Garmin Nuvi 1490LMT GPS Navigation System - 0100081002
The large screen nüvi 1490LMT comes with FREE Lifetime Maps and Traffic and offers multiple-point routing and Lane Assist with junction view to help you manage busy highway interchanges. It announces streets by name, has hands-free calling compatibility and pedestrian navigation options. The ecoRoute™ feature calculates a more fuel-efficient route.
Includes FREE Lifetime Map Updates!
With free Lifetime Map¹ and Traffic2 updates, you always have the most up-to-date maps, points of interest and navigation information available at your fingertips. Traffic information is updated constantly, and map updates are available for download up to 4 times a year. Both features are ready to go, right out of the box, with no subscription or update fees and no expiration dates.
See Even More
It's easy to see where you're going on nüvi 1490LMT's 5" (12.7 cm) touchscreen display. View map detail, driving directions, photos and more in bright, brilliant color. With its big, bold display, you won't miss a thing.
Know The Lane Before It’s Too Late
No more guessing which lane you need to be in to make an upcoming turn. Lane assist with junction view guides you to the correct lane for an approaching turn or exit, making unfamiliar intersections and exits easy to navigate. It realistically displays road signs and junctions on your route along with arrows that indicate the proper lane for navigation. Lane assist with junction view is available in select metropolitan cities.
Navigate City Transit
With its enhanced pedestrian navigation capabilities, nüvi 1490LMT is the perfect travel companion for getting around town. Download optional cityXplorer™ content to help you navigate city public transit. Know where to walk, where to catch the bus, subway, tram or other transportation and how long it will take to get there. cityXplorer maps are available for select cities throughout North America and Europe. And with prices as low as $9.99, you'll have money left over to spend in the big city.
nüvi 1490LMT includes advanced navigation features to take the worry out of traveling. With route planning you can save 10 routes, specify via points and preview simulated turns on the 1490LMT's large screen. In addition, nüvi 1490LMT automatically sorts multiple destinations to provide an efficient route for errands, deliveries or sales calls. A trip log provides an electronic bread crumb trail of up to 10,000 points, so you can see where you've been on the map.
Get Turn-By-Turn Directions
nüvi 1490LMT's intuitive interface greets you with two simple questions: "Where To?" and "View Map." Touch the color screen to easily look up addresses and services and get voice-prompted, turn-by-turn directions that speak street names to your destination. It comes preloaded with detailed City Navigator® NT street maps, nearly 6 million points of interest (POIs), 2-D or 3-D maps and the speed limit for most major roads. Its digital elevation maps show you shaded contours at higher zoom levels, giving you a big picture of the surrounding terrain. With the 1490LMT's enhanced user interface, you can slide your finger to conveniently scroll between screens. You also can upload custom points of interest (POIs). And with HotFix® satellite prediction, nüvi calculates your position faster to get you there quicker.
Make Hands-Free Calls
For hands-free calling, nüvi 1490LMT integrates Bluetooth® wireless technology with a built-in microphone and speaker. Just pair it with your compatible Bluetooth phone and talk hands-free through the 1490LMT while staying focused on the road. Simply dial numbers with nüvi's touchscreen keypad to make a call. To answer calls, just tap the screen and speak into its built-in microphone. Enjoy convenient one-touch dialing for contacts and points of interest.
Go Beyond Navigation
Navigation is just the beginning. nüvi 1490LMT saves you gas and money with ecoRoute — a green feature that calculates the most fuel-efficient route, tracks fuel usage and more. The 1490LMT includes many travel tools, including JPEG picture viewer, world travel clock with time zones, currency converter, measurement converter, calculator and more. With photo navigation, you can download pictures from Garmin Connect™ Photos and navigate to them. With its "Where Am I?" emergency locator, you always know your location. Simply tap the screen to get your exact latitude and longitude coordinates, the nearest address and intersection, and the closest hospitals, police stations and fuel stations. The 1490LMT features Garmin Lock™, an anti-theft feature, and is compatible with our free Garmin Garage™ where you can download custom voices and vehicles. Enhance your travel experience with optional plug-in microSD™ cards.
Physical & Performance
- Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 5.4"W x 3.4"H x .6"D
- Display size, WxH: 4.4"W x 2.5"H ; 5.0" diag
- Display resolution, WxH: 480 x 272 pixels
- Display type: WQVGA color TFT with white backlight
- Weight: 7.8 ounces
- Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life: up to 3 hours
- High-sensitivity receiver
Maps & Memory
- Preloaded street maps
- Includes lifetime map updates
- Ability to add maps
- Built-in memory: internal solid state
- Accepts data cards: microSD™ card (not included)
- Waypoints/favorites/locations: 1000
- Routes: 10
- Voice prompts (e.g. "Turn right in 500 ft."): (internal speaker)
- Speaks street names (e.g. "Turn right ON ELM STREET in 500 ft.")
- Lane assist (guides you to the proper lane for navigation) (with junction view)
- Auto sort multiple destinations (provides most direct route)
- Auto re-route (fast off-route and detour recalculation)
- Choice of route setup (faster time, shorter distance, off road)
- Route avoidance (avoid highways, tolls etc.)
- Bluetooth® wireless technology
- FM traffic compatible (receiver and lifetime traffic included)
- Speed limit indicator (displays speed limit for most major roads in the U.S. and Europe)
- Where Am I? (find closest hospitals, police & gas stations, nearest address & intersection)
- ecoRoute™ (calculates a more fuel-efficient route)
- Qwerty or ABC keyboard (choose keyboard layout)
- Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest)
- Garmin Garage™ vehicles compatible (download car-shaped icons to your device)
- Garmin Garage™ voices compatible (download custom voices to your device)
- Photo navigation (navigate to geotagged photos)
- World travel clock, currency & unit converter, calculator
- Picture viewer
- Garmin Lock™ (anti-theft feature)
- Additional: This USB mass storage device is compatible with Windows® XP or newer and Mac® OS X 10.4 or later.
What's In The Box:
- nüvi 1490
- Preloaded City Navigator® NT North America (U.S, Canada and Mexico)
- Lifetime maps and traffic (indicated by "LMT" after model number on the box)
- FM traffic receiver with vehicle power cable
- Vehicle suction cup mount
- USB cable
- Dashboard disc
- Quick start manual
- Unit: 0.60 lbs
- Shipping: 3 lbs
- Depth: 0.60"
- Height: 3.4"
- Width: 5.4"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts And Labor