Nikon COOLPIX S80 Blue 14.1 Megapixels Digital Camera - COOLPIXS80BLUE
High style meets high tech with the debut of the ultra- slim, Touch Control Nikon COOLPIX S80. A large, bright 3.5-inch Ultra-High Resolution (819,000-dot) Organic LED (OLED) Clear Color Display provides touch control of camera functions, and the display's wide viewing angle and anti-glare coating make for bright, brilliant image composition, viewing and sharing. The 14.1-megapixel S80 features a 5x Wide Zoom-NIKKOR ED lens, HD (720p) stereo sound movie recording and creative image editing functions, including the ability to write or draw on the image. The S80 also offers VR Image Stabilization and high sensitivity up to ISO 6400. In a variety of colors, the stylish COOLPIX S80 is as beautiful as the pictures it takes.
Superior Image Quality
- 14.1-megapixel CCD sensor for stunning images.
- 5x Wide-Angle Optical Zoom-NIKKOR ED Glass Lens. Versatile 35-175mm lens ranges wide to capture landscapes, zooms in to get close to the action. In the NIKKOR tradition of precision optics, the high-quality ED glass lens delivers superb color and razor-sharp results.
- 5-way VR Image Stabilization System
- Optical VR Image Stabilization by lens shift minimizes the effects of camera shake.
- Hybrid VR Image stabilization by lens shift and electronic VR.
- Motion Detection automatically detects moving subjects and adjusts shutter speed and ISO to compensate for camera shake and subject movement.
- High ISO up to 6400 for optimum results when shooting in low light or photographing fast-moving subjects.
- Nikon’s Best Shot Selector (BSS) automatically takes up to ten shots while the shutter is pressed, then selects and saves the sharpest image.
- EXPEED C2 continues to expand the possibilities of photography with improved levels of image quality, fine detail and processing speed. Custom-optimized for each COOLPIX model, Nikon’s renowned digital image processing engine ensures outstanding images.
- ISO can be set as high as 6400 (3M or smaller images)
- In-camera Picture editing include Quick Retouch, Active D-Lighting, Soft Focus, Selective Color, Cross Screen, Fish-eye effect, Miniature effect and more.
- Touch Control Display makes it easy to write or draw on the large Display.
- Built-in Slide Show with Music.
- Subject Tracking track a moving subject to ensure sharp focus.
- Smart Portrait System
- Smile Timer automatically releases the shutter when your subject smiles.
- In-Camera Red-Eye Fix™ automatically corrects most instances of red-eye as you shoot. You may never see red-eye again.
- Face-Priority AF. Nikon’s face-finding technology automatically detects up to 12 faces.
- Skin Softening smoothes skin tones at three different levels for optimal portraits; can be applied while shooting or during playback.
- Blink Proof automatically takes two sequential shots and saves the one in which your subject's eyes are open.
- Blink Warning alerts you if a subject has blinked.
- 17 Scene modes automatically adjusts camera settings for specific scenes
- Easy Auto Mode automatically recognizes the scene you're shooting and selects the most appropriate scene mode; offers six scene modes plus auto.
- Macro shooting as close as 2.8 inches.
- 150 shots (approx.) with supplied EN-EL10 Li-ion rechargeable battery.
HD Movie Recording
- HD (720p) Movie with Stereo and HDMI Output, optical Zoom control and stereo sound recording. HDMI output allows easy in-camera playback or convenient playback on HD-TV or computer.
- 3.5-inch Ultra-High Resolution (819,000-dot) Organic LED (OLED) Clear Color Display for still images and HD movies that come alive with rich detail and improved contrast. The large Touch Control Display controls the camera’s key functions, and the display's wide viewing angle, brightness control and anti-glare coating make it easy to compose, view and share pictures.
- Ultra-Slim design. Just 0.7 inches thin.
- Sliding lens cover linked to power-on.
- Enhanced User Interface for intuitive operation.
Compact Digital Camera
- Effective Pixels:
- Image Sensor:
1/2.3-in. type CCD
- Total Pixels: 14.48
5x optical zoom, NIKKOR ED glass lens
- Lens Focal Length:
6.3-31.5mm (angle of view equivalent to that of 35-175mm lens in 35mm 
- Lens f/-number:
- Lens Construction:
13 elements in 10 groups
- Digital Zoom:
Up to 4× (angle of view equivalent to that of approx. 700mm lens in 35mm 
- Vibration Reduction:
Combination of image-sensor shift and electronic VR (still pictures) Lens-shift
- Autofocus (AF): Contrast-detect
- Autofocus (AF) Focus
range (from lens):
[W]: 30cm (1ft.) to 8 (approx.) [T]: 50cm (1ft. 8in.) to 8 (approx.) Macro
mode: 7 cm (2.8 in.) to 8 [W] Unless otherwise stated, all figures are for
a camera with a fully-charged Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL10 operated
at an ambient temperature of 25°C (77 °F).
