™ Store. A full 7" clear touch screen makes it a breeze to turn pages, take notes, highlight text and adjust fonts all with the swipe of your finger. By employing high contrast E Ink® Pearl technology on the anti-glare touch screen, you'll have an amazing, paper-like display that's fully readable in direct sunlight. Choose more content from more places like the online Reader Store, where you can access new releases and choose from over one million free public domain titles from Google Books, plus find links to borrow eBooks from public libraries.
- Exclusive Daily Content The Reader Daily Edition™ is the premier digital reader for The Wall Street Journal. At the Reader™ Store, subscribe to exclusive Wall Street Journal Plus content.
- One Million Reasons Together with Google Books, the Reader™ Store brings you access to over 1 million eBooks.
- More Than Just eBooks Multiple formats supported including PDF, Microsoft Word, BBeB Book and more. Reader Touch and Daily Editions play select audio files.
- Borrow From Your Library Access your local public library to browse, checkout and download eBooks. Best of all it's free and open 24/7.
- More Than A Good Read Experience the future of reading via an astonishing paper-like clear touch screen. Using E Ink® Pearl technology, Reader digital books offer a natural reading experience with an improved contrast ratio by up to 50 percent. This ensures Reader digital books can be easily read in virtually any light, including direct sunlight.
- The Story Behind The Ink Designed to imitate the appearance of ordinary ink on paper, electronic ink reflects light like ordinary paper and can hold both text and images. In addition to a natural paper-like reading experience, electronic paper display boasts ultra-low power consumption. Reader digital books use E Ink® Pearl technology, which is the latest generation of E Ink's microencapsulated ink imaging film.
- Go Beyond eBooks Reader digital books support Adobe® PDF, Microsoft® Word, BBeB® Book and other text file formats, as well as ePub/ACS4 and connection with Adobe Digital Editions. You can even play back unsecured MP3 and AAC audio files on the Reader Touch and Daily Editions.
- MAC Compatible And PC Compatible Easily manage your library, transfer titles and download eBooks via the included software that works with most Macintosh® and Windows® computers. Use the supplied USB cable to transfer eBooks and charge your Reader digital book.
- Gray Scale: 16-level gray scale
- Resolution: 600 x 1024 pixels
- Screen Size: Vizplex 7 inches
- Technology: Infra-Red Clear Touch Screen
- Memory Size: 2GB Dual Memory Card Expansion Slots for Memory Stick Duo™ and SD Card up to 32GB.
- Operating Temperature: 41°F to 95°F
- AC Power: DC 5.2 V
- Battery Life (Approx): 12,000 (ePub) Continuous page turns
- Battery Type: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery: DC 3.7 V
- Recharging Time: 3.5 Hours
What's In The Box:
- Sony Reader
- USB Cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Depth: 2.28"
- Height: 9.84"
- Width: 6.38"
- Unit: 1.234 lbs
- Shipping: 2 lbs