Canon 14.1 Megapixels Black Digital Camera - SX30IS
A PowerShot with an Extreme Zoom.
The PowerShot SX30 IS has got you prepared for your next extreme photo opportunity. This point-and-shoot digital camera comes with a massive 35x Wide-Angle (24-840mm) Optical Zoom lens - a first for any PowerShot! It also comes with a 2.7-inch Vari-angle LCD, 14.1 Megapixels, High Dynamic Range, Zoom Framing Assist and much more.
Canon's first high-powered 35x Wide-Angle Optical Zoom (24-840mm) with Optical Image Stabilizer reduces camera shake to achieve amazing images whether you are up close or far away.
The PowerShot SX30 IS is equipped with a 35x Optical Zoom lens with a focal length of 4.3 - 150.5mm (35mm equivalent: 24 - 840mm) that allows you to shoot any scene from wide-angle to telephoto. The camera uses a VCM (Voice Coil Motor) for high-speed, quiet, energy-efficient lens movement with precise control. Focal length is conveniently indicated on the lens barrel.
The lens is optimized to fully exploit its zoom length and wide shooting angle in concert with the camera's high 14.1 Megapixel resolution. UD glass effectively suppresses chromatic aberration, while enhanced negative refractive power ensures that distortion at the wide-angle is also corrected. Further aberration is controlled with the inclusion of a double-sided aspherical glass-molded lens and ultra-high refraction index lens.
The SX30 IS is equipped with Canon's acclaimed Optical Image Stabilizer Technology that automatically detects and corrects camera shake - one of the leading causes of fuzzy or blurred shots. Even when zoomed in, you can get the steady, crisp, brilliant images you'll be proud to shoot and share. And Canon's Optical Image Stabilizer Technology is convenient to use. It functions perfectly with or without a flash.
Improvements to Movie modes: Dynamic mode enables users to use the Optical Image Stabilizer while shooting video in the wide-angle setting, and the Optical Zoom is now available while shooting video.
Dynamic IS allows you to capture video with more precision and ease than ever before! Without having to make any additional camera adjustments, Dynamic IS automatically operates the moment you start recording video. This image stabilizer continuously readjusts throughout the camera's entire zoom range to correct a broad range of motion - especially when shooting in the wide-angle end, so footage comes out steady and clear even while you're walking and recording at the same time!
And with a powerful 35x Optical Zoom, you'll never be too far away from capturing your greatest memories! Best of all, the Optical Zoom can now be used while shooting video - a first for any of the Canon PowerShot SX digital cameras! So no matter the distance or environment, Canon lets you stay confident that you'll capture the footage you want.
Shoots superb 720p HD video with stereo sound so you can fully capture those fun, memorable moments, and then view them with an HDMI output connector for easy playback on your HDTV.
The PowerShot SX30 IS lets you record video in beautiful high definition (1280 x 720 pixels). The camera also makes it easy to enjoy HD videos (and still photos) on your HDTV with a mini-HDMI connector for direct connection to a high-definition TV monitor. You'll enjoy the HD experience with no degradation of image or audio in the signal, plus the ability to display up to 130 still images at once.
Using the new Zoom Framing Assist button aids the user in tracking and capturing subjects during super telephoto photography.
With its 35x Optical Zoom lens, the SX30 IS can certainly capture subjects located at a very far distance; however, even with a powerful zoom lens it can often be tricky to track a moving subject while zoomed out to the maximum telephoto range and attempting to steady the camera. To counter this problem, Canon created the Zoom Framing Assist function. By simply pressing and holding the convenient Zoom Framing Assist function button, the camera will automatically zoom out to a wider focal point, allowing you to look for your elusive subject. Once found, releasing the button will cause the camera to return to its original position and intelligently keep the subject in focus, so you don't have to trouble yourself with any of the controls. Recording video and images has never been easier with a Canon PowerShot!
Advanced Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper settings for the camera based on 28 predefined shooting situations.