- Autofocus (AF) Focus-area
priority Auto (9-area automatic selection) Center Manual (focus area can be
selected using the touch panel) Subject tracking
- Monitor Size:
3.5 in. diagonal
- Monitor Type:
Widescreen OLED (touch panel) Anti-reflection coating 5-level brightness adjustment
- Monitor Resolution:
- Monitor Frame coverage
97% horizontal (Approx.) 97% vertical (Approx.) (compared to actual picture)
- Monitor Frame coverage
100% horizontal (Approx.) 100% vertical (Approx.) (compared to actual picture)
- Storage Media:
SD memory card SDHC memory card SDXC memory card 79MB internal memory (approx.)
Unless otherwise stated, all figures are for a camera with a fully-charged
Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL10 operated at an ambient temperature of
- Storage File System:
DCF EXIF 2.2 DPOF compliant
- Storage File formats:
Sound files (Voice
MOV (Video:MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, Audio: AAC stereo)
Movie file format: MPEG-4 AVC H.264 Audio file format: AAC stereo HD: 1280
x 720p / 30fps Standard TV: 640 x 480 / 30fps Small Size: 320 x 240 / 30fps
- Image Size:
(pixels) 4352 x 3264 (14M) 3264 x 2448 (8M) 2592 x 1944 (5M) 2048 x 1536 (3M)
1024 x 768 (PC) 640 x 480 (VGA) 3968 x 2232 (16:9) Unless otherwise stated,
all figures are for a camera with a fully-charged Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
EN-EL10 operated at an ambient temperature of 25 °C (77 °F).
- ISO Sensitivity:
80 100 200 400 800 1600 3200 6400 Auto (auto gain ISO 80-800) Fixed range
auto (ISO 80-200, 80-400) Unless otherwise stated, all figures are for a camera
with a fully-charged Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL10 operated at an ambient
temperature of 25 °C (77 °F).
- Exposure Metering:
256-segment matrix, center-weighted (digital zoom less than 2X) Spot (digital
zoom 2X or more)
Control Programmed auto exposure with motion detection Exposure compensation
(-2.0 to +2.0 EV in steps of 1/3 EV)
- Exposure Range:
(auto mode) [W]: 0.7 to 16.9 EV [T]: 1.6 to 17.7 EV (exposure values achieved
with automatic ISO sensitivity adjustment converted to ISO 100 values)
Mechanical and charge-coupled electronic shutter
- Shutter Speed:
1/1500-2 sec. 4 sec. (when scene mode is set to Fireworks show)
Electronically-controlled ND filter (–2.3 AV) insertion
- Aperture Range:
2 steps (f/3.6 and f/8.1 [W])
- Self-timer: Can
be selected from 10 and 2 seconds duration
- Built-in flash Range
(approx.) : (ISO sensitivity: Auto) [W]: 0.5 to 4.0m (1 ft. 8 in. to 13
ft.) [T]: 0.5 to 2.5m (1ft. 8in. to 8ft. 2in.)
- Built-in Flash Control:
TTL auto flash with monitor preflashes
- Interface Data:
transfer protocol MTP PTP
- Video Output:
- HDMI Output Can be
Auto 480p 720p 1080i
- I/O terminal:
Audio/video (A/V) output Digital I/O (USB) HDMI mini connector (Type C) (HDMI
- Supported Languages:
Arabic Czech Chinese (Simplified and Traditional) Danish Dutch English Finnish
French German Greek Hungarian Indonesian Italian Japanese Korean Norwegian
Polish Portugese Russian Spanish Swedish Thai Turkish
- Power Sources:
One Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL10 (supplied) AC Adapter EH-62D (available
- Charging Time: 3
hours (when using Charging AC Adapter EH-68P and when no charge remains)(Approx.)
- Battery: Rechargeable
- Battery Life:
(shots per charge) Still pictures*: Approx. 150 shots Movies: Approx. 1 h
5 min (HD 720p (1280×720)) *Based on Camera and Imaging Products Association
(CIPA) standards for measuring the life of camera batteries. Measured at 23(±2)°C
(73(±4)°F); zoom adjusted with each shot, flash fired with every other shot,
image mode set to 16:9(8M) 3968×2232. *Battery life may vary depending on
shooting interval and length of time menus and images are displayed.
- Tripod Socket:
¼ (ISO 1222)
- Operating environment
- Temperature: 0 to
40°C (32 to 104°F)
- Humidity: Less than
85% (no condensation)
- AN-CP19 Strap
- EN-EL10 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- EH-68P Charging AC Adapter
- UC-E6 USB Cable
- EG-CP16 Audio Video Cable
- COOLPIX Software Suite CD
- TP-1 Stylus
- Height: 2.5"
- Width: 3.9"
- Depth: 0.7"
- Unit: 0.46 lbs
- Shipping: 1 lb
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts