Apple Mac Mini 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor With Snow Leopard Server
What is Mac mini with Snow Leopard Server? Exactly what you'd expect
— a Mac mini specifically designed to be a server, complete with Snow Leopard
Server preinstalled. Instead of a SuperDrive, there are two 500GB 7200-rpm hard
drives that give you all the storage you need to help your group work more efficiently
Mac mini means business. Small business. Mac mini with Snow Leopard
Server is designed to help you communicate, collaborate, and share information.
It's perfect for any small business or group — retail shops, medical and law
offices, classrooms, design studios — you name it. Now you can have your own
server that supports email on Mac computers, PCs, iPhone, and iPad. Sync and
share calendars and contact information. Access and swap files securely — and
at lightning speed — between Mac computers and PCs. Easily create full-featured
wikis and high-quality podcasts. And automatically back up all your important
The more users the merrier. Mac mini with Snow Leopard Server lets you
add an unlimited number of Mac and PC users without per-user licensing fees.
So you can grow your business without growing your costs. And you get amazing
hardware and software that are ready to go, right out of the box, for less than
the cost of most server software alone.
Ready. Set up. Go.
Server Assistant. Your own mini IT department. The Mac is famously easy
to use, and so is Mac mini with Snow Leopard Server. That makes it perfect for
people who've never run a server before, or for overtaxed IT departments. Server
Assistant will walk you through the setup process step by step. And if you want
help at any stage, just click the ? icon for more information.
Management skills. Tools like Server Preferences let you quickly set
up all your key services and manage users and groups. And a Server Status Dashboard
widget makes it easy to keep an eye on the status of services such as email,
file sharing, web hosting, and more.
Open for business: integration and compatibility. Advanced network
hardware and software make it incredibly simple to integrate Mac mini with Snow
Leopard Server into any Mac or PC environment. And it's compatible with a wide
range of displays, keyboards, mice, and other peripherals, so you can put it
to work with the equipment you already have.
- Small but powerful. Mac mini with Snow Leopard Server features a
2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 8GB of memory with support for up to
8GB. It also has two 500GB 7200-rpm hard drives built in,1 so you can host
wikis and websites, back up the data you need, and store just about anything.
SuperDrive.If you ever want to burn discs or install additional software,
consider the external USB-based MacBook Air
- SuperDrive. It takes up very little space and easily connects to
Mac mini with a single USB cable — there's no separate power adapter.
- Space saver. Energy saver. Mac mini with Snow Leopard Server uses
less than 11 watts of power when idle.2 That's a fraction of the power consumed
by a similarly equipped tower server. It's also made from highly recyclable
aluminum. So it has a big impact on the way your office works and a tiny impact
on the planet.
Processor And Memory
- 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
- 3MB on-chip shared L2 cache
- 1066MHz frontside bus
- 8GB (two 4GB SO-DIMMs) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM; support for up to 8GB
- One FireWire 800 port (up to 800 Mbps)
- Four USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps)
- SD card slot
Graphics And Video Support
- NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared
with main memory
- Mini DisplayPort with support for up to 2560-by-1600 resolution
- HDMI port with support for up to 1920-by-1200 resolution
- DVI output using HDMI to DVI Adapter (included)
- VGA output using Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter (sold separately)
- Support for extended desktop and video mirroring across both ports
- AirPort Extreme 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking5; IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) wireless technology
- 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet (RJ-45) interface with support for jumbo frames
- Audio line in minijack (digital/analog)
- Audio line out/headphone minijack (digital/analog)
- HDMI port supports multichannel audio output
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone
- Dual 500GB 7200-rpm Serial ATA hard disk drives6
Electrical And Operating Requirements
- Line voltage: 100-240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz, single phase
- Maximum continuous power: 85W
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -40° to 116° F (-40° to 47° C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- Maximum altitude: 10,000 feet
- Typical acoustical performance
- Sound pressure level (operator position): 15 dBA at idle7
What's In The Box:
- Mac mini
- Mac OS X Server v10.6 Snow Leopard - Unlimited-Client License
- HDMI to DVI Adapter
- Power cord
- Install/restore DVDs
- Printed and electronic documentation
- Unit: 2.8 lbs
- Shipping: 5 lbs
- Depth: 7.7"
- Height: 1.4"
- Width: 7.7"