Just set the Canon PowerShot SX30 IS to Smart AUTO and you're ready for maximum enjoyment from your picture taking every time. It's a relaxing and satisfying way to shoot because you can completely concentrate on your subject knowing that the camera has the technical details covered. Advanced Canon technology intelligently analyzes your situation and shooting conditions. Then it automatically selects an appropriate setting from 28 specially defined settings. So whether you're photographing flowers, a captivating sunset, or your friends at the park, you can be confident that you're getting dramatic, memorable images.
Shooting Modes Advanced presets for the best possible photos under certain conditions and with 23 Shooting Modes, you're ready for whatever shot comes your way:
- Smart AUTO The camera automatically selects the best shooting settings for optimal quality based on subjects and environmental factors to provide point-and-shoot simplicity.
- P Program Access advanced exposure compensation features while shooting mostly automatically.
- Tv Shutter-priority You select the shutter speed to stop or blur action, and the camera finds the appropriate aperture. With slow exposure times, Canon's noise reduction system activates to ensure low image noise.
- Av Aperture-priority You define the aperture to either isolate your subject or have clarity throughout the entire picture, and the camera will choose the corresponding shutter speed.
- Manual The ultimate in creative control, you select both aperture and shutter speed manually.
- C Custom Define and store your own settings to achieve the effects you prefer.
- Portrait The camera sets a large aperture, focusing on the subject and artistically blurring the background to make your subject "pop."
- Landscape For front to back sharpness, the camera sets a small aperture.
- Sports Ensure highly accurate auto focusing when shooting fast-moving subjects.
- Smart Shutter The camera automatically takes the photo when people smile, wink, or get into frame.
- Low Light For high quality image capture in an amazing range of dimly-lit situations.
- Super Vivid Super Vivid intensifies existing hues, saturating the scene with bright colors.
- Poster Effect Poster Effect combines several similar shades into one color, turning subtle gradations into eye-catching, scene-popping contrasts.
- Color Accent Choose to retain a single color in your image while other colors turn monochrome.
- Color Swap Select a color and replace it with a color you specify for special effects.
- Fisheye Effect Add a classic photo distortion without a fisheye lens.
- Miniature Effect Give images a miniature look with an effect that emphasizes perspective by blurring the top and bottom of the image.
- Beach Get clear shots of people at a sunny beach without darkened faces.
- Foliage Capture brilliant shots of autumn foliage, greenery and blossoms.
- Snow Shoot clear snow scenes without darkened subjects or an unnatural bluish tint.
- Fireworks Grab brilliant images of skyrocketing fireworks.
- Stitch Assist Build awe-inspiring panoramas by neatly aligning sequential images.
- Movie Shoot in HD (1280 x 720 at 30 fps) for up to 20 min. and 43 sec. or 4GB per clip, VGA (640 x 480 at 30 fps) for up to 43 min. and 43 sec. or 4GB per clip and QVGA (320 x 240 at 30 fps) for up to 1 hour 58 min. and 19 sec. or 4GB per clip.
This classically-styled camera has a powerful DIGIC 4 Image Processor and 14.1 Megapixels, which makes it a perfect device for any shooter!
The PowerShot SX30 IS is equipped with many of the same features as a higher-end camera: an ultra-powerful zoom, eye-popping resolution and advanced picture-improving technology. 14.1 Megapixels of resolution gives your photography incomparable depth and ensures that any section of any shot can be enlarged and cropped with no loss in quality when you edit the image or even if you choose to print the image. It can create crisp, clear 13" x 19" posters.
DIGIC 4 Image Processor
Canon's proprietary DIGIC Image Processors have long set its cameras apart from the competition, and the new DIGIC 4 sets the bar even higher. Faster, more accurate noise reduction delivers better image quality, even at high ISO speeds.
Technology is an entirely original scene-recognition technology developed for digital cameras by Canon. Using an internal database of thousands of different photos, iSAPS works with the advanced DIGIC 4 Image Processor to improve focus speed and accuracy, as well as exposure and white balance.
Large 2.7-inch Vari-angle LCD enables easy viewing.
The camera's 2.7-inch PureColor System LCD screen gives you the big picture, whether you're shooting, reviewing or showing off your images. This high-resolution screen offers a crisp, clear picture to make shooting, playback and using the camera's menu functions especially convenient. The clear and bright LCD also features Night Display for easy viewing in low light. It also has an electronic viewfinder that provides sharp images when you shoot up close during Macro photography.
For the first time, this camera comes with Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries, which makes powering up simple.
The PowerShot SX30 IS now uses a rechargeable lithium-ion NB-7L battery. For ultimate convenience and simplicity, just charge the batteries and you're ready for your next photographic adventure!
- PowerShot SX30 IS Camera Body
- Lithium-ion Battery Pack NB-7L
- Battery Charger CB-2LZ
- Neck Strap NS-DC11
- Lens Cap
- Case for Hot Shoe Cap
- AV Cable AVC-DC400ST
- USB Interface Cable IFC-400PCU
- Digital Camera Solution CD-ROM
- Compact digital still camera with built-in flash, 35x Optical/4x Digital/140x Combined Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer System
- Type 14.1 Megapixel, 1/2.3-inch type Charge Coupled Device (CCD)
- Total Pixels Approx. 14.5 Megapixels
- Effective Pixels Approx. 14.1 Megapixels
- Focal Length 35x zoom: 4.3 (W) - 150.5 (T) mm (35mm film equivalent: 24 (W) - 840 (T) mm)
- Digital Zoom 4x
- Focusing Range Auto: 0 in./0 cm - infinity (W), 4.6 ft./1.4 m - infinity (T); Normal: 2.0 in./ 5 cm - infinity (W), 4.6 ft./1.4 m - infinity (T); Macro: 0 in. - 1.6 ft./ 0 - 50 cm (W) Manual Focus: 0 in./0 cm - infinity (W), 4.6 ft./1.4 m - infinity (T)
- Autofocus System TTL Autofocus, manual focus
- Optical Viewfinder Electronic Viewfinder available
- LCD Monitor 2.7-inch TFT color LCD (Vari-angle type with wide viewing angle)
- LCD Pixels Approx. 230,000 pixels
- LCD Coverage Approx. 100%
- Maximum Aperture f/2.7 (W) - f/5.8 (T) - The following f/numbers are available in Av or M: W: f/2.7, 3.2, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0, 5.6, 6.3, 7.1, 8.0 T: f/5.8, 6.3, 7.1, 8.0
- Shutter Speed 1 - 1/3200 sec. 15 - 1/3200 sec. (Total shutter speed range) - Shutter speeds differs depending on the shooting mode. - Shutter speeds available in Tv and M: 15, 13, 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3.2, 2.5, 2, 1.6, 1.3, 1, 0.8, 0.6, 0.5, 0.4, 0.3, 1/4, 1/5, 1/6, 1/8, 1/10, 1/13, 1/15, 1/20, 1/25, 1/30, 1/40, 1/50, 1/60, 1/80, 1/100, 1/125, 1/160, 1/200, 1/250, 1/320, 1/400, 1/500, 1/640, 1/800, 1/1000, 1/1250, 1/1500, 1/1600, 1/2000, 1/2500, 1/3200 (Units: sec.)
- Sensitivity Auto, ISO 80/100/200/400/800/1600 equivalent (Camera automatically sets the optimal ISO speed according to shooting mode.)
- Light Metering Method Evaluative*, Center-weighted average, Spot** * Control to incorporate facial brightness in Face Detection AF ** Metering frame is fixed to the center *2 Fixed to center
- Exposure Control Method AE Lock
- Exposure Compensation +/-2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- White Balance Control Auto*, Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Flash, Custom *Facial color is evaluated in Face AiAF.
- Built-in Flash Auto, Red-eye Reduction, Auto Red-eye Correction, Flash On, Flash Off; FE lock, Slow Synchro, Smart Flash
- Flash Range 1.6 - 19 ft. (W), 4.6 - 9.2 ft. (T), (50 cm - 5.8 m (W), 1.4 - 2.8 m (T))
- Recycling Time 10 sec. or less (battery voltage=7.4V)
- Flash Exposure Compensation +/-2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- Shooting Modes Smart AUTO, P, Tv, Av, M, C1, C2, Portrait, Landscape, Sports, SCN*1, Movie*2 *1Smart Shutter*3, Low Light, Super Vivid, Poster Effect, Color Accent, Color Swap, Fisheye Effect, Miniature Effect, Beach, Foliage, Snow, Fireworks, Stitch Assist *2Smart AUTO available *3 Smile, Wink, Self-timer, Face Self-timer
- Photo Effects My Colors My Colors Off, Vivid, Neutral, Sepia, Black & White, Positive Film, Lighter Skin Tone, Darker Skin Tone, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid Red, Custom Color* * Adjustment of contrast, sharpness, saturation, red, green, blue and skin tone are available
- Self Timer Custom*/approx. 10-sec. delay/approx. 2-sec. delay * Delay time (0 - 10 sec. (in one-second increments), 20/25/30 sec.) and number of shots (1 - 10 shots (in one-shot increments)) can be specified.
- Continuous Shooting Normal: Approx. 1.3 shots/sec. (when shooting in P mode), Approx. 3.6 shots/sec. (when shooting in Low Light mode) AF: Approx. 0.6 shots/sec. (when shooting in P mode), Approx. 1.0 shots/sec. (when shooting in Low Light mode) LV: Approx. 0.6 shots/sec. (when shooting in P mode), Approx. 1.1 shots/sec. (when shooting in Low Light mode) - Under conditions where the flash does not fire automatically. - Differs depending on the zoom position.
- Storage Media SD/SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card, MultiMediaCard, MMC Plus Card, HC MMC Plus Card
- File Format Design rule for camera file system, DPOF Version 1.1 compliant
- Image Recording Format Normal, Fine
- Number of Recording Pixels Still Image: 4320 x 3240 (Large), 3072 x 2304 (Medium 1), 1600 x 1200 (Medium 2)*, 640 x 480 (Small), 3744 x 2104 (Widescreen), * Same as when shooting in Low Light
- Playback Modes File - Easy, Auto Rotate (Automatic vertical/horizontal detection), Resume Playback, Image Advance (Operation Tools, Transition effects, Scroll Display), Rotate, Favorites, My Category, Jump, Slide Show (Playback Interval, Repeat, Effect, Playlist), Smart Shuffle - Still Images: Single, Index, Magnification, Trimming, Resize, Focus Check, Histogram, Overexposure Warning. - Videos: Normal Playback*, Editing, slow motion **, pause, first frame, last frame, next frame, previous frame, fast forward, fast rewind * Auto settings available in 5 levels ** 5 levels (including normal playback), sound not available.
- Erase Modes Still Image: single image, select range, all images Video: any video file
- Computer Interface USB 2.0 Hi-Speed USB (dedicated female connector with unified type of digital, audio and video) *2 mini-B compatible.
- Video Out Analog: NTSC/PAL, digital: HDMI mini connector
- Audio Out Stereo
- Other Memory card slot; direct connection to Canon SELPHY Compact Photo Printers, PIXMA Inkjet Photo Printers and PictBridge-compatible printers via camera's USB 2.0 Hi-Speed cable
- Power Supply 1. Battery Pack NB-7L 2. AC Adapter Kit ACK-DC50 Approx. 400 shots (electronic viewfinder) Approx. 370 shots (LCD monitor) Approx. 10 hours
- Power Source 1. Battery Pack NB-7L 2. AC Adapter Kit ACK-DC50
- Shooting Capacity Approx. 400 shots (electronic viewfinder) Approx. 370 shots (LCD monitor)
- Playback Time Approx. 10 hours
- Operating Temperature 32-104°F/0-40°C
- Operating Humidity 10-90%
- Note: 26 display languages provided (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Portuguese, Korean, Greek, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Turkish, Thai, Arabic, Romanian, Ukrainian, Farsi).
- Width: 4.84"
- Height: 3.64"
- Depth: 4.24"
- Unit: 1.325 lbs
- Shipping: 3 lbs