Yamaha Digital Piano With Pedal Board - DGX640CSET
Authentic grand piano feel with a wealth of sophisticated features 88 graded
hammer standard key with 535 natural sound voices and 165 styles.
DGX-640 is Yamaha's most piano like ever, with weighted graded hammer actions,
ultra-real feel and more. All the best sounds are available at the push of button
and recording virtuoso performances is simple with built-in recorder. The Yamaha
Education Suite and USB connectivity add functionality.
- 88-key Graded Hammer Standard (GHS) keyboard with matte black keytops
- Acoustic, super-expressive Live!, Cool! and Sweet! Voices and DSP included
- Easy Song Arranger feature and Performance Assistant Technology
- USB connection for convenient storage and song data playback
- Three pedals unit for expressive effects
- Graded Hammer Standard (GHS) Keyboard with matte black keytops Just
as on a traditional acoustic piano, the keys of the lower notes have a heavier
touch, while the higher ones are more responsive to lighter playing. The keyboard's
sensitivity can even be adjusted to match your playing style. This Graded
Hammer technology also enables the instrument to provide authentic touch in
a lightweight instrument.
- Amazingly Realistic Sounds Yamaha's highly acclaimed Sweet! and Cool!
Voices deliver incredibly natural and dynamic sound. Use the Pitch Bend wheel,
and hear these Voices--especially the Sax and Trumpet--truly come alive!
- Live!, Cool! and Sweet! Voices A huge palette of acoustic and electronically
amplified instrument sounds. A blend of long, stereo and multi-layered samples
is used to fully capture the natural presence, resonance, expression and vibrato
of the real instrument.
- Digital Signal Processor (DSP) The DSP effect can be added to the
Main and Dual Voices. These range from reverb-like ambience effects to distortion
and other dynamic processing tools that le you enhance the sound, or completely
- Easy Song Arranger In addition to each song's default style, you
can select any other style to play the song with the Easy Song Arranger feature.
This means that you can play a song that is normally a ballad, for example,
as a bossa nova, as a hip-hop tune, etc. You can create totally different
arrangements by changing the style with which a song is played. You can also
change the song's melody voice and the keyboard voice for a complete change
- Performance Assistant Technology (P.A.T.) Play along with a song
on the instrument's keyboard and produce a perfect performance every time
... even if you play wrong notes! All you have to do is play on the keyboard--alternately
on the left- and right-hand ranges of the keyboard, for example--and you'll
sound like a pro as long as you play in time with the music.
- Music Database plus External Files You want to play music in your
favorite style, but you're not sure how to select the best voice and style
for the type of music you want to play ... simply select the appropriate style
from the Music Database. The panel settings will automatically be adjusted
for the ideal combination of sounds and style! Furthermore, this instrument
allows Music Database files transferred via the internet (http://services.music.yamaha.com/).
These files can be used in the same way as the internal Music Database.
- USB TO DEVICE Terminal Insert a USB flash memory in the USB TO DEVICE
terminal on the instrument. It would let you save or load the registered settings
and user songs created on the instrument, as well as read data from the connected
- USB TO HOST Terminal Dive in and take advantage of the wide world
of computer music software. Connections and setup are exceptionally easy,
and you can play back your computer recorded parts with different instrument
sounds - all from a single instrument.
- Portable Grand Button Playing piano is fast and easy with Yamaha's
Portable Grand function. One dedicated button brings up a great sounding piano,
stunningly rich and authentic in its sound as well as setting up the keyboard
to play as a piano.
- Easy Performance with Music Notation Display When you play back a
song, the corresponding score will be shown on the display as the song plays.
This is a great way to learn how to read music. If the song contains lyric
and chord data*, the lyrics and chords will also appear on the score display.
* No lyrics or chords will appear on the display if the song does not contain
the appropriate lyric and chord data.
- Yamaha Education Suite (Y.E.S.) Yamaha Education Suite (Y.E.S.) is
an advanced set of helpful learning tools built into the instrument, letting
you teach yourself how to play and perform. Y.E.S. helps you master a song
with easy lesson steps. Each lesson can be done in isolation with either your
left hand or right hand, or both.
- Three pedals unit (LP-7A) The pedal unit has three foot pedals that
produce a range of expressive effects similar to those produced by the pedals
on an acoustic piano.
- Number of Keys 88
- Type Graded Hammer Standard (GHS) Keyboard
- Touch Response
- Type Full Dot LCD
- Size 320 x 240 dots
- Color Monochrome
- Score Display Function
- Lyrics Display Function
- Language English
- Tone Generating Technology AWM Stereo Sampling
- Number of Polyphony (Max.) 64
- Number of Voices 142 + 381 XGlite + 12 Drum/SFX Kits
- Featured Voices 3 Live! Voices, 8 Sweet! Voices, 5 Cool! Voices
- Reverb 35 types
- Chorus 44 types
- DSP 238 types
- Master EQ 5 types
- Panel Sustain (in Menu)
- Number of Preset Styles 165
- Fingering Multi / Full Keyboard, AI Finger
- Style Control INTRO, MAIN x 2, FILL-IN, ENDING
- User Styles Style File Format
- Easy Song Arranger
- Music Database 305 + External Files
- One Touch Setting (OTS)
- Number of Preset Songs 30
- Number of Songs 5
- Number of Tracks 6 (5 Melody + 1 Chord)
- Data Capacity Approx. 30,000 notes for 5 user songs (when only "melody"
tracks are recorded)
- Recording Function
- Data Format Playback SMF
- Recording SMF (Format 0)
- Number of Buttons 4 ( x 8 banks )
- Performance Assistant Technology (PAT) Chord, Melody, Chord/Free, Chord/Melody
- Yamaha Education Suite (YES) Waiting, Your tempo, Minus one, Repeat & Learn,
- Tempo Range 5 - 280
- Transpose -12 to 0, 0 to +12
- PIANO Button Portable Grand Button
Storage and Connectivity
- Internal Memory 1895KB
- External Drives Optional USB Flash Memory (via USB To Device)
- DC IN DC IN 12V
- Headphones x 1
- Sustain Pedal x 1
- Pedal Unit x 1
- USB TO DEVICE
- USB TO HOST
Amplifiers and Speakers
- Amplifiers 6W + 6W
- Speakers 12cm x 2 + 3cm x 2
- Power Supply Adaptor (PA-150 or the equivalent )
- Music Rest
- Keyboard Stand
- Song Book Included in CD-ROM with PFD format
- Unit: 165 lbs
- Shipping: 175 lbs
- Depth: 17.50"
- Height: 29.94"
- Width: 55.06"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 2 Year Parts